cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Oculus Rift DK2 working?!

Sinekura
Honored Guest

Dear All,

My problem is to install the Oculus Rift DK2. I have fresh and updated Windows 8.1 x64 and with Microsoft driver My Oculus DK2 does identified as a second monitor and I can launch some games (but with sensor inactive as no Microsoft drivers, I guess).

But as soon as I install Oculus drivers (RunTime 0.8.0.0 or Newest from Oculus Home Setup), then there are no more Oculus as Second. I have only one PC monitor. Oculus headset then have the amber light.

USB 3.0 used.

I noticed that this problem may happen when I install latest Nvidia drivers.

Windows doesn't show any errors or "Unknown devices".

Does anybody can give me a helping suggestion?

My configuration:

CPU i5, RAM16GB, MB  Z97-PRO Gamer, Video GV-N970 IXOC-4GD, SSD

Thank you all in advance!

P.S. My ultimate goal is to launch Prepar3D via FlyInside.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
DK2 works with latest home 1.10.2
Just install as normal.
setup may not 'see' your usb or hdmi but just skip that setup step.
home will state that DK2 not supported but it still works fine
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
DK2 works with latest home 1.10.2
Just install as normal.
setup may not 'see' your usb or hdmi but just skip that setup step.
home will state that DK2 not supported but it still works fine
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

Sinekura
Honored Guest

Thank you, MystaMagoo!

It worked!! Without being displayed DK2 at Control Panel as a monitor it is working !! Just launched Prepar3D with FlyInside with no problem!

Sinekura
Honored Guest
Just wondering, is It possible somehow without destroying the success I have now (working Prepar3d w. FlyInside) to get within the System the Oculus Rift as a second monitor (now there is only my PC monitor), as if I launch regular games they starts at the monitor but not in Oculus Rift...

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
Your DK2 needs to be in the HDMI port then use one of the DVI ports to the monitor.

Sinekura
Honored Guest
Thanks for your response. This is what I have - Oculus in HDMI and PC monitor connected to DVI 😞

Sinekura
Honored Guest
There were no problem actually. As I found out I used to use the Oculus "old way" - when it was as the second monitor. Then all old games were running. But I had to use old drivers and new games didn't work. Now new games have no problem, which is key factor for me as I needed the Prepar3d. But old games aren't. Would be good to get them back, but as I learned I shall install RunTime switcher, then older Runtime etc... Too much hassle for me.
Thank you once again. I consider the problem to be solved!

wall_e_trolly
Honored Guest
On this topic i am having  a similar issue. My DK2s headset is not being detected at all. and this is recent. i was playing elite dangerous yesterday. i have re  installed the software to no avail. i can not remember if therer was a special process to run the DK2 and have tried a few different downloads from oculus. but when i install the runtimes. the oculus client becomes un availible. any help would be much appreciated.