New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    I really like your app @ApollyonVR keep up the great work. 
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 275
    Nexus 6
    @agenttoff I have added Start/Stop/Restart to the system tray icon right-click menu, hope that makes it a bit easier to use. Also experimented with movable controls in the UI but it felt overkill somehow... =)
    @e_m_d88 Thank you very much! =)

New release will be up in a few days with all the fixes plus something extra. =)
  • agenttoffagenttoff Posts: 325
    Trinity
    Nice, that's even better!  Thanks ;)
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,500
    Project 2501
    edited February 2017
    Dumb question on my part, why would one choose to start/stop Oculus service through the tray tool? Is that the same as just closing Home and launching Home?

Thanks again so much for this tool, never had a sensor disconnect again since installing and running at startup. Also added Touch controllers today, so nice to know I don't have to worry about that any longer using my Innatek USB 3 card.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • StellaArtoisStellaArtois Posts: 64
    Hiro Protagonist
    Fantastic little app ApollyonVR! Many thanks.

Just a quick request. How easy would it be to save in the config whether or not you have the additional GUI panels open, and then open it up the next time in the same state?
  • foresterrforesterr Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    dburne said:
    why would one choose to start/stop Oculus service through the tray tool? Is that the same as just closing Home and launching Home?
    No, it's a more complete restart than just closing and launching Home. You can do the same from Home by going to the "Beta" tab in settings, but it's a bit more buried than just close/reopen.
    Nexus 6
    @StellaArtois If you mean that you want the windows/panels to remember their location, it will be in the next release. That is already true for the main window, just forgot to add the same for all others. =)
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    Why hasn't this thread been made a sticky??? This is a great tool.   And making this a sticky would be a great service for users IMO. 
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,500
    Project 2501
    edited February 2017
    e_m_d88 said:
    Why hasn't this thread been made a sticky??? This is a great tool.   And making this a sticky would be a great service for users IMO. 
    It definitely should be!

One thing it really helps with. Oculus recommends the Innatek PCIe USB 3.0 PCIe card, when the onboard does not pass the system check for Oculus compatibility. Now that was my case, so first things I did was get and install the card when I got the Rift. However, one issue with that card, is the power management feature. Dang thing re-enables it upon every boot. After first getting my Rift, I was pulling my hair out with sensor disconnects. I was so frustrated with my new Rift. Then I saw this thread - installed the app, and presto - never had a single disconnect again!

This would be very helpful for new users especially that do the same as I did.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
    Hiro Protagonist

Just a quick request. How easy would it be to save in the config whether or not you have the additional GUI panels open, and then open it up the next time in the same state?
    Hiro Protagonist

• JesseDeyaJesseDeya Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist

The latest version in testing does that, at least for the right hand panel. It also remembers position on desktop.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Holy duplicate posts Batman!

Ok, yes - that's what I meant. The additional side panel (opened by the 'More >>' button) and the info panel opened by the yellow icon. If you have both those open, close the app, then open the app again, the panels are opened automatically. That's what I meant.
    Nexus 6
    Yes, it's in there =)
  • stangvertstangvert Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Thank you for your hard work on this app.  I was wondering if there was a way to add something in your app to run the rift offline?
  • ngyeahngyeah Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Should the ASW setting be saving? Mine keeps defaulting to Auto and doesn't seem to write OFF to the config file? Great work BTW!
    Nexus 6
    If you means the Asw dropdown on the main window, it is not saved. It's for changing during runtime so to speak. Use profiles to have a specific asw setting for your games. 
    Trinity
    @ApollyonVR  Any chance of adding a few seconds of delay to the startup of Home when it automatically launches?  It often launches too quickly after the service starts, which causes it to quit.  
    Nexus 6
    There is already a 2 second delay in there, but perhaps i need to make that configurable. What about increasing it to default 3 seconds and also add it as a setting in the config.xml that you change manually if needed?
    Trinity
    Yeah, I think that would be great, thanks!
  • foresterrforesterr Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    Found a bug, I think - if you create a profile for a game with underscores in executable name, the underscores are replaced with spaces and the game never gets detected when launching. Adding the underscores back in config.xml fixes it.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,565 Valuable Player
    Fir sime reason your tool never works for me dude. Amy way i can grab logs or anything to help you?
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
    Nexus 6
    @foresterr ah, good find. Will fix it. 
    @elboffor PM me with the ott.log file and also explain a bit more what it is that's not working and i'll help you out. 
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,565 Valuable Player
    Roger
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • korgen63korgen63 Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist
    Great job again ^^

Btw, @cybereality you should stick this thread. It concerns more people than Elite Dangerous or printable sensor mounts ;)
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    Amazing tool!!  Thank you.  Does this also set SS for games played on the Rift vis on steam vr?
    Nexus 6
    @xeno3d thanks mate! Yes it should. Might be some exceptions like The Lab that applies overrides of its own. But try it and see. Use the pixel density overlay to check what you get.

Cheers!
    Brain Burst
    Thank you.  Is it a safe bet then to not use any steam vr specific SS tools and just leave it at its 1.0 default and let the oculus tray tool or in game settings take over?
    Nexus 6
    Well, i guess that depends on the game and how it implements SS. So the best way would be to experiment to find what option (OTT, in-game and so on) works best for a given game/application. Note that the "Super Sampling on startup" value or a profile value will override any value set in-game. So if you want to make sure that the value you set in-game, in for example Robo Recall, is the one used you need to either

a) Set "Super Sampling on startup" to 0.
    - or -
    b) Create a profile for the game and set Super Sampling to 0. This allows you to have SS on startup to whatever you want, but allows for the games built-in SS be used. The SS on startup value will apply to any game/applicatition that does not have a profile. And as mentioned above, will override any in-game setting, same as with a profile that has SS > 0.

Hope that clears things up =)

Cheers!
    Brain Burst
    Thank you!