Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 32 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,978 Valuable Player
    Any chance of an in-app update instead of having to redownload and such?
  • BojamijamsBojamijams Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Loaded the new version and reset everything to default, but it is not letting me change global ASW mode, edit/enable voice commands or pick anything from the visual HUD combo box.  Previous version worked just fine.  Any ideas?
  • grekbgrekb Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    @grekb Try resetting the settings to Default if things don't look better after a reboot. You reset the settings by doing one of the below actions.
    Cheers!
    Alright i did that and everything seems to look fine now. I can see the library with all the experiences and no errors at OTT start.  Buuuuuuut... im getting some errors when i try to run the experiences from library or profiles. I says some japanese about Microsoft .NET framework:
    "************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at OculusTrayTool.Profiles.LaunchApp()
       at OculusTrayTool.Profiles.LaunchAppToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    and then nothing(only oculus launcher starts)... :/
    Any ideas?
    (still, i managed to run some games in higher multisampling that i couldnt before, but i had to run them from Oculus launcher)
  • BojamijamsBojamijams Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Loaded the new version and reset everything to default, but it is not letting me change global ASW mode, edit/enable voice commands or pick anything from the visual HUD combo box.  Previous version worked just fine.  Any ideas?

UPDATE: Restarting the computer seems to have fixed these issues, I can now change these values
  • Pr1smoPr1smo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Stevie777 said:
    I get an error on start up:
    28-2-2018 12:57:58 Failed to read database entry for appId 'E_ProgramFiles(x86)_Steam_steamapps_common_Guns'n'StoriesPrefaceVR_OMT_Binaries_Win64_OMT-Win64-Shipping': SQL logic error or missing database
    near "n": syntax error

I deleted the game afterwards but that didn't help.
    Just navigate to C:\Program Files\Oculus\CoreData\Manifests (whatever drive/path you installed Oculus to)

Then delete both - E_ProgramFiles(x86)_Steam_steamapps_common_Guns'n'StoriesPrefaceVR_OMT_Binaries_Win64_OMT-Win64-Shipping.json
    and
    E_ProgramFiles(x86)_Steam_steamapps_common_Guns'n'StoriesPrefaceVR_OMT_Binaries_Win64_OMT-Win64-Shipping.json.mini

Then restart OTT.
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 366
    Trinity
    The problem lies in the ' charactes in the filename i think, will see if i can reproduce this issue.
  • residentweevilresidentweevil Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    I get similar error which also has ' in the filename:

Failed to read database entry for appId 'D_SteamLibrary_steamapps_common_Richie'sPlankExperience_RichiesPlankExperience': SQL logic error or missing database near "sPlankExperience_RichiesPlankExperience_LocalAppState": syntax error
    Trinity
    The issue with ' in apps names has been found and a test build sent out. If it works as expected it will be in 0.83.1 released in a day or two. If anyone else has the same issue with apps with ' characters in the names, holler at me and i'll get you the update to test.

Cheers!
  • Stumpy2101Stumpy2101 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    All hail @ApollyonVR !
    4 days of helping me out to resolve an issue has reaped positive rewards and I cant express my appreciation enough!
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,399 Valuable Player
    Can someone help me out because I'm not sure if the Oculus Tray Tool works to disable ASW properly. Can you please read through the thread below because a guy in the thread seems to think there is a problem disabling ASW. I know the thread talks about Nvidia drivers at first, but it changes to the Oculus Try Tool when I ask a guy to use the Oculus Tray Tool. I'm just trying to find out if the guy is right and that ASW cannot be disabled? Cheers!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62547/latest-nvidia-drivers-to-be-avoided#latest
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I just upgraded to Win Creators 1709 as my trusty build 1607 is end of life and I want to make sure I have the latest security stuff.
    It seems that even with the OTT option to not need Oculus Home to be open AND changing the Oculus Home app to 'Administrator', the Oculus Home app insists on starting every time I use the Oculus.
    Is this something new, and is there any way around it? It's a waste of resources to have the Oculus Home app open when I really don't need anything except the runtime service.
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2018
    RedRizla said:
    Can someone help me out because I'm not sure if the Oculus Tray Tool works to disable ASW properly. Can you please read through the thread below because a guy in the thread seems to think there is a problem disabling ASW. I know the thread talks about Nvidia drivers at first, but it changes to the Oculus Try Tool when I ask a guy to use the Oculus Tray Tool. I'm just trying to find out if the guy is right and that ASW cannot be disabled? Cheers!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62547/latest-nvidia-drivers-to-be-avoided#latest
    Personally, I haven't found a good reason to upgrade beyond 385.69 - this was a major update and fixed a lot of things.
    In addition it has been the best performing driver I've seen since 375.95 in terms of performance and lower temps.

