cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Sensors? - Tracking issues? - Log your details here

elboffor
Consultant
Everyone with 4 sensors,
Can you please post logs here and detail your setup like I have below?
The aim of this is not to bitch or moan, but give as much detail to the dev team as possible, I don't suggest we alter our setups, but instead give a true reflection of how we are using our rift.
I will be uploading logs after each gaming session, please do the same.

@cybereality,
Can you pass these on to the devs please? if there is any more detail required then please let us know.
As with most people that have 4 sensors i've got a small tracking issue.
on first run it's relatively flawless (but only because i have all 4 on usb 3.0)
After that it gets a little choppy (as in if you take off the headset or what have you).
It's not game breaking but dam annoying.

You will see in the logs the difference I'm sure.

The only reason i get a little bit of glitching and not the ridiculus loss of frames is because I have OVRserver_x64 priority set to real time (permanenty set using Process Hacker 2). Without that it would be unplayable.

Set up is as follows:

SensorPostitionExtentionUSB Slot
HMDHead 😉2m usb 3.0 passive extentioninateck card USB 3.0
sensor 1front left3m usb 3.0 passive extentioninateck card USB 3.0
sensor 2front rightno extentionmobo usb 3.0
sensor 3back right5m USB 3.0 active extentionmobo USB 3.0
sensor 4back left10m USB 3.0 active extentioninateck card USB 3.0

I've tried with the USB 2.0 for sensors 3 and 4 but i get the spiraling hand nonesence (on the left touch) as well as the issues described above.

Here are the dimensions of my setup
ta44r484opth.png
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.
8 REPLIES 8

will84
Expert Protege
If it's not game breaking or annoying don't worry about :smile:

elboffor
Consultant

will84 said:

If it's not game breaking or annoying don't worry about :smile:

erm,
it's not behaving the way it should, so i'm reporting it so it can be improved on.
it doesnt happen with 3 sensors so I'm sure reporting it is what oculus would prefer

kevink808
Superstar
I have four sensors mounted, but I just am not motivated enough to do anything about the 4th when honestly three work 99% perfect for me for roomscale.  Right now, I need a 4th about as much as I need a 5th.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

elboffor
Consultant
5 would be awesome

elboffor
Consultant
well, after having a flawless first session (the first boot I had after changing my extentions to USB 3.0) I've just had my worst.
height movement, spiralling hands, glitching to high hell!!

logs are attached, might have to drop to usb 2.0 for the rear sensors i think and maybe even back to only 3 😕

well directly after writing this I checked task manager and had a background app using 25% cpu (dafuq!)
so that got killed, i put the headset back on and other than one or 2 minor glitches, it was pretty dam good 🙂

elboffor
Consultant
ok im resurecting this thread since the latest update.

I've also had a change in setup (bought a second inatech card), and use the script at the base of the page (copy it all and paste to notepad, save as whatever.bat if you like it) to make sure power options are all set.

my setup is now as follows:

SensorPostitionExtentionUSB Slot
HMDHead Ugreen 2m usb 3.0 passive extentioninateck card 1 USB 3.0
sensor 1front leftUgreen 3m usb 3.0 passive extentioninateck card 1 USB 3.0
sensor 2front rightno extentioninateck card 1 USB 3.0
sensor 3back rightUgreen 5m USB 3.0 active extentioninateck card 2 USB 3.0
sensor 4back leftUgreen 10m USB 3.0 active extentioninateck card 2 USB 3.0

also log attached from my last session (only watched the dear angelica video, will add more as time goes on)

it looks as though the laggy hands after sleep problem is fixed (and was the only issue i was bothered about) but would be good for all you trail blazers with 4 sensors to post everything in one place. then we can have a clear outline of what does and doesnt work!

the way to get the laggy hands to dissapear is as follows:
  1. run full set up with 3 sensors
  2. restart
  3. plug in sensor number 4
  4. enjoy being 1337 as fuck and having minimal occlusion
  1. run set up with all 4 sensors plugged in (found this out when bug fixing, odd it never worked first time but hey ho)
bugs i've exerpienced so far:
  1. When having my hands on my lap in home in an area i would normally get the flying hands issue (sat at my desk with maximum LED blockage), i noticed the entire virtual world moving, however it did move back.
  2. Every now and then in dear angelica, my guradian walls would flash up for a fraction of a second. i was nowhere near the edg of my play space each time.
Oh yeah, and @cybereality, is this useful?
You never replied to the previous tag in the OP.

