Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 30 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• BlahdeBlahde Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Hi Mate.

You don't know what you got till it's gone.. :'( Really missing the functionality of being able to adjust SS on non Oculus Store games...
    If there is a BETA, would be great to be in it.

Thanks for this great app. 
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,112
    Wintermute
    The current version still work fine for me, I use it daily on Oculus and Steam games. I guess the problem is when you use Oculus Home to launch Steam game? I don't use that way, launching my Steam games directly in it or using direct shortcut to the executable itself. E.g. I added IL-2 from Steam recently and work fine. In last resort you should be able to use the Oculus DebugTool?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,605 Valuable Player
    IL-2 appears to be working fine for me as well with OTT, I launch IL-2 from the Oculus Home shortcut in the HMD.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,028 Valuable Player
    Will this be a fix for 1.22 or 1.23 please.
    Is this a question or a sentence?
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    It`s an enquiry or you could say question.
  • shitForBreakfastshitForBreakfast Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    dburne said:
    Hi, I absolutely love this tool since discovering it two weeks ago (when I got my Rift).
    I have two questions:
    1. Every time I boot my computer, I have to click yes on the grant permission pop-up dialogue box to run OTT.
      Is there any way to prevent that? I assume I always want it to boot at start-up + as Administrator.
    When you first set OTT to run at windows startup, you should be presented with two options. The first one (which it selects as default) is regular startup - this will give a UAC prompt each time. The second is to start as a scheduled task (this should eliminate the UAC prompt each time it starts). Tick this second option to have it start automatically without UAC prompt.
    Ok I uninstalled OTT and reinstalled, and it didn't give me any prompt on those options :(
    Still booting with annoying UAC prompt ahhhhhhh
    Try unchecking start with windows then rechecking it.  A prompt should come up asking you the same thing.
    aha that worked, thanks!
    NerveGear
    dburne said:
    Hi, I absolutely love this tool since discovering it two weeks ago (when I got my Rift).
    I have two questions:
    1. Every time I boot my computer, I have to click yes on the grant permission pop-up dialogue box to run OTT.
      Is there any way to prevent that? I assume I always want it to boot at start-up + as Administrator.
    When you first set OTT to run at windows startup, you should be presented with two options. The first one (which it selects as default) is regular startup - this will give a UAC prompt each time. The second is to start as a scheduled task (this should eliminate the UAC prompt each time it starts). Tick this second option to have it start automatically without UAC prompt.
    Ok I uninstalled OTT and reinstalled, and it didn't give me any prompt on those options :(
    Still booting with annoying UAC prompt ahhhhhhh
    Try unchecking start with windows then rechecking it.  A prompt should come up asking you the same thing.
    aha that worked, thanks!
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 371
    Trinity
    Beta has been sent to a couple of users. Need to get some more input on a few things that needs sorting out before i can release it as a public beta. Anyone who want's to test it let me know, but note that i might not send it to everyone who asks as i need to limit the number of testers to have time to respond to them.

Cheers!
    Art3mis
    Any chance I could try the beta to see if profiles will be applied and whether it will save boot up settings, as I have to start it manually and set up each time. These things only started happening with 3rd party games, eg: ETS2, Asseto corsa and especially Project cars 2 since Oculus 1.22 and 1.23 using Dash or classic Home screen. Cheers Guru.
  • Ronegrim-Ronegrim- Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Hi ApollyonVR, i want to help you test your Beta. If you want. My English is not the best because im German but i think it is good enough. I Test it for you and tell you if i found any Bugs or Errors. Thx for your Work on TrayTools. 
  • Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2018
    I tried your newest Beta you sent me but once I try to launch it after install I get in the bottom right hand of desktop "starting up please wait" and the mouse curser is just spinning, I tried several installs and reboots but not helping. It never opens properly. Even though the curser is still spinning I can click on logs and it says "Exception on Startup: The type initializer for "OculusTrayTool.OTTDB" threw an exception 
  • gotBurnergotBurner Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Hi ApollyonVR, I'm noticing a popup thats says "WriteConfig: Root element is missing." when I try to change some settings in OTT. Any suggestions?
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    I had the manifest error this morning and deleted the ApollyonVR folder and restarted. 
    Now a bunch of my game profiles are gone and when I try to add them back, nothing happens?
    Any idea on how to fix this as I really need a few titles with their specific profile settings.

