Just wanted to verify something. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Just wanted to verify something.

RickBlackerRickBlacker Posts: 6
NerveGear
The gear you can buy on some place like Amazon is the same gear you buy directly from Oculus... And if I purchase from Amazon I can use that same gear to develop against... Do I understand that correctly?

Thanks

Comments

• TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    The gear you can buy on some place like Amazon is the same gear you buy directly from Oculus... And if I purchase from Amazon I can use that same gear to develop against... Do I understand that correctly?

Thanks
    Yes?  Though to clarify, when you say gear do you mean the Gear, the Rift or Rift accessories?
  • RickBlackerRickBlacker Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Ah... Sorry, yes the Rift and Rift accessories.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited January 2017
    Yes, it's the same hardware available on Oculus and various retailers or stores. At least in terms of the base product (Rift). Some accessories may only be sold from Oculus right now. And you can develop with the consumer Rift. There is no need for a separate developer version. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • RickBlackerRickBlacker Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.