New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• pecocuspecocus Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    TheInvis said:
    Also having the same issue as a couple people mentioned before. Audio Switcher does not work anymore when exiting out of Oculus, failing to revert back to my non-Rift audio devices.

Well, if nothing else, I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one.  I was waiting to find out I was doing something stupid to screw it up.  :)
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 378
    Trinity
    edited March 2018
    OTT back up and running after the Oculus update, at least on my machine. Let me know if you are still having issues. I've also sent out a new beta to track down the AudioSwitcher issue.
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2018
    OTT back up and running after the Oculus update, at least on my machine. Let me know if you are still having issues. I've also sent out a new beta to track down the AudioSwitcher issue.

• shitForBreakfastshitForBreakfast Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Should I uninstall the old version before updating to the latest?
  • UnicornsOnLSDUnicornsOnLSD Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Please can we have a Github? It would streamline releases and make people less weary.
  • glen.orpheusglen.orpheus Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    mckay1717 said:
    mhh after i updatet windows 10 and restart my computer, OTT doesnt start anymore, just the notify starting up please wait..

Last time i had this problem, i delete the Folder in Appdata, this time it doesnt help :(.. i uninstalled ist and installed the newest version and run as admin, same problem.. doesnt start just the notify "starting up, please wait"...

What can i do?
    having the same issue too, but i just fixed my issue.
    make sure you're rift is connected and oculus home is running, not sure if that is important but it worked when i had both then install the tray tool, i clicked off read me and launch software and ran it manually from the start bar.
    hope it solves you're issue I've been going nuts lol
  • ParthianShotParthianShot Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hopefully someone can help me. I searched through some of the pages and couldnt find an answer.

I started Oculus Tray Tool and under the Log Window it says "Exception on Startup: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

So my games library is saved to my E: drive and Oculus is on my C: drive. It seems like Oculus Tray Tool is having issues locating my Games Library since its on another drive. Is there somewhere that I can edit the path manually?
    Brain Burst
    Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but a question...  I just purchased a new computer and moved my Inatek card over to it....   so it has it's own USB 3 ports (not Fresco) and the Inatek card in it.  All of them seem to work and I was able to set up my Rift just fine.  However, in OTT, the Fresco registry tweeks and power options are not available to me.  Is that because I have additional ports that are not Fresco?  If so, should I be doing something manually to the registry/settings?   Thanks!!
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    pecocus said:
    Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but a question...  I just purchased a new computer and moved my Inatek card over to it....   so it has it's own USB 3 ports (not Fresco) and the Inatek card in it.  All of them seem to work and I was able to set up my Rift just fine.  However, in OTT, the Fresco registry tweeks and power options are not available to me.  Is that because I have additional ports that are not Fresco?  If so, should I be doing something manually to the registry/settings?   Thanks!!
    When you put the card in, did you install Fresco drivers or did you just let windows assign its own? 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Brain Burst
    pecocus said:
    When you put the card in, did you install Fresco drivers or did you just let windows assign its own? 

Just let Windows install it's own.  
  • whitav8whitav8 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2018
    I keep getting SQL error messages - and I don't like that I lost all my profiles from 80.1 version. Maybe when I installed in a custom location it got clobbered - I have tried using the Win 10 Control Panel to uninstall. I tried adding aces.exe to my profiles and got an error - so I include ott-copy.log. If there is a way to cleanly start all over, let me know.

Dave W.
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 378
    Trinity
    @whitav8 Changing installation path is a bit tricky, i will try and make some changes to that in later release. What you want to do at this time is

1) Rename the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ApollyonVR folder to ApollyonVR.old or similar
    2) Install 0.83.1 in the new path. If you already have it installed then go to the new path and rename the
        ott.db to ott.db.old.
    3) Go to the old installation path and find the config.xml or config.xml.OLD if that exists
    4) Copy it over to the new path, and make sure it is named config.xml
    5) Start the application and your settings and profiles should be migrated to the new SQLite database

Let me know how that works for you.

Cheers!
  • dreimer1986dreimer1986 Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    Now that SteamVR BEta added a auto SuperSampling I start to wonder... what happens if I set for example 1.4 as factor globally... does this affect SteamVR, too or only stuff running on OculusVR runtime?
  • the_soupdragonthe_soupdragon Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    I just cant get this program to minimise to the task bar.  I have put a checkmark in the start minimised button but it still starts on the scraan and not in the task bar.
    Any pointers?
  • whitav8whitav8 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    @ApollyonVR,
          All seems fine now - thanks!
    Dave W.
    Brain Burst
    @ApollyonVR ;
    New version seems really solid!  Thanks!  Audio switcher seems to consistently work.  I am seeing something a little odd...  I've got the Oculus service set on manual and I've configured OTT to start the service when I start the tool.  I noticed that I have two instances of "OculusHome2" running while the tool and Oculus Home is running and when I shut down the tool, it only kills one instance of "OculusHome2" while the other stays running.  Is this normal?
  • XKIRKLAZARUSXKIRKLAZARUS Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Where can i dl the last version of OTT please ? 
  • the_soupdragonthe_soupdragon Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Where can i dl the last version of OTT please ? 
    http://bit.ly/2Imetlm

SD
  • Hi-FlyerHi-Flyer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Mcafee doesn't like OculusTrayTool_0.83.1Exe. Instant Quarantine.

