New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,673 Valuable Player
    Globespy said:
    Just  in case anyone doesn't know, if you don't need to launch games from Oculus Home (in my case my main VR titles are racing simulators that are not Oculus home linked).
    Today I got the prompt to update to 1.13 and even though it shows in the actual Oculus itself, I don't need to update the software to have my SIMS launch without a hitch.
    I'm waiting tor Apollyon to release his update, until then I'm simply ignoring the intrusive BS Oculus is trying to push on us.

Hope this is helpful.

I never got a prompt to update, mine just updated by itself - now I am showing 1.13, without any input from myself at all.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • ekortalekortal Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Hi i would like to know if working i had version 0.65 because 0.67 doesnt work on win10. Also OculusDebugToolCLI doesnt work .. also in administrator ? All this problem since Today... Someone have the same problem ?

ekortal said:
    Hi i would like to know if working i had version 0.65 because 0.67 doesnt work on win10. Also OculusDebugToolCLI doesnt work .. also in administrator ? All this problem since Today... Someone have the same problem ?

Yep they have not updated the SDK for the Debug Tool to work with 1.13 yet...
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,482 Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Globespy said:

Thanks. Now no way to turn off AWS. 
    Super.
    Pressing Control + Numpad1 still turns off ASW in 1.13, I just tested it.

• Ernimus_PrimeErnimus_Prime Posts: 388
    Trinity
    @ApollyonVR  the new 1.13 debug tool is out.  Hope this helps you update the awesome tool you created. 
    ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, the new Debug Tool is available for download here:
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/51148/oculus-debug-tool-for-1-13/p1
    We will see this situation doesn't happen again in future releases. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 412
    Trinity
    Thanks cybereality!
    Trinity
    See main page of this post for an update.

Cheers!
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    cmon dude, you've had this for almost 15 minutes, surely a new release is ready ;)
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • ButtonUKButtonUK Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    elboffor said:
    cmon dude, you've had this for almost 15 minutes, surely a new release is ready ;)
    Lol beat me to it. Was thinking the same.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,132
    Wintermute
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Oculus for the tools and ApolyonVR to have provided a quick workaround on your first post! :) Now I'll be able to test 1.13 as I was waiting that to put again my headset ;)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.5GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    edited March 2017
    Apolyon has become more popular then Palmer himself 

I never this this coming, no really!!!  :p

Ps

I forget to mention, Oculus employ this Señor, yes really!!!  :p
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • MrCh1pMrCh1p Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Yay - thank goodness I can turn ASW off in Asseto Corsa :smile:
  • FourT2FourT2 Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Started having issues with OculusDebugToolCLI.exe after Oculus home forced .13 update. Issue solved with the updated OculusDebugToolCLI.exe from the new Oculus SDK. Thanks for the quick turnaround! 
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,132
    Wintermute
    I confirm also all work fine now after copying the tool in your Tray Tool directory, thanks! :)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.5GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

Trinity
    Good to hear! The new version is in testing now, should be ready soon. Will include an option to add SteamVR to Home and is also a bit smarter regarding finding games using the Scan option.

Cheers!
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 116
    Art3mis
    dburne said:
    Globespy said:
    Just  in case anyone doesn't know, if you don't need to launch games from Oculus Home (in my case my main VR titles are racing simulators that are not Oculus home linked).
    Today I got the prompt to update to 1.13 and even though it shows in the actual Oculus itself, I don't need to update the software to have my SIMS launch without a hitch.
    I'm waiting tor Apollyon to release his update, until then I'm simply ignoring the intrusive BS Oculus is trying to push on us.

Hope this is helpful.

I never got a prompt to update, mine just updated by itself - now I am showing 1.13, without any input from myself at all.
    I edited my comment. As soon as I closed the Oculus home it forced the update.
    Hopefully the deve has had the update also and a fix is soon.
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 116
    Art3mis
    dburne said:
    Globespy said:

Hope this is helpful.

