New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

1495051525355»

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,730 Valuable Player
    Netheri said:
    @ApollyonVR
    I'm curious. Would it be possible to improve clarity on CV1 with the Quests resolution override?

Why not just use 2.0 SS with your Rift cv1?  Does not get much clearer than this imho.

However, if you have a VERY strong gaming pc you might want to try 2.50 SS.  I'm using this now on a few Oculus Store apps like Google Earth VR, Toybox, and Nature Treks.  With SS = 2.5, asw = auto, priority = high, these apps look incredible!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 389
    Trinity
    @Netheri Unfortunately, those settings are not applicable to the Rift S as the Quest and Rift S use different technologies for rendering the image to the headset (i tested myself just to make sure and there is no difference on the S). But as these settings seems to improve image quality quite a lot, we will hopefully see something simillar show up for the S. Will be adding these options to OTT in either case as its fairly simple (just a few registry entries).

Cheers!
    Trinity
    Happy Holidays, and such! Got some new options in OTT regarding Quest Link, so anyone with a Quest and Link cable that wanna try these out, drop me a line and i'll send you the new build to try out.

Cheers!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,058 Valuable Player
    Happy Holidays, and such! Got some new options in OTT regarding Quest Link, so anyone with a Quest and Link cable that wanna try these out, drop me a line and i'll send you the new build to try out.

Cheers!
    Just got my new Oculus Link cable, send it on and will try to have a go with it in next few days.

Hey btw I have a question for ya - in Windows 10 I have been using Ultimate Performance rather than High Performance. I can select Ultimate Performance in OTT, however it always loads High Performance. I suspect it being a sort of hidden feature that might be why - can you have OTT properly choose that power plan if not too much effort required?

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Trinity
    @dburne I already took the liberty and sent it to you before posting here. :-)
    And yes, Oculus Home now sets High performance as powerplan when it starts, and i have included a feature in the new build for that. OTT will detect the change and reset powerplan to whatever is set in OTT. The feature is always on, if OTT is set to manage powerplans, no manual setting needed. 

Cheers!
    @dburne I already took the liberty and sent it to you before posting here. :-)
    And yes, Oculus Home now sets High performance as powerplan when it starts, and i have included a feature in the new build for that. OTT will detect the change and reset powerplan to whatever is set in OTT. The feature is always on, if OTT is set to manage powerplans, no manual setting needed. 

Cheers!
    Sounds great thanks!
    I should be able to get some decent time in with it over the next 2 days.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • Sofian75Sofian75 Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    @Sofian75 I would love to but i don't own a Quest so it might be a bit hard to do. What are teh options you are looking for?
    I think Oculus should have sent you one...
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 348
    Trinity
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Netheri said:
    @ApollyonVR
    I'm curious. Would it be possible to improve clarity on CV1 with the Quests resolution override?

Why not just use 2.0 SS with your Rift cv1?  Does not get much clearer than this imho.

However, if you have a VERY strong gaming pc you might want to try 2.50 SS.  I'm using this now on a few Oculus Store apps like Google Earth VR, Toybox, and Nature Treks.  With SS = 2.5, asw = auto, priority = high, these apps look incredible!

Hi there TomCgcmfc sorry for the delay in aswering, have been sick for a week (yeah, not the best Christmas weeks ever). Reason i asked about the res overdrive is because i've no 1st hand experience how much it makes the Quests resolution better but apparently much at the same time it taxes computer rig much less than SS on high settings? I use SS 1.6 to 1.8 although in Vader Immortal 2 there's one scripted part which makes the game total "still show" if the in-game settings are also on high. So despite having a quite good rig for VR (also), even with the CV1's lowish resolutions and with high SS multiplier there'll be problems now and then. :D

One thing i've been waiting would be the "visual optimizing" which would negate the different headsets lens curvature, screendoor effects etc as it seems that the actual _lens_ tech has been and still is aand apparently will be behind the other tech on every headset (good example of visual optimizing was the distortion on Quest passthrough few months back and basically the last updates fixed-foveated rendering). So i would imagine that the further image optimization for and because of headsets would be more cost effective for the manufacturers than to invent lenses with less and less distortions we all know are there, and for the consumers to have more clarity in shown image without ramping up every render multiply option. :D

[email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
  • NapsterATNapsterAT Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Feature suggest.

Hey first of all i love your tool its awesome.
    Audio Switcher feature request -> would be insanely awesome if i could decide to wich audio source it should switch on activation
    So that it can switch not only to rift audio on startup but to any audio source i like,(like you do it for the fallback audio) for example a bluetooth microphone and headset instead of the rift´s default audio.

Why would that be helpful because if someone uses a different mic or headphones it would be a nice addition to get it ready with one click.
    Or in my current case iam using an Virtual Audio cable to have a Noisegate because the mic is way to sensitive an picks up the tv that happens to be in the same room i play my VR games.
    Trinity
    @NapsterAT Awesome timing! I just today started making this exact change :-)
    Will take me a few days to get done but i’ll try and get you a build to test
    by next week. 

Cheers!
    Trinity
    Have any of us tried the VRSS and OTT set supersampling at the same time on a game which has the VRSS possibility in nvidia drivers? Do they work together or is the manually set SS needed anymore on VRSS supported games?
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
    Netheri said:
    Have any of us tried the VRSS and OTT set supersampling at the same time on a game which has the VRSS possibility in nvidia drivers? Do they work together or is the manually set SS needed anymore on VRSS supported games?

I would think they would work together regarding SS, as the VRSS settings suggest setting different SS rations based on resolution set.
    Don

Trinity
    dburne said:
    Netheri said:

I would think they would work together regarding SS, as the VRSS settings suggest setting different SS rations based on resolution set.
    Yeah, that would be _ideal_ and that's the reason i am wondering/asking, if we have actual experience of it yet.