EDIT
for anyone wondering why i have tripple posted (i would normally never tolerate such nonesence) it's because each entry is to serve as a timeline for when issue arrise, as well as replies and such.

;@echo off
;Findstr -rbv ; %0 | powershell -c -
;goto:sCode

#Requires -Version 3.0
#Requires -RunAsAdministrator

# This script will disable all USB power saving settings on the system, in particular those associated with the Oculus Rift or Fresco Logic controllers.
# It should run fine on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
# If you have Windows 7, you will need to update Powershell first. Download and install (in order):
# 1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642
# 2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40855

# To run:
# Save the script as 'OculusUSBfix.ps1' somewhere. Open the file's properties and check 'Unblock' and click Apply.
# Go to Start, Windows Powershell, right click and select 'Run as administrator'.
# Type 'Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned' once to be able to run PowerShell scripts (Or 'Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted' if you did not unblock the file.)
# Go to the folder where you saved the script and run it.

# These are the USB hardware IDs that we want to disable the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' setting on.
# If you want to disable another USB devices power management, go to device manager, the properties of the device, details tab, Device ID / instance path, and copy the 'VID_nnnn&PID_nnnn' (Vendor ID and Product ID) to the following list. VID_2833 is Oculus VR LLC.
$DeviceIDs = (
"VID_2833&PID_0211", # Oculus Rift Sensor
"VID_2833&PID_0330", # Oculus Rift HMD
"VID_2833&PID_0031", # Oculus Rift HMD
"ROOT_HUB_FL30" # Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Root Hub
)

# The script starts here.
Write-Output "Starting script to fix Oculus Rift related USB power problems, and tune Fresco Logic USB settings."
Write-Output "This script will not check USB driver versions or fix any physical issues. If the problem persists, the following may help:"
Write-Output "- Check if you are running known good USB controller drivers or update them to a newer version."
Write-Output "- Mount the sensors right-side-up."
Write-Output "- Do not connect more than 2 sensors to the same USB controller on USB3 ports. Either use an extra card with USB3 ports, use USB2 ports, or use a USB2 extension cable."
Write-Output "- Test without USB and HDMI extension cables."
Write-Output "- Temporarily disconnect unneeded USB devices (The dongle for the Xbox controller is known to be bad about sharing the USB bus)."
Write-Output "- Close down any software that might be using the CPU in the background while you play. (Steam, Origin, Battle.net, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)."

# To track if we make changes anywhere.
$ChangesMade = $False
$IsRebootRequired=$False

# Initiate a CIM session to use in the following CIM commands.
Try {
$CIM_Session = New-CimSession -ErrorAction Stop
} catch {
Throw "Could not establish a CIM session. The script cannot run."
}

# If the 'USB 3 Link Power Management' option is currently hidden.
$RegPath = "Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3\d4e98f31-5ffe-4ce1-be31-1b38b384c009"
# If the USB 3 Link Power Management option exists (Windows 7 does not have this setting, so we cannot set it.)
If ( Test-Path $RegPath ) {
If ( (Get-ItemProperty -Path $RegPath).Attributes -ne 2 ) {
Write-Output "Unhiding the 'USB 3 Link Power Management' option in 'Power Options', 'Edit Plan settings', 'Change advanced power settings', 'USB Settings'."
Set-ItemProperty -Path $RegPath -Name "Attributes" -Value 2
# We made a change. Track this.
$ChangesMade = $True
}
}