The latest drivers claim a 7% increase in FPS in PUBG - absolute hogwash. 385.69 beats the pants of it.
    These 'Game Ready' drivers are nothing but marketing and creating a false sense of performance boosts in a market where gamers are chomping at the bit for the next driver, hoping that it will do something miraculous and their GTX1080 will go into some kind of Turbo-Nirvana mode.
    On my 1080FTW using 385.69 I have had a perfectly stable OC that will sit all day long at 2076Mhz/5544Mhz and never go above 63 degrees celsius . I have ran it through every stress test available and it has been rock solid since September 2017.
    Unigine Valley Score of 5013, 3D mark combined score of 19347 (not record breaking, but very solid scores)

If it ain't broke.......

Trinity
    @RedRizla Sent you a PM but might as well write it here. The guy is correct in that permanently disabling ASW is not possible at this time. He then talks about it being reset when you start he service, which is also true. ASW can be changed just fine using whatever method you choose, but if you restart the service it's back to default. It has always been like this as far as i know. The registry setting way back in the day simply allowed you to use the numeric keyboard to toggle it. Once the service was restart (like on Windows boot or whatever) it was back to default. I urge ppl to read up on how ASW works and what it does, it's actually a very cool piece of tech. You can change ASW in the middle of a session, using for example OTT, to find the best setting for a particular game. Some might benefit from ASW on auto, some from having it off. It all depends on the hardware you are running, the drivers you are using, the title you are playing and so on. Many factors are at play and no single solution will work for everyone. PC gaming at it's best =)

Cheers!
  • BoneboysBoneboys Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi there ApollyonVR !
    I have noticed that in Power Plan Start / Exit settings I have the option between High Performance (performances élevées in French) and Samsung High performance !
    Is there a difference between the two choices and if so which setting should be used ?
    I have two Samsung SSD drives : C: where W10 OS & Oculus services are installed and F: where most (if not all) VR games are installed.
    E: is a standard HDD for bits and pieces, docs & shocks !

Please advise.
    GG...
    Get a Grasp, get a Grip, get Rifting.
    Trinity
    The powerplans are retrived from you computer, so i don’t really know what that samsung plan is. I would guess it was added as part of the driver package for your SSD. And as SSD’s are very different from regular HDD’s, there’s probably a reason to why samsung includes it. I would recommend you find some info on the perticular ssd you have, and you should find some info on what th diff is between the regular windows high perf plan and the samsung one. 
    Hope that helped a bit?

Cheers!
    Trinity
    @Globespy The "don't require oculus home" option is simply there to have OTT start the appwatcher immediately, instead of only when home is running, as in previous versions. This is so that ppl who have games/apps that don't necessarily need home running can still have ott detect game starts and apply profiles. So the option does not prevent home from launching.

Cheers!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,978 Valuable Player
    You can control what programs start up with windows by using msconfig. Just search for it in the start menu in windows or select RUN and type in msconfig. 

Or use CCleaner and use the startup options there. 
  • DexG.DDexterDexG.DDexter Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    pecocus said:
    Hi there...  

I'm getting an error in the log that I'm not sure if I should be worried about or not.  It says:  Exception in SetActivePowerPlan(): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
    Same here.Strange.

Same here for me ..any thoughts?
    The power plan setting on start is not working and the setting "set power plan on exit " also not .

