New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• SpyderCanopusSpyderCanopus Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2017
    Reinstalling drivers didn't work.  And I can not even OPEN the Oculus Tray Tool 0.68.0 anymore.  There is just an hourglass over it.

Can you please help me just get my USB card working again?  Is there a registry change I need to undo?  I would be devistated if I had to reinstall Windows and I can't play VR anymore.

I tried system restore, uninstall all Inatek drivers and software, reinstall.  Delete your tool and extract again to get new settings.

http://i.imgur.com/OJbvrBf.jpg
    Core Components: Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2  /  Intel S1200BTL mainboard  /  Intel 730 240GB SSD  /  EVGA GTX 1080  /  Inateck KTU3FR-4P  /  16GB DDR3  /  Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  /  Rift CV1  /  Touch
  • AshazaAshaza Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited April 2017
    SpyderCanopus,

Interestingly, that's exactly my problem, down to the identical error code at the bottom. Glad I'm not the only one!

@ApollyonVR

Thanks for looking into this :)
    Here is my log:

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 412
    Trinity
    @SpyderCanopus I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, i'll PM you and we'll see if we can figure out what's going on.
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2017
    @ApollyonVR I think I had reapply automatically checked but honestly I can't say for sure.  It definitely is now so if it happens again I will let you know.
  • AshazaAshaza Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited April 2017
    Double post - so apparently, if the post is long, this board doesn't post it immediately, instead giving you the impression that it was never posted.

Probably done to have a mod review it for spam, but then there should be some kind of warning to the user to show them that it is in a moderation queue and not to attempt another post.

Oculus seem to have a policy about being secretive to the point of being a nuisance in all areas. Ironically, this is a thread for a tool which fixes issues which should have been options within the Oculus software in the first place :D 
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2017
    Okay it's working again for me and here is what it took:

- Uninstall Inateck driver from Device Manager
    - Uninstall Inateck software from Programs
    - Shut down, remove card from PC.
    - Boot up and delete registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc
    - Shut down, install card, boot, install latest driver.

Make sure the Tray Tool is not automatically starting or configuring anything.  I had to system restore before all this to get it to stop trying to open because it would hang.

EDIT:  Even tho the card started working again, I had issues with sensors staying connected so I am going to have to reinstall Windows.  I am spending more time trying to fix this than just starting over.  The above steps did make my USB card start functioning again, but something else is wrong.
    Core Components: Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2  /  Intel S1200BTL mainboard  /  Intel 730 240GB SSD  /  EVGA GTX 1080  /  Inateck KTU3FR-4P  /  16GB DDR3  /  Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  /  Rift CV1  /  Touch
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    General question.  Is it best to leave OTT running when not using the Rift?
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,673 Valuable Player

Dang that is scary, hopefully Apollyon can get to the bottom of why and how that happened. Makes me a little nervous but so far mine is working fine as far as I can tell.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • Ernimus_PrimeErnimus_Prime Posts: 388
    Trinity
    xeno3d said:
    General question.  Is it best to leave OTT running when not using the Rift?

Yes you can.  I just stop the oculus service when I'm not using the Rift. 
    ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.
    Brain Burst
    dburne said:

Dang that is scary, hopefully Apollyon can get to the bottom of why and how that happened. Makes me a little nervous but so far mine is working fine as far as I can tell.
    I literally spent 24 hours (minus sleep) trying to fix it.  It's finally working again but I had to reinstall Windows.  

I don't know what happened and I don't blame Apollyon, but I personally recommend waiting for a fix unless you have a free day to reinstall Windows.
    Trinity
    I am using the tool.  No problems with it.  Maybe I'll stop using it till @ApollyonVR takes a look at the program to see what the issue is. 
    ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,171 Valuable Player
    edited April 2017
    I had problems with the last Oculus tray tool where I couldn't uninstall it and just the hour glass spun round and round and the program never started. I booted into safe mode and just deleted the folder. How come this tool doesn't have an uninstaller for it, is it because it doesn't install anything or something? There must be an easier to disable it rather then reinstall windows like Spyder 
    lovethis said:
    I had problems with the last Oculus tray tool where I couldn't uninstall it and just the hour glass spun round and round and the program never started. I booted into safe mode and just deleted the folder. How come this tool doesn't have an uninstaller for it, is it because it doesn't install anything or something? There must be an easier to disable it rather then reinstall windows like Spyder 

There is no installation process for the tool, so nothing to uninstall in windows.
    Just exit the tool and delete the folder and contents.

That is what I do when getting a new version...
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Trinity
    lovethis said:

I am pretty sure it's a stand alone program.  Since it doesn't install when you use it. 
    Trinity
    lovethis said:

I am pretty sure it's a stand alone program.  Since it doesn't install when you use it. 
    Trinity
    lovethis said:

Trinity
    lovethis said:

• ExpediterExpediter Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    Just don't make the program load when windows loads and you will never have those issues. Problem solved. 
    Trinity
    Expediter said:
    Just don't make the program load when windows loads and you will never have those issues. Problem solved.

If I have it checked to start.  Can I just uncheck it and reboot and remove? 
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2017
    e_m_d88 said:
     If I have it checked to start.  Can I just uncheck it and reboot and remove? 
    I couldn't un-check the box to stop it from auto-starting.  And some settings modify the registry so uninstalling or deleting the folder didn't fix it for me.  Perhaps just a registry backup before using this would be wise.  That's what I'll be doing if I use it again.

And to clarify, I'm pretty sure the setting that broke my system was the Inateck card buffer.  TrayTool worked fine until I ran it as Administrator to enable that settings.
    Trinity
    Ok
    Trinity
    Hopefully @ApollyonVR will take a look at the problem and have a solution. 
    What does "Add SteamVR to Home" do?
  • korgen63korgen63 Posts: 93
    Hiro Protagonist
    lovethis said:
    The answer is in the question ^^
    edited April 2017
    korgen63 said:
    lovethis said:
    The answer is in the question ^^
    Hahahaha.
    I think the answer to what does adding Steam VR to Home may be a little more complex, suggest reading the Steam VR section of the Oculus Tray Tool User Guide ( include in the Tray Tool download). It replace some game binaries...
    Don

dburne said:
    I think the answer to what does adding Steam VR to Home may be a little more complex, suggest reading the Steam VR section of the Oculus Tray Tool User Guide ( include in the Tray Tool download). It replace some game binaries...
    @dburne - Yes, I thought there might be a bit more to it. Just a shame the other guy didn't cotton on to what I meant instead of replying like he did. He did make me LOL though.
  • Cookiez111Cookiez111 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR I'm getting this error when my rift mic is set to disabled. No errors when I enable it again and run the app. Could you make the microphone detection optional/gray out mic related options when it's not found? 
  • GibStormGibStorm Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2017
    What I'd like to know, is why this simple tool insists on using 3-4% of my CPU all of the time, while not even having Oculus Home running. What is it doing? Seriously, 3-4% of an 8 i7 6700K running at 4.6 Ghz is A LOT. Are you mining bitcoins or what?
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 412
    Trinity
    @Cookiez111 I have fixed that and it will be in the next update.
    @GibStorm No mining =) And that should not be happening. On my system it sits between 0% and 0,2% and i have not had any other reports of this behavior, so perhaps it is stuck in a loop somewhere. Send me the ott.log file and i'll have a look.