New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dead and Buried offline mode

loregnumloregnum Posts: 87
Hiro Protagonist
Don't know if this is the section for this but I'll post it here...

It'd be really great if this game had an offline mode where you could just play with bots. I now live in a rural area and my internet is quite spotty (wireless) so I don't really have much desire to play online with others and either deal with latency issues or outright disconnects which aren't good for me or the others I would be playing with.

Maybe having all modes have bots would be a bit too much work but having at least one other than target shooting (which should allow you to use different guns) would be a really nice addition so the game will have more longevity for those like me with crummy connections or those who just simply prefer to play solo.

I have only briefly checked out the game but it seems very polished and I have to say that Oculus programmed VR really nails it for immersion and quality as seen in this, First Contact and Dreamdeck. Oh and Farlands based on my brief time in it. 

Comments

• mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 796
    Neo
    loregnum said:
    Don't know if this is the section for this but I'll post it here...

It'd be really great if this game had an offline mode where you could just play with bots. I now live in a rural area and my internet is quite spotty (wireless) so I don't really have much desire to play online with others and either deal with latency issues or outright disconnects which aren't good for me or the others I would be playing with.

Maybe having all modes have bots would be a bit too much work but having at least one other than target shooting (which should allow you to use different guns) would be a really nice addition so the game will have more longevity for those like me with crummy connections or those who just simply prefer to play solo.

I have only briefly checked out the game but it seems very polished and I have to say that Oculus programmed VR really nails it for immersion and quality as seen in this, First Contact and Dreamdeck. Oh and Farlands based on my brief time in it. 
    Im not really into online MP games, I have enjoyed a few games of D&B and The Unspoken but if they added single player option would be much better. Im not sure if its possible to start a game of the horde mode by yourself or if you need 2 players in the lobby to start, but ive played a few games where I was the only one in the game.
  • Greenfire32Greenfire32 Posts: 364
    Trinity
    I too would like a bots only mode if only because sometimes it takes ages to find other players
  • dmdcsmdmdcsm Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    Agreed

• SJD1969SJD1969 Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Me too!