Cheers.
  • SharkkuSharkku Posts: 575
    Art3mis
    The "start minimized" function doesn't work. Version 0.82.1. It starts opened even if the "start minimized" checkbox is checked under Tray Tool options.
    DK1 - previously owned
    DK2 - 2014-08-26 RECEIVED (ordered 2014-04-24)
    CV1 - 2016-05-25 RECEIVED (ordered on release day)
    Touch - 2016-12-07 RECEIVED (pre-order with CV1)
  • RealArgoRealArgo Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Right now i cannot add / remove / modify third party games, and therefore cannot change profiles / turn off ASW for steam games anymore. Sad! :(
  • yansagyansag Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    RealArgo said:
    Right now i cannot add / remove / modify third party games, and therefore cannot change profiles / turn off ASW for steam games anymore. Sad! :(
    i have the same issue....i can't add games to my profile list...i click browse...find the EXE and then nothing happen...it does not add to the list...HELP!! i really need to get this to work...
  • residentweevilresidentweevil Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    This is a little workaround for anyone wanting to use settings for a steam game that's not appearing in the library at the moment - it's a bit messy but will do the job:-

- Add the game to your profile library by browsing for and adding the .exe
    - Nothing will be added on the Profiles screen but the log should say it's created or updated an entry for that game
    - The config.xml file in the OTT folder (most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus Tray Tool) will now have a section for the game that you added, and you can go and tweak the values to suit if you open it in notepad or similar (I had to change file permissions to be able to save changes, so watch out for that).

NerveGear
    This is a little workaround for anyone wanting to use settings for a steam game that's not appearing in the library at the moment - it's a bit messy but will do the job:-

- Add the game to your profile library by browsing for and adding the .exe
    - Nothing will be added on the Profiles screen but the log should say it's created or updated an entry for that game
    - The config.xml file in the OTT folder (most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus Tray Tool) will now have a section for the game that you added, and you can go and tweak the values to suit if you open it in notepad or similar (I had to change file permissions to be able to save changes, so watch out for that).

alright will try to do it that way, thanks for posting that!
    NerveGear
    edited February 2018
    Turns out all you have to do is add the game to your list...IT WILL NOT SHOW ITS ADDED...now close the tray tool completely and re-open it and the games you've ''added'' will now show up in your list.
    Trinity
    I currently have a few testers that are all having similar issues which i need to fix. There is no point at this time to send it to more ppl until i've fixed those issues. Sorry for the delay on this version but there are a lot of changes to try and sort out.

Cheers!
  • Ronegrim-Ronegrim- Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Keep up the good work ApollyonVR. Thx for your great Work.
  • teerohrteerohr Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thank you for your great addition to the community. I am super happy to have your tool at my disposal, as it is easily the best addition to the oculus experience.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,605 Valuable Player
    I could not help but notice this thread got unpinned, would be nice to see it pinned once again...
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    Art3mis
    Yeah, what`s happened to the Appolyonvr thread. Hard to comment on testing 0.83 beta. 
    Trinity
    Beta is progressing nicely, things are getting sorted and there are just a few more tweaks to get it just right. Note that the feature to re-enable removed third-party apps in Home might not work in the current version. Need to test it a bit more but i am looking at that and should have it fixed for next release.

Cheers!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,028 Valuable Player
    dburne said:
    I could not help but notice this thread got unpinned, would be nice to see it pinned once again...
    Agreed.
    NerveGear
    edited February 2018
    Hey dev, if I have the global Super Sampling set to 2.0 but then for a single game set its SS profile to 1.5, which SS setting holds authority when the game launches?
  • Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2018
    Global will be always unless a profile is set to anything else, then the profile will take over, make sure you check mark "audio confirmation". It's just puts your mind as ease knowing for sure it's working

Edit: Please also know that OTT global/profile settings will also take over even if the game has it's own SS settings in-game too
  • TheInvisTheInvis Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Will the new update fix the ability to edit the Library? Such as the names of games and icons?
    Trinity
    Yes. In the Library you can edit the game files directly which, if done correctly, should also affect how it is displayed in Home after the Oculus service is restarted. And you can change the icons as well.