Trinity
    edited March 2018
    @SYN_G.D @pecocus ; Could you guys PM me with the exact version of your Windows installation? e.g. Start -> type Settings -> System -> About and at the bottom you have Edition, Version and OS Build. If you could get that for me that would be great.

Cheers!
  • BlahdeBlahde Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Hey Apollyon.

Mate, you need anymore Beta Testing send me a link when you have a BETA upped. Happy to help.
    I don't use ASW anymore (Sure I will) as I got a deal on a 1080ti but it's no prob to help at all,  whatsoever.

This is a great effort mate and it's not unappreciated.

Thx man!

• pecocuspecocus Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    @SYN_G.D @pecocus ; Could you guys PM me with the exact version of your Windows installation? e.g. Start -> type Settings -> System -> About and at the bottom you have Edition, Version and OS Build. If you could get that for me that would be great.

Cheers!

Happy to do so if it's helpful, but my issue went away with the new version.  Not to throw shade at anyone reporting issues, but mine seems to be doing what it should.

Brain Burst
    Boneboys said:
    Hi there ApollyonVR !
    I have noticed that in Power Plan Start / Exit settings I have the option between High Performance (performances élevées in French) and Samsung High performance !
    Is there a difference between the two choices and if so which setting should be used ?
    I have two Samsung SSD drives : C: where W10 OS & Oculus services are installed and F: where most (if not all) VR games are installed.
    E: is a standard HDD for bits and pieces, docs & shocks !

Please advise.
    GG...

My understanding is that the Samsung High Performance plans adds a couple of settings that are specific to Samsung SSD's.  It's created when you install Samsung Magician.  What I've read says it gives a slight performance boost to your SSD at the cost of decreased longevity (due to more writes).  

Hope that helps.
  • BlahdeBlahde Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2018
    Hey mate.
    I just went with 'High Performance' For sure it did try to change to the Sammy thing, but I didn't want to 'age' my SSD's :-)

I'm all ready at 93% on my Windows SSD after two years..... At this rate she might be dead in 20 years or so!
    Brain Burst
    One thing I'm noticing, although it seems intermittent...  sometimes the audio fallback doesn't work and the Rift headset remains selected even though I've closed OTT.
  • SlochySlochy Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    pecocus said:
    One thing I'm noticing, although it seems intermittent...  sometimes the audio fallback doesn't work and the Rift headset remains selected even though I've closed OTT.
    I can confirm this.
  • glen.orpheusglen.orpheus Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    hope someone can help OTT not starting up, tried deleting suggested folder, program is set to run as admin was all working fine till today, i installed logitech webcam software for a c920 yesterday but i can't see that interfering with it.
    also when i went to delete OTT from windows , it read OTT unavailable but still allowed me to uninstall ?
    any light or help would be great

• mckay1717mckay1717 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    mhh after i updatet windows 10 and restart my computer, OTT doesnt start anymore, just the notify starting up please wait..

Last time i had this problem, i delete the Folder in Appdata, this time it doesnt help :(.. i uninstalled ist and installed the newest version and run as admin, same problem.. doesnt start just the notify "starting up, please wait"...

What can i do?
  • residentweevilresidentweevil Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    mckay1717 said:
    mhh after i updatet windows 10 and restart my computer, OTT doesnt start anymore, just the notify starting up please wait..

Last time i had this problem, i delete the Folder in Appdata, this time it doesnt help :(.. i uninstalled ist and installed the newest version and run as admin, same problem.. doesnt start just the notify "starting up, please wait"...

What can i do?

Read the other recent threads about people having issues with Oculus runtime errors. The Oculus services are currently not running properly until an issue with an expired security certificate is resolved, and so the tray tool can't start
    Trinity
    I'm a bit late to the party here but as @residentweevil said this issue is due to the problems Oculus is experiencing in general at the moment.
  • TheInvisTheInvis Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Also having the same issue as a couple people mentioned before. Audio Switcher does not work anymore when exiting out of Oculus, failing to revert back to my non-Rift audio devices.