New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2017
    I can't seem to get voice commands working at all.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  It's turned on, my rift is default for audio and mic. 
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 246
    Nexus 6
    @xeno3d PM me the ott.log and i'll have a look. I also have a new version with some additional debug and other things in it that might help, but let's have a look at the log first.

Cheers!
    Brain Burst
    On its way, thanks!
    Brain Burst
    Great update!  Thank you for this tool.  Sent a little something your way for your time and effort
    Nexus 6
    Cheers mate =)
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    Voice command to start Steam is a really cool and convenient feature, great job!
    Nexus 6
    Thanks Creepy dude =)
    Brain Burst
    Uh oh....  I think todays Oculus 1.13 update broke something for OTT.  Upon loading it just hangs with the loading notifictaion on the bottom right.  ALso the Oculus Debug Tool no longer works  which I assume is related to whats going on with OTT.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,104 Poster of the Week
    edited March 2017
    I really like this tool but is it normal to hear phantom usb connections when you start windows each time? This is what I get after installing the tool and changing the setting on my Usb pci card. It's no biggy because no usb's are actually connecting. I've checked to see if anything was connecting using usbDeview and there isn't any Usb devices connecting, but if there a way to stop hearing these phantom Usb connection sounds each time I boot up?

Edit: I was wrong look at the post below it is the oculus Sensors.
    edited March 2017
    I was wrong. The program, UsbDeview, points towards the Oculus sensors connecting each time I boot up my Pc, even though I have changed the power settings and done all the Oculus Tray tool has asked me to do. Usb Human interface device is connecting all three of my Sensors each time I bootup. The sounds are not phantom the sensors are actually connecting each time I boot my PC. Any idea's why?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,070 Oculus Staff
    It appears that there is an incompatibility with the Oculus Tray Tool and the new 1.13 Runtime which started rolling out earlier today. If your Oculus app has updated and you get an error message about OculusDebugTool then it may be a conflict with Oculus Tray Tool or other 3rd party apps that rely on certain parts of an older SDK package (which are incompatible with 1.13 at the moment). This is an issue that may be resolved in the future with the upcoming SDK or other updates, so please stay tuned. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Is there any way of not auto updating to 1.13? My system is working fine with 1.12 (not updated yet) for now and I use Oculus Tray Tool which is also working fine presently.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,549 Valuable Player
    edited March 2017
    lovethis said:
    I was wrong. UsbDeview points towards the Oculus sensors connection each time I boot up my Pc even though I have changed the power settings and done all the Oculus Tray tool has asked me to do. Usb Human interface device is connecting all three of my Sensors each time I bootup. the sounds are not phantom they are actually connecting each time I boot my PC. Any idea's why?

the power "fix" for the sensors is to disable them, apply a registry fix, restart them or the entire runtime (can't remember which). what we really need is an official fix for the drivers of the inatech card or some standalone software that actually resolves the issue by changing it at driver level.

As the card is the most recommended one by oculus I find it astounding that they don't just have a custom driver for it!

hmm, I may have found my next project :P

::EDIT::

For inatech card users, there is a script here you can run on boot (or make a service to do it for you) which will apply the registry fix and sort your power issues, I believe this is the same as the tray tool does

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49126/fresco-or-microsoft-drivers-inateck-pci-e-card/p1

This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,260
    Wintermute
    Uh oh, I really rely on the Tray Tool hate to hear this...
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
    Nexus 6
    Busy day at work, just saw this. Will investigate as soon as i get the chance. Don't worry, i have top men on it!

Top. Men. (i.e. me)

Cheers!
    Nexus 6
    Just got home, i haven't received the 1.13 update yet so i cannot fully investigate the cause of the issues.
    Will update you all when i know more.
    edited March 2017
    elboffor said:
    lovethis said:
    I was wrong. UsbDeview points towards the Oculus sensors connection each time I boot up my Pc even though I have changed the power settings and done all the Oculus Tray tool has asked me to do. Usb Human interface device is connecting all three of my Sensors each time I bootup. the sounds are not phantom they are actually connecting each time I boot my PC. Any idea's why?

the power "fix" for the sensors is to disable them, apply a registry fix, restart them or the entire runtime (can't remember which). what we really need is an official fix for the drivers of the inatech card or some standalone software that actually resolves the issue by changing it at driver level.

