cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Questions on Rift Errors

The_Hardboiled_
Protege
Two questions regarding errors on the Rift. Neither of these happened to me, but to separate people I know that have purchased the Rift. I have referred them to Oculus Support, but have no way to know if they have followed through.

1. On the Oculus store, when attempting to purchase any games only an error message was received. No games were downloaded and nothing was charged. Games that were free or pre-ordered downloaded perfectly. Is this a store or credit card issue, or both?

2. The Rift headset froze on the loading screen of a game. The background music and sound effects of the game continued to play, but the visuals stuck on the black screen and hourglass. This happened multiple times, so it wasn't a one-time glitch. My guess was that there was something wrong with the HDMI connection to the Rift headset, but I can't say for sure.

Is there a solution for either of these? I would like to know more info in case I run into any similar errors. Any knowledge would be appreciative.
2 REPLIES 2

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
1.  What was the error message?

2.  Was the game's window on your screen active or was there some message on the screen?  If there was something wrong with the HDMI connection you'd likely see nothing at all.

The_Hardboiled_
Protege
Remember, neither of these errors happened to me. For clarification, I'm one of the Brand Ambassadors and have gotten a few people coming up to me for some support issues. Sometimes it's simple, but these two times were not. Not having any visual cues doesn't help. I try to point them here, but I never fully know if they check the site or forums.

1. I'm not exactly sure. I was told it stated "Error Message" and a string of numbers. Not sure if there is a similar message or not.

2. No message was on the screen. It was pitch black with only the hourglass. Oculus Home was affected in the same way. The computer was attached to a Smart TV instead of a monitor, if that helps in any way.