New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

1525354555658»

Comments

• MrBluePlaydohMrBluePlaydoh Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    @MrBluePlaydoh Old issue that i haven't gotten around to fixing yet. Just uncheck 'Start with windows' and check it again, should solve the issue.

Cheers!
    Thank you will check that out.
  • MrBluePlaydohMrBluePlaydoh Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    It worked a treat, thank you.
  • OzMoose888OzMoose888 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Difference between Adaptive and Auto ASW?
  • shitForBreakfastshitForBreakfast Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    This might be a dumb question, but is there a difference between and 1.0 when settings a Default Super Sampling value?
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,602 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    deleted

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 415
    Trinity
    @shitForBreakfast Not a dumb question at all, and yes, there's a bit of a difference. 0 means that OTT will not touch/modify super sampling, while any other value, including 1.0, will be set as SS. I made it this way so that you could set 0 as SS (e.g. don't touch) in case you wanted to use some in-game SS settings (where applicable) but still use OTT to set ASW, CPU prio e.t.c.
  • Skazzy3Skazzy3 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've seemed to have encountered a bug. Even if you don't toggle the options that change that Power Plan in windows, it seems like the program changes the default power plan to High Performance, rather than not touching it at all, which is what I'd prefer. I get that I can simply just toggle the option and have the tray tool change to Balanced anyway, but it seems like a workaround rather than how it should be working already.
    Trinity
    @Skazzy3 That's actually not OTT, it's the Oculus app that changes powerplan. A while back Oculus started doing this as it gives better overall VR performance. And since a lot of users used OTT or other methods for changing powerplan anyway i guess they figured it was good to just do it automatically in-app. You can use the OTT options to set other powerplans, and it will now also detect when Oculus changes powerplan and switch back to whatever you have set in OTT.

Cheers!
    @ApollyonVR I updated to the latest version 0.86.6 today.  I still get the same problem that not all games with profiles, including Oculus and Steam ones, give me a verbal message that OTT has applied its profile.  Plus when I check it with the OTT pixel info it shows that it has not changed it from my Global settings.  If I exit the game and then restart it again it normally then will give me the verbal message and when I check the OTT pixel info is correct.  The two I tried today that do this are from the Oculus Store and include Nature Trek and Google Earth VR.

Again, not a big deal for me since my OTT Global settings are mainly what I want anyway.  Audio switching seems to be working better now though, thanks.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• FelicityCFelicityC Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    How does the new 'graphics settings' options affect this and the settings now? They are very opaque with 'performance' and 'quality' and 'balanced'. wtf do those mean? I assume they are variations on resolutions and pixeldensity but not really sure what tools to check. The Debug tool even retains original values so I'm not sure what is being manipulated.
    8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,025 Valuable Player
    FelicityC said:
    How does the new 'graphics settings' options affect this and the settings now? They are very opaque with 'performance' and 'quality' and 'balanced'. wtf do those mean? I assume they are variations on resolutions and pixeldensity but not really sure what tools to check. The Debug tool even retains original values so I'm not sure what is being manipulated.
    Yeah it seems to be a secret, I asked about that in the update thread and never got a response from Oculus.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Trinity
    @TomCgcmfc I haven't had the time to look into that yet (but i will). I've had this small buggfix update waiting for some time now so i just wanted to get that out.

@FelicityC @dburne As i don't have a Quest it's a bit hard to tell, but i would assume (although assuming stuff is never good) that these settings are simple presets for curve and resolution, like the ones in OTT for the Link. However, i'm not sure how they play together (again, no Quest so cannot test properly). I'd love to hear from one of you regarding testing for this, so feel free to ping me and we can do some testing and check some stuff and see if we cannot figure out what is happening in the background.

Cheers!
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 400
    Trinity
    @shitForBreakfast Not a dumb question at all, and yes, there's a bit of a difference. 0 means that OTT will not touch/modify super sampling, while any other value, including 1.0, will be set as SS. I made it this way so that you could set 0 as SS (e.g. don't touch) in case you wanted to use some in-game SS settings (where applicable) but still use OTT to set ASW, CPU prio e.t.c.
    Now that this came up i remember what i've been meaning to ask: If the games SS in program listing (individual settings for the games and apps) is set to 0, will the global SS take over (i.e if the "The Climb"'s SS is set to 0 in individual settings with ASW and GPU scaling "off" and the global SS is 1.2) ? Also, there could be a mention in the Global SS hover over, that the Global SS affects the Home SS also?
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
    Trinity
    A SS of 0 in a profile means OTT will not set a new SS, which means that the Global SS (which is applied on OTT start) is what should be used (as it is still set). It's a bit dependent on the game/app i would say, but generally; yes, if SS is set to 0 in a profile, the Global SS value should be the one used. And yes, the user guide/mouse over should probably mention that Home also gets the Global SS.
  • rainy1505rainy1505 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thank you for this!
    Shame on you Facebook that this isn't included by default...
    rainy1505 said:
    Thank you for this!
    Shame on you Facebook that this isn't included by default...
    I agree mate.  Oculus should incorporate OTT and in the case of Quest, wireless with Virtual Desktop imho.  Kinda silly they do not currently do this.

