cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature request] Option to make the colour wheel bigger

LewisP
Explorer
I'm not sure if I'm just using the colour wheel incorrectly, but I often find it a little tedious to try to select exactly the flesh tone that I'm aiming for. A simple fix might be an option to make the colour wheel bigger, maybe 2 times the size. This option could even be present on the colour wheel itself.
6 REPLIES 6

Pacman117
Honored Guest
I can definitely agree with this. It's too small to be able to easily pick a precise color. I can't seem to find a good sand color

surt
Protege
I think part of the problem is that hue and lightness both on the wheel just isn't very nice for picking colours. I'd much rather hue and saturation on the wheel (most natural I think, lets you readily pick different lightnesses of a colour on the slider) or lightness and saturation on the wheel. Ideally the user could pick whatever arrangement they prefer.

Mapes
Protege
In addition It would be nice to have dial in color values.

As a temp solution I build a pallet out of multiple spheres on a separate layer then test out the colors. Once I have the color I want then I use the dropper on it so I can always come back to it.  

The colors I am finding are really hard to judge until I see them on some geometry.

MattHickman
Rising Star
Color wheel is up there on our list of improvements to tackle in our upcoming updates.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It would be much easier as a rectangle rather than a wheel. The wheel format gives lots of real estate to pick colours at the dark end of the spectrum, but the light shades are all crowded together in the center.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
One thing I noticed after moving the spotlight and changing its brightness/color: the color wheel is affected by the spot, which can lead to overblown/incorrect colors on the wheel. An option to show "true" colors would be nice!
I agree with the hue/saturation point.