cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktops inside medium

Proskurinartwor
Honored Guest
Is there a way to get medium to show a desktop (or even more (multi desktop steup)) inside the workspace  
that would be an huge benefit for all design people that try to figure out a way to integrate medium into their workflow/pipeline

also it would project seriousness and show the visual design industry that it really makes sense to integrate medium, quill and vr workflows all together  
3 REPLIES 3

XlordB
Adventurer
yes but i doubt the dev will implement it as right now the program is memory intensive as it is never mind adding that to it. would be great if it was possible thought to switch oculus apps on the fly like bigscreen to medium etc 

tingham
Protege
I think a no-less valid approach would be to have these Oculus branded applications always have some form of desktop UI so you can perform clerical work without having the HMD on your face. I did some tests tonight with MODO and remeshing from Medium (which works fantastically btw) but I had to keep putting the headset on and removing it because there's no exposed UI on the Windows desktop.

I think that there needs to be a clear decision made about (which parts of the Oculus are the absolute best for some tasks) and where it really sucks badly (file management, keyboard interaction.) Trying to work with my desktop, as I'm used to it on a flat 2d plane, inside VR is just a horrible experience right now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
A desktop for Oculus Home or the Oculus menu would be nice. SteamVR has something like that for it's hub, though I don't think you can access it from inside a game.