• TuTAH_1TuTAH_1 Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    Hello! Thanks a lot for your tool! Can you please add an option to lauch some app when Oculus starts? I would like to launch VoiceMacro at start while it's now the only way to make a screenshot or a video without looking up from the game

My Steam profile (My PC hardware here)
    Trinity
    @TuTAH_1
    I'll take a look at it. In the mean time, you could perhaps solve this using a batch file. So what you want to do is

1) Create a new textfile, just right-click on your desktop -> New Text Document. Make sure you have file extensions
    visible so that you see the '.txt' ending. If you cannot see the .txt, then open windows explorer and on the View menu,
    select the "file name extensions" checkbox.
    2) Rename the file to 'StartOTT.bat' or similar, just make sure the file extension is ".bat".
    3) Right-click the file and choose "edit" to open the .bat file in a text editor.
    4) Type the following and save the file, but make sure to change the paths after the "start" commands to match your installations.

@echo off
    echo Starting Oculus Tray Tool..
    start " " "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus Tray Tool\OculusTrayTool.exe"
    echo Starting VoiceMacro..
    start " " "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceMacro\VoiceMacro.exe"
    exit

5) Move the .bat file to some other path, perhaps the OTT or VoiceMacro installation directory.
    6) Right-click the file in the new path and select "Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)
    7) Right-click the new shortcut on your Desktop -> Properties -> Advanced -> Tick "Run as administrator"

When you double-click the shortcut it should start OTT as admin as well as launch VoiceMacro in one go.

Hope that helps!
    Cheers!
  • keem85keem85 Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Is there a way you can implement a way to remove battery notification? If it is an easy fix? It's so annoying racing serious league races in iRacing and other simulation games, and then suddenly it interrupts and destroys my races. Batteries always seems fine before I sit myself in my rig, but in the middle of the race they go empty. I can never trust the percentage battery indicators, they always lie.
    keem85 said:
    Is there a way you can implement a way to remove battery notification? If it is an easy fix? It's so annoying racing serious league races in iRacing and other simulation games, and then suddenly it interrupts and destroys my races. Batteries always seems fine before I sit myself in my rig, but in the middle of the race they go empty. I can never trust the percentage battery indicators, they always lie.

Why not just start your races with good quality, fully charged controller batteries to begin with?  I doubt that OTT can be used to avoid notifications.  This is more of an Oculus thing imho.

• keem85keem85 Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    TomCgcmfc said:
    keem85 said:

Why not just start your races with good quality, fully charged controller batteries to begin with?  I doubt that OTT can be used to avoid notifications.  This is more of an Oculus thing imho.
    Easier said than done, since I race almost daily. It's a hassle to charge the batteries every day just to be on the safe side. Often I think I have lots of juice left, but suddenly it turns off mid race. Can't believe that these notifications can't be turned off, it annoys me greatly :( Hope to find a way to disable them.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,025 Valuable Player
    Just remove the batteries.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • terente0081terente0081 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited August 20
    Just updated to the latest version 0.86.6.0 and I'm having some problems.
    1. I have Oculus Homeless enabled, but every time I start OTT it starts with the white background & music from Home. If I click on Edit by the Oculus homeless  setting and just click Ok, it applies the homeless settings.
    2. I have SS 1.5 in the Global settings page, but when OTT starts it's SS 1. I need to move the setting up & down and only then it applies. I can see on the dash icons whether it's applied or not.

I haven't uninstalled the previous verison, had 0.86.3.1 before & just updated to the new version. Might that be it?
    Trinity
    @keem85 That one is a bit out of reach for me at this time =/

@terente0081 Could you send some logs my way? First, start up everything and then do what you need to
    do in order to get things working, then shut OTT down, and grab the ott.log from the installation folder.
    Send that to me in an email or as a PM here on the forums, and i'll take a look.

Cheers!
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hey there, I know this isn't a big deal or making the tool non functioning, but why doesn't the app remember window position?
    Trinity
    @xeno3d It should, and does for me. Could you send me a log in debug mode and i'll have a look?

Cheers!
    @xeno3d It should, and does for me. Could you send me a log in debug mode and i'll have a look?

Cheers!
    Ya, mine also always pops up at the last spot on my monitor that I placed it before exiting.