cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right hand tracking going out over time, and getting worse (w/Log File)

Cavendish
Explorer
It started out that my tracking would start degrading after 2 hours of play. The right hand would start drifting and twitching slightly and slowly become worse to the point of jumping about and randomly flying off into oblivion. Restarting the Oculus service clears everything up and the cycle begins again.

Just recently The tracking has been degrading at a faster rate, 30 minutes and some times as soon as 5.

Note that when this happens the headset and left hand(thank god I'm a lefty) track perfectly. It as only been the right hand. I have 2 sensors in opposite corners of the room 15 ft apart for a 9x9 play space and are mounted upside down looking downward.

I put a lot of hours of play in today so this log file should be loaded with all my pain and frustrations.
9 REPLIES 9

EliteSPA
Superstar

It started out that my tracking would start degrading after 2 hours of play. The right hand would start drifting and twitching slightly and slowly become worse to the point of jumping about and randomly flying off into oblivion. Restarting the Oculus service clears everything up and the cycle begins again.

Just recently The tracking has been degrading at a faster rate, 30 minutes and some times as soon as 5.

Note that when this happens the headset and left hand(thank god I'm a lefty) track perfectly. It as only been the right hand. I have 2 sensors in opposite corners of the room 15 ft apart for a 9x9 play space and are mounted upside down looking downward.

I put a lot of hours of play in today so this log file should be loaded with all my pain and frustrations.

Remove the battery and insert it again.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable
And how often are we supposed to do that? Oculus need to get their shit together and fix this, because it's starting to get ridiculous now. Over a month and I still don't have a fully functioning product, but they still have my $200

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
I get this too, as do many others. Hopefully Oculus will find a fix soon.

@EliteSPA : Do we have to remove the battery every time it goes haywire? If so, this is no better than just restarting the Oculus software.

YoLolo69
Trustee
Some users detected a possible problem when Oculus Home report amount of battery left in our Touch, and drifting problem happening after a while could come from this with batteries slowly dying. Try inserting new batteries or proceed like they suggested above. I guess restarting home or removing/inserting them give some rest to them for a while so things goes better during a certain time.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Batteries are not the problem

Gloom6
Explorer
Indeed, happens with new batteries as well. It is a lot easier to just quickly remove/replace the battery than to restart Oculus Home entirely, don't even need to quit your game.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It could be a Windows thing caused by a recent update. Same thing happened to me. There's a thread around here with the solution, but I'm too lazy to search lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually yesterday it solved itself for me when I went into the Oculus menu and cleared the notifications in there. I'm not sure if that was coincidental or that triggered something, will have to try again

Jacobyte
Honored Guest
Hi.
Had a prob with my right hand touch controller and was given these instructions from Oculus Support.
They didn't work for me but i guess it's worth a try

Elena
  • Ensure there is nothing interfering with the Sensor’s view.
    • Examples are: objects, people, roaming pets, etc.
  • Unplug/replug both Sensors, restart Oculus Home, and try again.
  • Remove and reinstall the battery on each controller.
    • Leave the batteries removed for 1 minute before reinstalling. This will reset the wireless link.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?