cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height/Floor level changes mid use and when starting using Rift with 3 Sensors

Jake762x51
Explorer
Me and many others from the Oculus subreddit are having the same problem see here : 
https://de.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5m553j/oculus_rift_3_sensor_height_bug_possible_fix/

So many times during use i see that there is a shift of like 5-20 centimeters of floor level height shift and often when i start using the Rift for the first time in a day. Re-calibrating the floor height via the device options works but i have to do this almost every time i use the Rift. I assure you 100% that my sensors are mounted perfectly and don't get touched or moved at all. Still this shift of height occurs randomly.

42 REPLIES 42

Dragonfrost
Protege
@cybereality

Please could we have an update on whether or not this bug will be fixed? There's been multiple posts on this forum about it, is this something that will likely be fixed in the next update? 

Dragonfrost
Protege
After testing this thoroughly it's definitely to do with the sensors not being in sync properly with each other when switching over the position of the headset and the touch controllers.

I've tested taking out the headset cable and plugging it back in and re-trying but the Touch Controllers are the first to start glitching position and height then eventually the rift will glitch in position and height.

MrPark94
Protege
i also have this problem with 3 sensors.. in home and some games like superhot,everything works fine.. but most of the time.. The Blu is a great example.. much skipping etc.. especialy when turning to 3rd camera..
I had alot of problems when i put all my related oculus usb in the inateck card.. to the steate the rift is unusable..
I now have the 2 front facing cameras in the inateck card.. the 3r one in usb 2.0 on my moba... and the hmd itselff in usb 3.0 also on my moba..
i do get a wirelles sync error on one of the sensors.. but when i activate the hmd..it disapears..and everything works.... except for the mentioned skipping... i have sensor issius from day one.. sometimes they disapear for a while..but for me it has been a very bumpy road with oculus... 

Thot
Protege
Are your sensor upside down ? If yes try to install them high head

Jake762x51
Explorer
They are mounted correctly with the sensor part on top.

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, I was not aware of this before. Can you all please share your LogGatherer logs so I can look into the program further? Thanks.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

will84
Expert Protege
I thought you said that the engineers were looking into at the beginning of December? @cybereality

It is where the camera's are jumping around, video's have been posted showing it in deskscene.

Grimfist
Protege
I have this problem too with 3 sensor.