As the card is the most recommended one by oculus I find it astounding that they don't just have a custom driver for it!

hmm, I may have found my next project :P

::EDIT::

For inatech card users, there is a script here you can run on boot (or make a service to do it for you) which will apply the registry fix and sort your power issues, I believe this is the same as the tray tool does

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49126/fresco-or-microsoft-drivers-inateck-pci-e-card/p1

The Oculus tray tool has the registery tweak. I had already done the power fix prior to installing the tray tool. I agree, someone needs to fix this driver on this card because it's becoming a right pain. I have no idea about the inner workings of these cards, but is it really that hard to fix this issue?
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2017
    Hi all!
    So i still haven't got the 1.13 update yet so.. But, those of you that have, try and edit the config.xml and set <PPDPStartup> to 0. This will prevent the debug tool from starting when the tool starts. You might need to also reset all of your profiles to 0, or simply create a copy of the config.xml and then delete all of the profiles while we wait for the debug tool to be fixed. As i don't even have the update i don't know if other things like Visual HUD overlays are also not working, so if someone could test it that would be great.

Cheers!

• GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    WHy do I keep getting warning when opening the tool? Says that could not locate Oculus Client in C://Program Files?

What's this?
    AWS is also activating constantly when the tool is running
    Nexus 6
    The 1.13 update is incompatible with the current version of the debug tool which i'm using. Not much for me to do other than wait for the new SDK to be released so i can look at it. But i have been told by Oculus that it should be released very soon so it should not take long until i can release a fix.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,260
    Wintermute
    Globespy said:
    WHy do I keep getting warning when opening the tool? Says that could not locate Oculus Client in C://Program Files?

What's this?

Sounds like you have been updated to Oculus 1.13 and currently the debug tool is not functioning in that version. They stated they should have it soon. I believe the Tray Tool relies on the Oculus  debug tool.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
    Globespy said:

What's this?
    I think you need to read what ApollonVR has suggested to do.
  • wwwCicaedawwwCicaeda Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    If I have to go an entire month without supersampling, I'm not going to bed a happy camper.
    wwwGhost said:
    If I have to go an entire month without supersampling, I'm not going to bed a happy camper.
    You can input that yourself using the Oculus Debug Tool.
  • ExpediterExpediter Posts: 113
    Art3mis
    lovethis said:
    wwwGhost said:
    I thought the debug tool wasn't working.
    Brain Burst
    If my Oculus Home still says 1.12, should the tool still work ok? 
    I've been noticing that my frames are dipping (like ASW is on) so I'm wondering if Oculus's software is such a piece of junk that I'm running 1.13 although it's showing as 1.12?
    I was going to say that I don't understand why they wouldn't offer users the option to turn off a feature that is neither needed and negatively impacts performance on games....but then I remembered that it's owned by Facebook and they don't give a turd about what customers want in their quest for domination.

I can't wait for the competitor headsets start rolling out and I'm giving this to my kid and I'm bouncing - never liked the "it's our way or the high way" mentality of this company.
    Really should have bought a Vive.....oh well.
  • ElpocElpoc Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Not able to get the voice commands working at all. Mic set up fine, I ran the Windows 10 voice training thing too. Xeno3D what was the solution for you?
    edited March 2017
    Expediter said:
    lovethis said:
    wwwGhost said:
    I thought the debug tool wasn't working.
    They are two different things take a look what cybereality said. He says: "If your Oculus app has updated and you get an error message about OculusDebugTool then it may be a conflict with Oculus Tray Tool or other 3rd party apps that rely on certain parts of an older SDK package".
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2017
    Just  in case anyone doesn't know, if you don't need to launch games from Oculus Home (in my case my main VR titles are racing simulators that are not Oculus home linked).
    Today I got the prompt to update to 1.13 and even though it shows in the actual Oculus itself, I don't need to update the software to have my SIMS launch without a hitch.
    I'm waiting tor Apollyon to release his update, until then I'm simply ignoring the intrusive BS Oculus is trying to push on us.

Hope this is helpful.

EDIT:

Well, I guess the twots at Oculus are smarter...as soon as the Oculus Home closes it automatically forced the update.
    Thanks. Now no way to turn off AWS. 
    Super.
    edited March 2017
    Hi all!
    So i still haven't got the 1.13 update yet so.. But, those of you that have, try and edit the config.xml and set <PPDPStartup> to 0. This will prevent the debug tool from starting when the tool starts. You might need to also reset all of your profiles to 0, or simply create a copy of the config.xml and then delete all of the profiles while we wait for the debug tool to be fixed. As i don't even have the update i don't know if other things like Visual HUD overlays are also not working, so if someone could test it that would be great.

Cheers!

Can you be a bit more specific? Like where exactly you place the <PPDPStartup> to 0? Mine looks like this <PPDPStartup>1.5</PPDPStartup> So where do I place the "0" ? I've tried replacing the 1.5 with the 0 and it still boots up and then I tried placing the "0" right at the end and that doesn't stop it booting? The Oculus Tool is now constantly try to boot saying please wait and I can't stop it?