Does your touch controller "clack"? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Does your touch controller "clack"?

elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
edited December 2016 in General
Working on  the assumption that only people with problems make their vices heard, I thought I'd conduct a poll to see what the extent of this issue is.

Please take a moment to to record you touches condition below, feel free to post when to his started.

By "clacking" I'm referring to the sound of the trigger hitting plastic instead of the dampener that was their when it was new.

For the record mine both started "clacking" after 4 days of light use.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Does your touch controller "clack"? 45 votes

Yes - left only
8%
ramonEliteSPAkzintzijimmie33 4 votes
Yes - right only
31%
hoestereyNexiousVRsteveTheVenomwhoa182Greenfire32ApplecorpComic_Book_GuyTherealcrushaderXlordBphok1ngSchwinStonianZaikeNrooskie94 14 votes
Yes - both
11%
TarevonjayhawkelbofforFusionproKillCard 5 votes
No
46%
kojackxSTONEMANxnalex66DaftnDirectKillahsnailloregnumYoLolo69SteffenJokergod2000ThmoasClartHornet_F4CMr.CreepyelrealchiquiCrashFuAndrewJ71OpticKingZenbaneSadGamerDadbrpry171 21 votes
Mine make other noises but don't "clack". This also includes sticking and no longer working trigger buttons
2%
Wakizashi89 1 vote

Comments

• ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    Yes - right only
    So far just affecting my right controller......so far. Very loud compared to the almost silent left trigger.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,268 Valuable Player
    edited December 2016
    No
    No clacking or other noises over here. Hmm, although this one time I played Dead & Buried without underwear, and I think I heard clanging :#
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited December 2016
    Yes - left only
    Good threat, Im curious to see how many have the same issue, maybe we are the only unlucky people  :D

Edit: sorry mines is the right one...oops
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 486
    Trinity
    not noticed TBH ...too busy playing with myself to notice ?
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 800
    3Jane
    Yes - both
    both mine do it now, but you're crazy if you think I'm going to try and RMA them
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Yes - both
    Zenbane said:
    No clacking or other noises over here. Hmm, although this one time I played Dead & Buried without underwear, and I think I heard clanging :#
    Are you sure that wasn't someone walking in and fainting?

Not sure how i'd react if I walked into a room and saw a burly blindfolded texun displaying his junk
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Yes - both
    50/50 chance if me getting a good pair after RMA by the looks of it.
    I like those odds
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
    Trinity
    No
    Well my right controller trigger is clacking now..  clearly this is a common issue
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    No
    I've managed to be lucky somehow and both are mine are still dampened properly even after weeks of heavy daily use. *knocks on wood* I'll throw an update if this changes.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,268 Valuable Player
    No
    Both of mine do clack now. Not sure when it started. But they have had heavy use not just from myself, but also family and friends over the holidays. I don't see it as a problem, as it doesn't impact gameplay at all, and I can't hear the clacking while I'm actually gaming.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane