HDMI setup not working — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HDMI setup not working

Griffis520Griffis520 Posts: 2
NerveGear
So I got a brand new Oculus for Christmas, and I'm in the process of setting up the Oculus Rift. I've pugged in the USB but when I plug in the HDMI, it says that it is not plugged in. I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or is it my computer.

Comments

• manhooermanhooer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    make that two.. I have update drivers and restarted... cant get it to recognize the hdmi connection
  • dcaldessadcaldessa Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Have you updated your video card drivers and restarted with the hdmi plugged in ? When I first set  up my rift I had to do these two things before it was detected. What is your pc specs that would help in troubleshooting. 

Merry Christmas !
  • manhooermanhooer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hello I am using an NVIDIA Geforce 970 graphics card. Drivers are all up to date and I ran a clean install today just to be sure. I have tried starting computer with plugged in and without plugged in. port works as I have been running dual monitors (currently one to make room for the rift). also updated the firmware on the rift.
  • Griffis520Griffis520 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    dcaldessa said:
    Have you updated your video card drivers and restarted with the hdmi plugged in ? When I first set  up my rift I had to do these two things before it was detected. What is your pc specs that would help in troubleshooting. 

Merry Christmas !
    I did update my video card but It still says that it is not connected. My computer does have a duel graphics card. Do you think that might be the problem?