Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 50 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 122
    Art3mis
    OTT 86.1 wont load up since win 10 1903 update.
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 356
    Trinity
    @Rosgillies I haven't received that update yet myself so it's a bit hard to test at the moment. Would yo mind getting me the ott.log? Do a restart in debug mode first, and then send the log to me and i'll have a look.

Cheers!
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 122
    Art3mis
    I`m afraid I`ve rolled back to 1809 for the moment as oculus app wont load along with a few other issues. Typical microsoft update shortcomings. Thanks for offering to help. You are a real star..
  • mwerlemwerle Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    So I've had this issue recently that my Ctrl-Left/Right keys (word left/right) weren't working anymore. After a LOT of digging I discovered that it was OTT hooking into those (and more) keys. I probably turned the option on while trying to get the best performance out of Elite and forgot about it.

So having the capability to change ASW etc on the fly is great, but could we please get an option to modify the keys it hooks into?
    Trinity
    @mwerle Yea, i should just have done that from the start. Will put some effort in getting hotkeys configurable in the next release, thanks for the input!

Cheers!
    Trinity
    @mwerle I've sent you an updated build that has configuration options for the hotkeys. Let me know how it looks/works.

Cheers!
  • micheal3micheal3 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited June 9
    Since the update to 0.86.1, the audio switcher is no longer switching back to my default speakers when exiting Oculus Home. It switches to the Rift headphones when starting Home, but doesn't switch back when exiting. Worked fine on previous release. In fact, just tested with 0.86 and it's working.
    Trinity
    @micheal3 Hmm.. I didn't change anything in the code for that between those versions. Would you mind doing a startup in debug mode and replicate teh issue, then send me the ott.log? It's probably something in the settings file, so if you try and clear the audioswithcer settings and set them up again, does it work again?
    NerveGear
    @micheal3 Hmm.. I didn't change anything in the code for that between those versions. Would you mind doing a startup in debug mode and replicate teh issue, then send me the ott.log? It's probably something in the settings file, so if you try and clear the audioswithcer settings and set them up again, does it work again?
    I reset the settings to default and still have the problem. I've attached the log.
    ott.log 27.3K
    NerveGear
    edited June 9
    Ok. If I use the setting "Close Oculus Home on Tool Exit" & "Launch Oculus Home on Tool Start", the audio switcher works as should. I start OTT, it starts Home, and audio switches to Rift headphones. I exit OTT, Home closes, audio switches to default speakers.

However, if I use just the setting "Launch Oculus Home on Tool Start",  I start OTT, it starts Home, and audio switches to Rift headphones. I close Home, it does not switch back to default speakers. Even if I then exit OTT, the audio does not switch.
    Trinity
    @micheal3 Thanks for the additional info, will take a look though the code tonight.

Cheers!
  • Cosmo5Cosmo5 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Wow, its a must have ! Works with rift s. Good job ApollyonVR.
  • JesseDeyaJesseDeya Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi @ApollyonVR :) Long time (I helped test OTT back in the day)!

I've just set my Rift up again after a year off, new Windows install, and I'm having problems with two things:

Steam Library import. I may have made a mistake and manually imported with OTT before I tried running the games in Steam - oops. I ended up with some games that just didn't work  (IL2, Elite Dangerous - the links were wrong and did nothing) so I removed them from the Oculus library. Now I can't seem to get them back. OTT seems them in the import steam library list - but I can't seem to get it to re-import them.

So question 1)  What is the best way to repair my Oculus library and include all my Steam VR games?

I'm also having no joy with voice commands. I have a fully trained speech recog library, and voice attack works with >90% confidence, but I can't get OTT to recognise a thing. Additionally, the hotkeys for ASW/Hud don't work (or I'm doing it wrong. I am not using the Rift mic - does that matter?

Question 2) How do I get voice recog to work in OTT, and/or the hotkeys?

Thanks again, you've made amazing improvements to OTT over the past year or so!
    Trinity
    @JesseDeya Yo! Long time to chat! =)
    For the library, you should try importing the game via Oculus Home. So start Oculsu Home, go to the LIbrary, and in the upper right corner there's a plus sign. Click that, and in the dialog that open there's a link below, "App not listed? Add it here"
    clicing the "Add it here" link will open a file browser dialog where you can brose for the launch file of the game.
    I believe Elite uses a launcher, "EDLaunch.exe", while the actual game is started by "ORID.exe". So you want to select "EDLaunch" when you browse for the game in Home. In OTT you might want to use ORID.exe as process to moitor as the launcher does not "stay up" so to speak, it just starts the game up then exists.Just ping me in a PM if that sounded confusing and we'll chat about that.

Next, voice commands will only work if you have English as display language in Windows. So if you are running with any other language, it won't work. So let me know how that is setup on your pc and we might be able to figure something out.
    Also, if you do have English as display language, play around with the confidence setting, the little slider at the bottom of the voice commands window. Try setting it really low or really high and check the Log tab while/after you speak some commands and see what it says.

The hotkeys are a work in progress, i have a new build out with hopefully a better implementation of that so i'll send you a link in a PM.

Cheers!
  • RahotepRahotep Posts: 51
    Brain Burst
    Is it save to use it with rift s and v1.38?
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,399 Valuable Player
    Rahotep said:
    Is it save to use it with rift s and v1.38?
    Yes I am using it just fine.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • mwerlemwerle Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I believe Elite uses a launcher, "EDLaunch.exe", while the actual game is started by "ORID.exe". 
    Just to elaborate on this, if Elite Dangerous is installed by Oculus, ORID.exe launches EDLaunch.exe which then launches the game. This rigmarole appears to be needed to have proper Dash support in ED (which, incidentally, works brilliantly; I pull various windows from EDDiscovery into ED as well as stream chat and pin them to various places in my cockpit.  Now all we need is a way to save that layout as a profile.. are you listening, Oculus?).

