Newbie in need of advice — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Newbie in need of advice

courtneymooneycourtneymooney Posts: 1
NerveGear
Ive been bought rift and touch for Christmas but I'm having trouble setting up on my pc. All sensors are found but the HDMI is not.

I'm guessing that I need a better graphics card or similar, is there an easy way for me to check and upgrade if necessary ?

Thanks

Comments

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,752 Valuable Player
    Are you saying it doesn't even detect that the Rift is connected to the HDMI at all?  If so, that's strange. Have you been able to use that HDMI port for anything else?

And what Graphics Card are you using, currently?  I believe the recommended spec was a GTX 970 or a Radeon R9 290, but with the ASW tech out you should supposedly get away with something slightly weaker (though it isn't preferable)

If your card IS much older than one of those, my recommendation would be to watch eBay.  I got a great deal on a barely-used R9 290X on there. :)
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
    Trinity
    Do you have more than two monitors connected per chance? My Rift wouldn't work with HDMI while I had a multi-monitor AMD Eyefinity setup , I had to break it up into a single monitor via Display port and my Rift via HDMI