New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 281
    Nexus 6
    Dude, wow, i'm truly honored! I will in the next few days release a new version with ASW options as well as configurable voice commands to control HUD overlays, ASW and pixel density.
  • AdKiuCMAdKiuCM Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    I would love to see this kind of adjustments built into Oculus Home after clicking OK on some disclaimers and you dear sir should apply to Oculus for a job. 
    Digression: Hope to for a "tick box" to remove "your computer doesn't ......... spec BS" as well in the future.

• dburnedburne Posts: 1,589
    Project 2501
    Hey question on the sensor disconnects. I started running this tool earlier today, and it appears it may have solved my sensor disconnect issues I was having with my Rift plugged into an Innatek PCIe 3.0 card. Probably need more time to tell for sure but looking good so far.
    Currently I have the tool set to run at startup, does it need to run each time just for this or is this setting for power management on the card a set one time and forget it deal with no need to run the tool each time?

Thanks so much for the tool, if this does indeed solve the issue for me as it appears it may I will be one very happy camper!
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
  • JesseDeyaJesseDeya Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist
    Dude, wow, i'm truly honored! I will in the next few days release a new version with ASW options as well as configurable voice commands to control HUD overlays, ASW and pixel density.
    Your work is a game changer for me, the voice commands are AMAZING!  

Being able to toggle ASW and the Performance overlay without touching a thing has made fine tuning games so much easier!

If you can crack pixel density for Steam games it'll be the single best tool I've used in a long time. 
  • CavediverCavediver Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    I absolutely love this application.  The difference is shocking to me in terms of the video quality (due to the ability to easily supersample).  Thank you!
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    I'll be downloading this for sure 
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
    Nexus 6
    @dburne ; If you are using the Inateck card, then yes, you either need this tool or something like it (or do it manually) that disables power management on the card on every boot. Seems the fresco drivers keep enabling this on every boot.

@JesseDeya Thanks, next update will have some improvements to the voice commands as well. Regarding Steam, i actually do not have many steam VR apps to test with. Only tested The ab which didn't work. But i read about someone running the tool and had it working in steam. So if you haven't tested yourself then just go ahead and test it, i believe the steam game folder is located at ..\Steam\steamapps\common, so this is where you want to browse for game exes.

@Cavediver @e_m_d88 Thank you guys! =)

Nexus 6
    @AdKiuCM Looking into your suggestion regarding the 'you computer doesn't meet'... nag screen. Might be in the 0.65 release coming up in a few days. =)
  • MugendonMugendon Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    IMO every game that can be supersampled with the Oculus Debug Tool should be able to be supersampled with this tool, regardless if it is on Home or Steam. At least if ApollyonVR is using the same API as the Debug Tool, which I guess.
    Project 2501
    @dburne ; If you are using the Inateck card, then yes, you either need this tool or something like it (or do it manually) that disables power management on the card on every boot. Seems the fresco drivers keep enabling this on every boot.

Gotcha, I will certainly keep it running then. I had been trying doing it manually but for some reason I still would get the sensor disconnects, however with this tool so far I have not had one ( keeping fingers crossed).

Many thanks for this!

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
    Nexus 6
    Main page updated with a new version, let me know how it works for you.

Cheers!
    Project 2501
    :)

Been running over a day now without a single sensor disconnect , I am so happy!
    Thanks for the new version, I grabbed it as well!
    Don

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,570 Valuable Player
    So when does auto uodates start rollong out?
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • SlochySlochy Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Audio fallback seems to have stopped working since 0.64.2, I think. It's switching to the Rift just fine on opening Oculus Home, but it's not doing anything on quit. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for your dedication, ApollyonVR! <3
    Project 2501
    edited February 2017
    Hey ApollyonVR question for you, I get the following message when I click on the show info icon along the bottom of the Tray Tool:
    "Could not find Oculus path C:\Program Files\Software\Software
    Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Root Hub has power management enabled.
    Rift Sensor has power management enabled."

All seems to be working fine though?

Don

• ngyeahngyeah Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I can see this Oculus tool applies SS to SteamVR (sya SS = 1.5 and ASW = ON), but what happens if you set SS 1.5 in SteamVR and AsyncReprojection on for a Vive game?
  • NizZ8NizZ8 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR did you by chance post this project on github somewhere?  Thanks again for the sweet toolset!
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2017

thanks for the great idea,
    I'm having issues with several things.