But the Steam version of ED does _not_ have ORID.exe, it just goes via EDlaunch.exe and then the game.

It would be great if we could get FDev to fix ED properly so that neither ORID nor EDLaunch are required for Steam/Oculus installed versions, but we've been petitioning them about this for a very long time so I doubt we'll see any fixes there.
  • Sigma8510Sigma8510 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    After Oculus software update to 1.38.1, Oculus Homeless option does not appear to be working in OTT.  Using version 86.1.  Anyone else seeing this?
  • 71st_Mastiff71st_Mastiff Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Sigma8510 said:
    After Oculus software update to 1.38.1, Oculus Homeless option does not appear to be working in OTT.  Using version 86.1.  Anyone else seeing this?
    working for me.
    " any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||
    NerveGear
    Sigma8510 said:
    working for me.
    Thank you!  I will try again and look at my settings.
    NerveGear
    Sigma8510 said:
    Sigma8510 said:
    working for me.
    Thank you!  I will try again and look at my settings.
    Got it to work by disabling then re-enabling Homeless.
    NerveGear
    Latest version (0.86.1.2) is taking a long time to start up.  May revert to the last version.

• fvdheide1963fvdheide1963 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Sigma8510 said:
    Latest version (0.86.1.2) is taking a long time to start up.  May revert to the last version.

Yeah, it keeps hanging on "Starting up. please wait....." .. when i kill the OculusDebugtoolCLI proces it says "ready" .. something is definitely wrong there .. going back to the previous version also
  • TomatenmannTomatenmann Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited July 1
    For 2 years I had almost no trouble with OTT. But since a few weeks I have multiple problems with SteamVR games. I am using 1.7 as global value and of course different values for each game profile. 

- So the supersampling value I set in OTT for individual SteamVR games is either not applied (they just use the global value) or even sometimes multiplied with this global value of 1.7. Of course I deactivated the automatic SS detection in SteamVR and set it to 100%. So far I‘ve tested Titanic VR, Jet Island, Skyrim VR and Hellblade.

- also in Hellblade it overwrites the ingame supersampling, no matter which value I set in OTT for it, even at 0. The ingame SS has no effect. This didn’t happen before. Before I’ve set 0 in OTT and could use the ingame SS. And as I mentioned above it does set the global value and not the value of the game profile, same goes for Jet Island and Titanic VR.

- Also in Skyrim VR every 5 seconds I get a a short framedrop if OTT is active. If I close OTT while the game is still running the framedrops disappear.

At the moment this makes OTT unusable for me with SteamVR games.
    Trinity
    @Sigma8510 @fvdheide1963 Could you get me some logs perhaps? If you can

1) Start OTT, kill OculusDebugtoolCLI.exe process if it looks like OTT i hanging on start and see if it starts up.
    2) Go to the Advanced tab and uncheck any options here ('Use Local DebugTool', 'Start AppWatcher on OTT start')
    3) Click "Restart in Debug Mode" and see if it starts up now.
    4) If it still hangs after restarting in debug mode/unchecking the options, once again kill the OculusDebugtoolCLI.exe
        process and after that get me the ott.log. Send that to me as a PM or via email.

@Tomat@Tomatenmann Did this start after you updated OTT or did it start after something else happened? SteamVR has had a few updates, did it appear after that? Or some other update? Need some more info here. Also, if you could do a start in debug mode, then start up a few games you've had issues with, like Skyrim and such, then after that get me the ott.log and i'll have a look.

Include something descriptive about your perticular issue in the message/email so i know what it is about.

Cheers!
    NerveGear
    Will try later tonight.
  • RazorssRazorss Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 2
    First of all, I would like to thank the dev very much for the OTT software; it has been awesome since I started using the last few weeks and its brilliant :) I have been more than happy with it; so thank you very much for all your hard work.

I have a few questions. I am now on OTT .86.1. Should the oculus runtime start when computer restarts without oculus home being open? I use OTT and have noticed since update when I restart the computer the headset is active; whereas prior I don't think it was. BUT, Oculus also just updated on beta so maybe its that is causing oculus to run on start up and I did not notice. Is there a way to use OTT to make Oculus not run on computer on start up or restart? IE only when I launch OTT?

Anyways, I am also getting the hanging issue as described above and killing ORT or debug fixes it. Thanks

PS - how do I generate a log ?
    Trinity
    @Razorss ; The Oculus service is normally set to Automatic start, so it will always start with the pc unless you set the service to Manual or Disabled. If you had done this previously, and then the Oculus software was updated, the service will most likely be back to automatic start. If you go to the Service & Startup tab in OTT there are some options to handle the Oculus service, so check those out.

The log is named ott.log and is located in the OTT installation path, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus Tray Tool" by default.
    It has basic logging by default, which gives you some info on what's happening so you can track what happnes when you start a game an such. But you can enable debug logging, which is more useful for me in sorting out issues, by going to the Advanced tab in OTT and clicking "Restart in debug mode". This will generate a fresh ott.log with debug enabled. So do that, then replicate whatever issue you have, in this case killing the debug tool, and after that grab the ott.log and send that to me in a private message or in an email.

Cheers!
    Trinity
    Working on a patch for the startup issue which seems to be caused by a removed feature from the debug tool.
    If you're on Oculus 1.39 you will probably experience this hang on startup. If so, please ping me and i'll get you
    the patch to test it out.

Cheers!
  • lenne0815lenne0815 Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    edited July 4
    Hey ApollyonVR, first of all thanks for your great work ! Would it be possible for you to add height adjustment into OTT ? Oculus removed it from the Rift S and now nearly all of my oculus native titles are not playable anymore :(