cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup doesn't detect

Sinekura
Honored Guest

Dear Oculus enthusiasts,

If anybody can help with an advice I would be very grateful.

The problem is that the Oculus setup program on its certain stage (Connect your Rift Headset and Oculus Sensor) and  doesn't detect Headset Hdmi and Headset USB, but only Sensor USB.

I have OSVR, motherboard Z97-Pro Gamer, video GV-N970IXOC-4GB, Windows 7 x64. USB 3.0 used. Latest drivers to all hardware.

Strangely, I can get the Oculus working with the games by using old video drivers, but then Oculus setup says that I shall update them.

I would be happy with it after all, but I need to use Prepar3D with FlyInside, which doesn't work. And my suspicion is it is due to lame setup.

Actually, I started with Windows 8 having exactly same situation, then I changed OS with hope that it may help.

Does anybody know how the problem may be fixed.

Thank you all in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EliteSPA
Superstar
DK2 is not longer supported with the new runtime, you should use old runtimes, dont forget is a dev kit and not the consumer version.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Sinekura
Honored Guest
in addition; I have Oculus Rift DK2

EliteSPA
Superstar
DK2 is not longer supported with the new runtime, you should use old runtimes, dont forget is a dev kit and not the consumer version.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Sinekura
Honored Guest
Thank you, EliteSPA. I'm total newbie. I'm trying to download older Runtime from https://developer3.oculus.com/downloads/ but it doesn't give a link when I choose, lets say, SDK of Oculus Platform 0.11.3... could you please forward me to a correct source. Thank you!

EliteSPA
Superstar
This is the one you need:

https://developer3.oculus.com/downloads/pc/0.8.0.0-beta/Oculus_Runtime_for_Windows/

Cheers.

Sinekura
Honored Guest

Dear Elite,

thank you for your kind support. Could you please help with understanding of the installation process, which looks quite mysterious  and, thus, doesn't give me any clear view of steps required.Now, having 0.8.0.0-bet Runtime installed I can't run Oculus Setup as it gives back the error (I suppose it should as older Runtime engaged). In Device Manager I see Oculus Sensor and one "Unknown device". No Oculus Rift in Display configuration, i.e. no second monitor. Amber light on DK2. Presumably I shall install drivers to Oculus Rift DK2, but where to take them as Oculus Home now not an option (I manually initiated the driver search on a computer with no success). Folder Program Files/Oculus/Drivers has drivers of Sensor only.

Could you please help with a suggestion,

Best regards

Kangelos
Protege
I have DK2 which i have not used for a while. I tried today and it is working with Oculus Home and every other
app/game i have (including FlyInside). 
Btw it seems like Oculus Home keeps on updating without updating anything... 

Sinekura
Honored Guest

Kangelos, possibly it is due to the previously installed Software?

I have constant fight with Oculus to start it working properly 😞 . If there would be just drivers for DK2 for those who didn't succeed with Oculus Setup the smart automatic system.