New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 274
    Nexus 6
    @korgen63 I check the power settings using powercfg, a built-in windows command. Can you try and run powercfg /getactivescheme and see what it returns? I currently only check for Balanced and High Performance schemes so you might initially be running something else and i need to add that scheme as well. Also, if you can open the config.xml file (from where you extracted Oculus Tray Tool) with any text editor and check the <PowerPlan> setting in there. Does it have a value and if so what is it set to? Perhaps best if you PM me and we can keep checking.

Regarding Power management warnings, i get the USB hubs and such from the registry to check it's power state, and there might be old stuff in there that it picks up. I am looking at doing that check in a better way. The tool only reports if power management is enabled on USB devices, it does not actually do anything about it, that's up to you if you want to have it enabled or disabled. Have you checked in Device Manager and gone though the sensors and USB hubs and checked the Power Management tab? The Fresco Logic (Inateck card) should be the one that says SuperSpeed HUB i think, need to check a bit more exact when i get home from work.

• MugendonMugendon Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I like that you added the performance/density hud. Now there is one thing I also miss on the oculus debug tool (which you completely replaced by now) about that: Shortcuts :) It is quite annoying to fiddle around with the mouse and clicking around the screen while peeking somehow through the nosegap onto the screen.
    A simple keyboard shortcut could fix this. Since you can blindly use the keyboard just by feeling or just with a little nosegap peeking.
    This would make it way easier to quickly check the fps if you think there is something wrong in the game. Even better if the shortcuts can be placed on the Xbox/Touch controller (like pressing 2 buttons at once), but I don't know if implementing that is possible with an external tool.

Oh and of course thanks again for the tool itself :)
    Nexus 6
    Yea, i looked into that, but it creates a bit of a problem when a VR app is in focus and not the tool itself. Will keep looking at that though.
    NerveGear
    Ok, some info for this: If you define a HotKey for a shortcut on the windows desktop (e.g. to start Firefox), the HotKey will work regardless which application has focus. Maybe that's a path that leads to a solution.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    This is really interesting, I'll give this a go later tonight :) 

I don't have any problems with my setup but looks really useful anyway to be able to check everything in one place!

Great job!
    Nexus 6
    In the upcoming 0.62 release i have re-written the code that checks for usb hubs/sensors with power management enabled, it should now be more accurate and not pick up "ghost" devices.
    You should also be able to change Visual HUD mode using the arrow keys, need to tweak that a bit though.
    Still working on getting ASW implemented in profiles and in general more easily accessible. I have reached out to Oculus regarding this as well so we'll see what they say.

Cheers!
  • kogermaxkogermax Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    awesome little program you made there :) thank you.

one thing :) could you make it disapear from the alt+tab menu? :) while it is down in the tray
    Nexus 6
    New version is up, see OP for details.

Cheers!
    NerveGear
    edited January 2017
    Nice update, you rock! :)

One thing about ASW: The Oculus Debug Tool still works for me, but you have to actively set it to disabled. For example the ODT usually starts with ASW on disabled, but that won't do anything. I have to first switch it to one of the active modes and then back to disabled in order to make it correctly disable ASW.

Btw. maybe setting Showdown to 3.0 Supersampling makes real FPS sink even under 45 which might lead to some unexpected behavior.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 975
    3Jane
    Hi @ApollyonVR, many thanks for this really useful tool. I just downloaded the last version and the only problem I had was because I have a customized size for my font, so the "More" screen was cut on its right side. Not a big deal I know this is a really rare user case. I set it back to default to set the tool and reset to my customized settings after all. The Scan features is pretty great, nice! :) I set all SS I currently use but didn't have time to test it yet. I'll let you know if I meet any problem. So far so good, thanks again :)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6
    Thanks for the update!

If you're still looking for new features, how about per-app default audio device switching just like the supersample profiles?
    There are some games not using the Rift audio as default and falls back on the default Windows audio.
    Would be lovely to set once and forget :smile:

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 975
    3Jane
    edited January 2017
    AFAIK it have such feature as I set Rift by default when one of those apps/games are launched, and I set my default settings when they close. Didn't tried it but those Audio settings are in this tool :)

In the notes:
    Added an option to set Rift as default Audio/Mic device on tool or Oculus Home start. I have had issues with sound/mic not working for games in both Home and Steam. Changing the default Audio/Mic device to Rift solves that, so i included that automation in here. When Oculus Tray Tool or Oculus Home exits the previous default devices will be set to default again. For Steam, if you use the option to set Rift as default when launching Home, make sure to manually launch home before launching any Steam VR games so that the the Rift gets set to default.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• UdoGUdoG Posts: 42
    Brain Burst

Is it possible to add the possibiliy to change the size of the window? Actually, with 4K Resolution - I see only the left part of the Windows and not all Settings.