The audio/mic options are a great idea, but would be great to see options to choose other devices for just audio or mic. Currently it forces backup choices for both if the option is selected and I only have the rift as my mic, no backup option exists, yet the app will not allow me to select my headphones without a backup mic.
    Many of us don't use the Oculus headphones, so it would be nice to be able to choose JUST audio for non-Oculus headphones.

I can't get voice control to work at all, no matter how loud I yell.
    My default mic is my rift and it works perfectly for chat, voice search in google etc.
    But not for your app? Confused.

Appreciate some help

Cheers

Nexus 6
    Slochy PM me the ott.log and i'll have a look at it.
    @Globespy Ok, will have a a look at making those two option not depend on each other, or perhaps even not mandatory at all? Probably something i should have left up to the user instead of forcing it. Regarding voice control not working, PM me the ott.log and i'll take a look at it.
    @dburne Does the path it complains about exist? If not, then i made a foolish mistake in some assumptions and i'll fix it. I'll PM you.The message about Fresco Logic and sensors are just warnings. If you check the box "Disable Fresco Power Management on start" the warning should go away. If you manually disable power management on the sensors in device manager that warning should go away too.

Project 2501
    edited February 2017
    @dburne Does the path it complains about exist? If not, then i made a foolish mistake in some assumptions and i'll fix it. I'll PM you.The message about Fresco Logic and sensors are just warnings. If you check the box "Disable Fresco Power Management on start" the warning should go away. If you manually disable power management on the sensors in device manager that warning should go away too.

1: No, that path does not exist... It does not seem to be affecting anything anyway so I guess no big deal.

2: Not sure I understand - yes I checked in device manager and the power management tabs have a check mark in them, which looks like they are enabled. However your tool is set to run at start and apparently it is disabling it anyway because it has cured my issue so far... have not had a disconnect since. If I remove the checkmarks will that somehow negate the tool's setting? Also won't they return on a reboot or after turning on from being shut down?
    Don

• JesseDeyaJesseDeya Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist
    @ApollyonVR
    Love the additions to 0.65 but voice commands no longer work for me.

They work great in 0.64.2, and going back to that they work every time no problems (I have a well trained Win 10 voice recog pack as I use Voice Attack with Elite).

Anyway, I can't get 0.65 to respond to anything, nothing, nada. I tried the start listening command, I tried changing it to something else, I used Voice Attack to make sure Windows was correctly understanding my words but for some reason 0.65 doesn't work.

I have tried running both in administrator mode and without, no diff. For me, 0.64.2 works fine when I don't tick admin mode anyway, it makes no difference.

I'm happy to use 0.64.2 for now, but would love to get voice working with 0.65 if possible. Let me know if I can help you bug hunt. Cheers.
    Nexus 6
    dburne ok, great, then don't worry about any warning messages. =)
    @JesseDeya yea, i must have messed something up. If you can PM me your config.xml (you might need to rename that to .txt to attach it) as well as the ott.log i can check and see.
  • kgian76kgian76 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    Great software. I am in non english windows though and I will be waiting for an update for the voice commands to work. 
  • HornyyyHornHornyyyHorn Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    Thank you!!! 
  • KlaathuKlaathu Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    keep going Apollyon...your tool really makes a difference...you should be awarded by Oculus :)
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    I have downloaded and it's a great little tool.   Keep up the great work!!! 
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • ChoronzonChoronzon Posts: 339
    Nexus 6
    SS 2.0 working superbly on my ROG laptop.

Just one thing: what is 'high quality: off' displayed in HUD overlay?

Nexus 6
    You should mostly see that only in Home i think. When in a game it should change to On. I think that is up to developers to set, not sure though. 
  • agenttoffagenttoff Posts: 325
    Trinity
    @ApollyonVR, I have a UI suggestion.  I think it would make more sense to put the "Oculus Tray Tool" options (Start with Windows, Minimized, etc) on the expanded screen, where the Status and Start, Stop, Restart buttons are, and move the Status and Start, Stop, Restart buttons to where the Tool Tray options are on the first screen.  It would eliminate the need to expand the UI every time to start and stop the service.