Steam VR, Raw Data and Doom 3 artwork and Launchers for Oculus Home — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Steam VR, Raw Data and Doom 3 artwork and Launchers for Oculus Home

elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
edited January 2017 in General
Hi all,
I had a play with these and got them working nice.
I made the images myself (mostly) based on stock from the internet and good ol'photoshop, doom is tested with samsons mod, not tried the other yet.
hope you all like it
:)

How to install?
You have 2 options;
The preferred is Method 1 which will show in-game icons when you pause game for home etc and run the executable directly, for this to work your steam must be installed to C:\program files(x86)\steam
Method 2 will be launched via steam regardless of install location (as long as it's on your steam list)

Method 1 (best experience)
  1.     Download and install "Discovery VR" , "Abe VR" and "DISCOVR WA"
  2.     Extract the Oculus folder from D3-RD-SVR-OH-M1.zip and paste it in your program files folder (or the parent folder of where you have your Oculus Home installed)
  3.     When prompted to overwrite select yes to all

Method 2 (fail safe - should work for most users)
  1. Download and install "Discovery VR" , "Abe VR" and "DISCOVR WA"
  2. Extract the Oculus folder from https://us.v-cdn.net/6024342/uploads/editor/fk/l6zzxt3zc7uh.zip D3-RD-SVR-OH-M2.zip and paste it in your program files folder (or the parent folder of where you have your Oculus Home installed)
  3. When prompted to overwrite select yes to all

(Doom specific)
  • Delete or rename Doom3BFG.exe
  • Rename the Doom3BFGVR_FP_OculusNativeAlpha015.exe to Doom3BFG.exe

You can launch them both from within Oculus Home

Bugs,
I noticed samsons mod doesn't like to close properly, so you will have to kill the process when your done (much like IEYTD does for me)
You need to press the select button on the left controller when you launch steam VR to bring up big screen.

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Comments

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,061 Valuable Player
    Thanks for the effort, I will give that a try.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,891 Valuable Player
    Fantastic, thanks for this!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • SeargentMofoSeargentMofo Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Works fine, thank you!
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Updated to include Raw Data and also direct loading via the program executable (just makes everything run a bit nicer, and gives better imagery etc)
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    i have steam on a different drive. what do i need to edit to correct doom 3?
    you will need to use method 2 buddy, for some reason direct links to different drives doesn't seem to work (I had steam vr on a different drive too, and it just fails to load via method 1)
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    I just tried method 2, but do not see these games in the oculus library. Might have to try again.
    You have downloaded the free games first haven't you?
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    elboffor said:
    you will need to use method 2 buddy, for some reason direct links to different drives doesn't seem to work (I had steam vr on a different drive too, and it just fails to load via method 1)
    that worked. thanks
  • mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 796
    Neo
    Works great, thanks.
  • VetkinVetkin Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    Is it possible to delete all the other program files for DiscovrWA after copying the files from the zip over? I noticed the app is 2.3GB, which is a lot of wasted space for a shortcut. I also have Steam and Oculus installed on the same drive, but it's separate from my OS drive. I assume I'd still need to use method 2.

I don't own Raw Data or Doom so I'm mainly just wanting a way to easily start up SteamVR only games like Eleven: Table Tennis from within Oculus home.
    Yeah man.
    You only install them to start with so they appear in the list in oculus home.

I've already nullified my install directory. I suppose I could create a new pack with all the files spoofed with blank ones
  • VetkinVetkin Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    Nah no need to do that.  I just wanted to verify, thanks!
  • dannemandanneman Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Got this working a week ago, however the Logo for "parks-and-wildlife-discovr" still shows up within Oculus Home. I have replaced all 5 images in the StoreAssets-folder. There has to be a cache of the image somewhere... hmm...
  • SuperTuckSuperTuck Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    edited January 2017
    Okay. When I extract the second file Windows detects Malware. It didn't do this the first time I installed it so I think a Windows definition update allowed its detection. Check out this:

@cybereality @elboffor

Art3mis
    edited January 2017
    Hope this is just some kind of misidentification.
    edited January 2017
    Hey buddy, like I said on the pm all the executables are is a packaged bat file that runs the game executable. It's odd that it's found 2 as an issue and not all three.

Having read the message in your screenshot it seems about right. The command it's executing is to run the files lol
    Art3mis
    Just not exactly sure as I don't know how to unpackage these .exe to verify that is all it is doing. Can anyone else make me feel better about using these who is more tech saavy?
    Me too tbh, I used such a professional program to make them. Bat2exe Pro or some other bruhaha lol.