Thanks.

Nexus 6
    Hi!
    scaling should be fixed in the next release. I'll post a link soon, just need to test a few of the new things first.
  • UdoGUdoG Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Great news - thanks.
    Nexus 6
    The new version is up by the way, check original post for info and links. 
  • agenttoffagenttoff Posts: 325
    Trinity
     When I installed the previous version over the one before it, keeping my previous settings, the start with windows option wasn't checked, but after checking it it began to launch two instances at startup.  Just thought I'd mention it.   Maybe a problem with keeping the old config file.   I also could never get Home to launch when the service started, and I did go through and find its location and set it. 
    Nexus 6
    Ok, would you mind sending me a PM with your original config.xml and i'll see if i can re-create that issue? Also, could you try renaming the config_template.xml to config.xml, or simply start without a config.xml and a new should be created. Then you can copy over your profiles to that file, just grab everything between the <Profiles> tags and paste it into the new config.xml. See if that works better.
    Also, i updated the main post with a 0.64.1 version that i hope solves the issue with home not starting when service starts. Thanks for finding that one. =)

Trinity
    That was fast, thanks for fixing that!  :)  Home's now launching like it should.  I haven't tested to see if your suggestion fixed the startup option, but I'll try that a little later today since I can't restart my PC at the moment.  I'll go ahead and PM you my config though.
    Nexus 6
    @agenttof, i've found the problem regarding multiple instances, will fix that as soon as i can.
    Trinity
    @ApollyonVR, All is working well now.  No issues with two instances starting with Windows, no issues with Home launching with service start.  Thanks again!  
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    I am new at VR.  So, what does this tool do? I have the Inateck 4 x USB 3.0 PCI-E card.  And do I need to DL the SDK as well?  Thanks.
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
    Nexus 6
    @e_m_d88 This tool helps with a number of things, like increase stability of the Rift when using the Inateck card. If you suffer from disconnects then this might help you get rid of those. If you do not have problems with disconnects than don't worry about that part. It also has other things like super sampling profiles .e.g increase perceived resolution of the Rift, making things look a bit "crisper". You do not need any SDK, just the tool package. Check the readme or the youtube video that was made by Mike at Virtual Reality Oasis (that's not me in the video :p ). I am continuing to update the tool so check the main post from time to time and see if there's any new goodies added.

Cheers!

• e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    @e_m_d88 This tool helps with a number of things, like increase stability of the Rift when using the Inateck card. If you suffer from disconnects then this might help you get rid of those. If you do not have problems with disconnects than don't worry about that part. It also has other things like super sampling profiles .e.g increase perceived resolution of the Rift, making things look a bit "crisper". You do not need any SDK, just the tool package. Check the readme or the youtube video that was made by Mike at Virtual Reality Oasis (that's not me in the video :p ). I am continuing to update the tool so check the main post from time to time and see if there's any new goodies added.

Cheers!

Thank you sir for explaining it to me.  
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • JesseDeyaJesseDeya Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2017
    Yea, i looked into that, but it creates a bit of a problem when a VR app is in focus and not the tool itself. Will keep looking at that though.
    I too would like shortcuts, even if the tool has to be in focus for them to work. Using Voice Attack or similar we could still turn on and off the performance hud without leaving the game (and without using a keyboard!).
    Nexus 6
    The current version has voice commands built in, so try that out. I will very soon release an update with editable voice commands and also start/stop commands for the voice control.
  • foresterrforesterr Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    What's up with the "Scan" option in profile settings? My Oculus library is in a non-default location, and the scan never finds anything. There is an "OculusPath" in config (I don't think it's exposed anywhere in the interface), but changing it to my library path does not do anything.
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6
    Apollyon: You can now control ASW with the 1.1 CLI tool.
    for example to turn off ASW use the command: server:asw.Off
  • dougchismdougchism Posts: 125
    Art3mis
    When I exit windows with it running it crashes FYI 
    PC Specs: 
    Intel i7-7700K @4.2GHZ
    MSI Z270 VR-Ready M5 Gaming MB
    MSI 1080Ti Armor 11G OC
    G-Skill 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4
    Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
    Orico PA31-2P USB 3.1 Expansion Card
    Fractal Design R5 Silent Case
    3 ( soon to be 4 ) Sensor Roomscale Setup

Nexus 6
    foresterr, will fix that in the next release and add a option to set path from the GUI.
    Mace404, i know =) you can control ASW with voice commands in the current release of the tool, will add an option to set initial state in the next version as well.
    @dougchism not sure what you mean? Does the application show up in the shutdown phase like something you need to force close or similar?