# Get the currently active power plan.
$CurrentPowerPlan = $PowerPlans | Where-Object { $_.IsActive }

# Make a list of power plans in the system. We are mainly interested in the current power plan, the 'High Powerformance' power plan that the oculus changes to.
If ( $CurrentPowerPlan.InstanceID -like "*{a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a}" ) {
# If the current power plan is the "Power Saver" power plan we are going to change all the power plans.
$PowerPlans = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName Win32_PowerPlan -Namespace "root\cimv2\power"
} Else {
# If the current power plan is not the "Power Saver" power plan we can exclude it from our list.
$PowerPlans = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName Win32_PowerPlan -Namespace "root\cimv2\power" | Where-Object { $_.InstanceID -notlike "*{a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a}" }
}

# For each power plan in our list of power plans.
Foreach ( $PowerPlan in $PowerPlans ) {
# Get the currently configured 'USB selective suspend setting' under power options.
$FilterString = "%$(($PowerPlan.InstanceID).SubString(($PowerPlan.InstanceID).Length-38))%AC%{48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226}"
$USBSuspendSetting = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName Win32_PowerSettingDataIndex -Namespace "root\cimv2\power" -Filter "InstanceID like '$FilterString'"

# If 'USB selective suspend setting' is currently enabled.
If ( $USBSuspendSetting.SettingIndexValue -ne 0 ) {
Write-Output "Changing 'Power Options', '$($PowerPlan.ElementName)', 'Change (current) plan settings', 'Change advanced power settings', 'USB settings', 'USB selective suspend setting' to Disabled."
$USBSuspendSetting | Set-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -Property @{SettingIndexValue = 0}
# If this power plan is the currently active power plan.
If ( $PowerPlan.IsActive ) {
Write-Output "Reactivating power plan $($PowerPlan.ElementName) to ensure our change is applied right now."
$return = Invoke-CimMethod -CimSession $Cim_Session -InputObject $PowerPlan -MethodName Activate -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
If ( !$return ) {
Throw "There was an error while applying the power policy change."
}
}
$ChangesMade = $True
}

# Get the currently configured 'USB 3 Link Power Mangement' under power options.
$FilterString = "%$(($PowerPlan.InstanceID).SubString(($PowerPlan.InstanceID).Length-38))%AC%{d4e98f31-5ffe-4ce1-be31-1b38b384c009}"
$USBLinkPowerManagementSetting = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName Win32_PowerSettingDataIndex -Namespace "root\cimv2\power" -Filter "InstanceID like '$FilterString'"

# If the USB 3 Link Power Management option exists (Windows 7 does not have this setting, so we cannot set it.)
If ( $USBLinkPowerManagementSetting ) {
# If 'USB 3 Link Power Mangement' is not set to 'Off'
If ( $USBLinkPowerManagementSetting.SettingIndexValue -ne 0 ) {
Write-Output "Changing 'Power Options', '$($PowerPlan.ElementName)', 'Change (current) plan settings', 'Change advanced power settings', 'USB settings', 'USB 3 Link Power Mangement' to Off."
$USBLinkPowerManagementSetting | Set-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -Property @{SettingIndexValue = 0}
# If this power plan is the currently active power plan.
If ( $PowerPlan.IsActive ) {
Write-Output "Reactivating power plan $($PowerPlan.ElementName) to ensure our change is applied right now."
$return = Invoke-CimMethod -CimSession $Cim_Session -InputObject $PowerPlan -MethodName Activate -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
If ( !$return.ReturnValue ) {
Throw "There was an error while applying the power policy change."
}
}
$ChangesMade = $True
}
}
}

# Get a list of all the USB devices in the system so we can find user friendly names.
$USBDevices = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $CIM_Session -ClassName Win32_PnPEntity -Namespace "root\cimv2"

# Get a list of all devices with power management in the system.
$PowerDevices = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -ClassName "MSPower_DeviceEnable" -Namespace "root\wmi"