• NetheriNetheri Posts: 247
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2018
    Hi-Flyer said:

Put the exe in exclusions in Mcafee (in real time scanning options).

Bugs i've suffered with 0.8 versions: Power management is working now and then, audio fallback works now and then, Oculushome2 service isn't killed when OTT is running (i have only option start oculus service on and i've set the Oculus executable to admin to prevent it loading Home2 when using SteamVR). Also the apps listing works funny sometimes and it adds software to the list like svchost and other system processes.Edit: Oculus to tray at start doesn't work at all. New feature "Don't require Oculus Home to be running" is great!
    [email protected], ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
    Brain Burst
    Netheri said:
    Hi-Flyer said:

Put the exe in exclusions in Mcafee (in real time scanning options).

Bugs i've suffered with 0.8 versions: Power management is working now and then, audio fallback works now and then, Oculushome2 service isn't killed when OTT is running (i have only option start oculus service on and i've set the Oculus executable to admin to prevent it loading Home2 when using SteamVR). Also the apps listing works funny sometimes and it adds software to the list like svchost and other system processes.Edit: Oculus to tray at start doesn't work at all. New feature "Don't require Oculus Home to be running" is great!

Interesting list of bugs...  in my own experience (with the latest version), I agree with the power management issue, audio fallback works for me about 90% of the time, I too end up with the Oculushome2 service running even after closing Oculus and OTT, I've had a few Windows apps show up on the apps listing (Windows Store was the last one).  Oculus to tray at start works 100% of the time for me.
  • FolkSongFolkSong Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Has anyone seen a problem where the launch icon for a Steam game shows up in Oculus Home (in VR) but not in the desktop app? It shows up in the OTT Library window as well.

I'm not sure if this is related to OTT, but I did use it to install custom icons for the game in question. I'd really like to get it to show in the desktop app (I'm pretty sure it used to show there). The game is Redout.

• AndregeeAndregee Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I have problems with the audio fallback with the latest version 0.83.1. With 0.83 it works sometimes, with 0.83.1 never. 
  • xXTimmenatorXxxXTimmenatorXx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have a problem with the profiles, they do apply but the supersampling won´t be set to the value I selected. Especially in Steam VR this is a huge problem because Steam VR itself and games running with it become super laggy with oculus tray tool supersampling settings. Can anyone confirm these issues?
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,113
    Wintermute
    edited March 2018
    I have a problem with the profiles, they do apply but the supersampling won´t be set to the value I selected. Especially in Steam VR this is a huge problem because Steam VR itself and games running with it become super laggy with oculus tray tool supersampling settings. Can anyone confirm these issues?
    Could it be you also have in SteamVR a supersampling settings other than default? As I remember, if you have one in OTT and one in SteamVR they add or multiply and in both cases that's not good...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• xXTimmenatorXxxXTimmenatorXx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    YoLolo69 said:
    Could it be you also have in SteamVR a supersampling settings other than default? As I remember, if you have one in OTT and one in SteamVR they add or multiply and in both cases that's not good...
    Thank you for your quick answer. No, I don´t have any supersampling settings in steam vr. I even set it to 0.6 but it was still laggy. I´ve set the global supersampling in OTT to 1.4 and added profiles for all steam vr games with supersampling at 0 but the overlay still shows a supersampling of 1.4. It seems like the supersampling settings of the different profiles are simply not applied and that any supersampling setting of OTT ends in lagging in steam vr games.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,763 Valuable Player
    Anyone ever play around with the OVR Server Priority and the CPU Priority in the Tray Tool?
    The OVR Server Priority is in the global settings, and the CPU Priority is in the Profiles tab.
    I set my OVR Server Priority to Above Normal just to try it out - may be strictly a placebo effect I am seeing, but I tested it with one of my combat flight sims - IL-2, and I "may" have gotten a little better performance.

Have not tried increasing the CPU priority yet.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,113
    Wintermute
    edited March 2018
    @dburne From the IL-2 forum I saw several posts saying raising CPU priority for IL-2 with OTT lead to lost fps. I tried but didn't noticed anything different. Same for the OVR Server (it still above high right now for me though).

@xXTimmenatorXx OTT work fine applying SS to SteamVR games as this is what I use for E.g. IL-2. Settings to "0" should mean "dont touch it" so better to set your game profile to 1.0 if your global settings is 1.4.

The only problem I have with OTT currently is the fact it apply profile when it want, and I just read the same problem for one other person at least in IL-2 forum. Sometimes yes, and often no, even if I change the method (WMI or Timer). I have to restart the game several times before hearing the audio confirmation and seeing the result (I'm really sensitive if the game/app don't run at SS 1.5, my eyes accommodate perfectly to this value).

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,763 Valuable Player
    YoLolo69 said:
    @dburne From the IL-2 forum I saw several posts saying raising CPU priority for IL-2 with OTT lead to lost fps. I tried but didn't noticed anything different. Same for the OVR Server (it still above high right now for me though).

Ok thanks, will probably leave my OVR Server at Above Normal as well.
    Will leave CPU Priority alone.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 247
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2018
    @ApollyonVR
    I have suggestion for how OTT handles the Rifts mic: Could the mic get disabled totally, when Home is shut down? now the Rift mic is receiving all the time even when audio fall back is on other mic. EDIT: OTT prevents shutdown (or reboot), it won't shut down).
    [email protected], ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!