I edited my comment. As soon as I closed the Oculus home it forced the update.
    Hopefully the deve has had the update also and a fix is soon.
  • vortexringstatevortexringstate Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Guys... i need some explaination/help please.. (I want to use the Tray Tool)
    -I just got a RIFT and have 1.13
    -I tried Oculus Tray tool V67 and couldnt get it to work.
    -Please link me to the actual Oclus Tray Tool link (rather than the forum as there are several out of date versions in the forum) and..
    -expalin how to get it to run successfully ( any specific install locations, other programs ie Debug tool..??? etc)
    -any other need to know stuff regarding the installation
    Trinity
    @vortexringstate I am working on an update which will include the latest version of the oculus debug tool and also some new things, but it is not quite ready yet. So if you want it running right now, get the 0.67 version from http://bit.ly/2nT8JnQ and replace the included "OculusDebugToolCLI.exe" with the one from https://us.v-cdn.net/6024342/uploads/editor/xj/pr6n7lmlk7id.zip and all should be working. Check out the user guide pdf also, it has info on most things i hope.

Cheers!

NerveGear
    wow.. thats one fast reply. thanks ApollyonVR!
    given the latest update issues, i think i will try and hold out for the nice sparkling clean and new version to match my new rift.

MUCH Appreciated!
    NerveGear
    should i be extracting the tray tool into an Oculus program folder somewhere?
    NerveGear
    sorry- iv found all the info in the USER GUIDE. -disregard earlier post!
  • AshazaAshaza Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited April 2017
    Does anyone else have a problem with 0.68 or 0.67+new CLI.exe where it tries to start but stays on the "Starting up, please wait..." screen, and no settings on the tray tool get saved? The cursor hourglass just stays working indefinitely. Also, error at bottom...

:(

No problem here so far on .68. I don't have that Exception on Startup notification either.

Thanks for the .68 update Apollyon!!

Don

• ExpediterExpediter Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    What an amazing tool. Why oculus didn't have this incorporated  into home from the get go is confusing to say the least. 

Thanks. 
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2017
    For some reason, the Steam VR patch undid itself today.  I had to uninstall and re-download the app I used which is Discovr WA.  Re did the patch and its working again
    Trinity
    @xeno3d Might be that Oculus home has re-downloaded the images, or possibly updated the game, which will break it. That's why i added the "Automatically re-apply" checkbox, so take a peek in the user guide on how that works. If you had that already checked, and it still happened, then i missed something. If so let me know and we'll have a look in the ott.log.

@Ashaza Looks like an issue with the config.xml. Could you please start a administrator elevated command-prompt (e.g. right-click -> run as administrator) then launch the tool in debug mode using "OculusTrayTool.exe -d". Wait a few seconds the grab the ott.log from the Oculus Tray Tool folder and send that to me and i'll have a look.

Cheers!
  • SpyderCanopusSpyderCanopus Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2017
    Wow, exactly what I was looking for.  Why is Oculus not paying you and enrolling people into a beta of your software enhancements?

EDIT:  Just found out.  Because everything was working okay and then I run this software and my computer crashes and I can't get it to undo the registry changes so I might have to system restore.

Why is this even allowed on the official forum if it can cause such major issues?
    Core Components: Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2  /  Intel S1200BTL mainboard  /  Intel 730 240GB SSD  /  EVGA GTX 1080  /  Inateck KTU3FR-4P  /  16GB DDR3  /  Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  /  Rift CV1  /  Touch
  • SpyderCanopusSpyderCanopus Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    So I played with your tool, and I believe you have the best intentions... but here is what happened since I installed it for the first time.  

My Rift was perfect, but I wanted that message to go away about minimum requirements.  It worked great for that.

So I enabled the other settings like Inatek card (i have one) power savings off and all that.  Probably enabled every setting at least once to try it out.

Then I start trying to turn features back off.  I launch Oculus Home and it can't connect to service.

I had to system restore to stop your software from opening as a service.  But still have issues.

After the restore, I get into Oculus Home and none of my devices are connected.  

I check Device Manager and my Inatek card says:
     This device cannot start. (Code 10)
     STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

So now what?  I was having lots of fun with Rift until now.
    Core Components: Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2  /  Intel S1200BTL mainboard  /  Intel 730 240GB SSD  /  EVGA GTX 1080  /  Inateck KTU3FR-4P  /  16GB DDR3  /  Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  /  Rift CV1  /  Touch