# For each device with power management in the system.
Foreach ( $PowerDevice in $PowerDevices ) {
# Check against the entire list of DeviceIDs defined at the beginning of the script.
Foreach ( $DeviceID in $DeviceIDs ) {
$PowerDeviceUpperCase = $PowerDevice.InstanceName.ToUpper()
$DeviceIDUpperCase = $DeviceID.ToUpper()
# Find where the USB device is the power device.
If ( "$PowerDeviceUpperCase" -like "*$DeviceIDUpperCase*" ) {
# If 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is enabled.
If ( $PowerDevice.Enable ) {
# Retrieve the name of the USB device so we can display a user friendly name.
$USBDevice = $USBDevices | Where-Object { $_.DeviceID -eq ($PowerDevice.InstanceName -replace "_0$") }
$USBDeviceName = $USBDevice.Name
Write-Output "Disabling 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power', under 'Device Manager', '$USBDeviceName', 'Properties'."
$PowerDevice | Set-CimInstance -CimSession $Cim_Session -Property @{Enable = $False}
$ChangesMade = $True
}
}
}
}

# If a driver for a Fresco Logic FL1xxx USB controller is installed.
If ( Test-Path -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters ) {
# If the U1U2LowPower registry setting does not exist or is not set to disabled (0).
If ( (Get-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters).U1U2LowPower -ne 0 ) {
Write-Output "Adding registry key 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters\U1U2LowPower' to disable low power states for Fresco Logic USB controllers."
Try {
New-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters -Name U1U2LowPower -PropertyType DWORD -Value 0 -Force | Out-Null
} catch {
Throw "Could not create registry key."
}
$ChangesMade = $true
# A registry setting change will not be picked up by the driver until the computer is rebooted. Track this.
$IsRebootRequired = $true
}
# If the BulkInRingBuffers does not exist is not set to decimal 256.
If ( (Get-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters).BulkInRingBuffers -ne 256 ) {
Write-Output "Adding registry key 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters\BulkInRingBuffers' to increase buffers for Fresco Logic USB controllers."
Try {
New-ItemProperty -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters -Name BulkInRingBuffers -PropertyType DWORD -Value 256 -Force | Out-Null
} catch {
Throw "Could not create registry key."
}
$ChangesMade = $true
# A registry setting change will not be picked up by the driver until the computer is rebooted. Track this.
$IsRebootRequired = $true
}
}

# If we made any change.
If ( $ChangesMade ) {
If ( $IsRebootRequired ) {
Write-Output "Changes were applied. Due to changes in the registry for the Fresco Logic USB controller driver a REBOOT IS REQUIRED before the changes take effect."
} Else {
Try {
Write-Output "Restarting the Oculus VR Runtime Service to ensure it works okay."
# We restart the Oculus VR Runtime only if a reboot of the computer isn't required.
Get-Service -Name "OVRService" -ErrorAction Stop | Restart-Service -ErrorAction Stop
Write-Output "Changes were applied. No reboot is required."
} catch {
Write-Output "WARNING: Could not restart the Oculus VR Runtime Service. You may have to reboot before the changes take effect."
}
}
} Else {
Write-Output "No changes were needed."
}

# Close the CIM session.
Remove-CimSession -CimSession $CIM_Session -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

;:sCode
;echo done
;pause & goto :eof

elboffor
Consultant
ok so just played a bit of the lagfall open beta, but housten, we have a problem!

unlikje mst who got taller, looks like i got shorter 😕

also, my system thinks i've moved to the corner of my room as my guardian was up in front and to the left of me, and i was facing the wrong way in OH even though i was sat at my desk (which is facing forward and slightly yto the right on my play space.

logs attached for the last hour

elboffor
Consultant
hmmm, 5th post in a row by me :#
 hey ho, this will serve as a good timeline if nothing else.

I've raised a ticket and support havent suggested any resolve other than checking my drivers are upto date and refering me to the generic setup help files (i've clearly followed all those) so i've asked my ticket is kept open until a resolve is in place (most likely the next patch or the one after etc etc)

anywho, another hour gaming done so another set of logs

toodle pip all