cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th sensor

SomeoneNamedBob
Sightseer
Ok just got my 4th sensor went to plug it in. Tried to run tracking setup it says the tracking is poor. Also it no longer detects my headset hdmi or usb. All plugs are in properly also the 4 sensors and headset are all plugged into my usb chip, not usp hud it is a usb card that fits 3 usb 3.0 help please

13 REPLIES 13

SomeoneNamedBob
Sightseer
Fits 5 usb 3.0

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Just about everyone is having 4th sensor problems have tried many fixes to no avail.mine looses tracking of touch after the headset sleeps amd is woken.only unplugging the headset usb or 4th sensor usb then plugging back in solves this atm

SomeoneNamedBob
Sightseer
Plugging and unplugging had no effect it no longer detects my headset

Fahrenuf
Explorer
Move two sensors to a USB 2 controller. This configuration is recommended by Oculus. You might be overloading your USB 3 controller.

kevink808
Superstar
This horse has been beaten.  Use the search function.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

SomeoneNamedBob
Sightseer
Moved 2 sensors now it wont detect the controlles when i hold at eye level and squeeze triggers

elboffor
Consultant
Just keep repeating pressing the trigger.
It will work eventually.

As for swapping to USB 2.0, I wouldn't bother, keep with 3.0 but have 2 sensors on your mobo usb 3.0 and headset/2 sensors on your adding card.
Just  make sure you are using active usb 3.0 extentions for anything above 3m
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Socko
Honored Guest
I had issues with 2 sensors on my z170 usb on occasion. The issue with stuff intermitantly disconnecting is a usb or pcie link saturation issue from what I have found. With 3 sensors on usb 3.0 i got it 100% of the time. As the pcie 3.0 1x link the usb is attached to the pch with is good for 1000mB/s it makes sense 2 sensors could theoreticly saturate it. 

Having a vr room that is away from my computer everything is on extensions. Even 6' passive would have issues, and the 16' active would occationally require me to plug and unplug the headset. I just got a Sonnet 4 port pci-e 2.0 4x usb 3.0 card with 4 seperate fresco controllers, one per port. Plugged in the 4 cameras on that, and now i have no issues. Everything works how you would think it should. Headset is on the onboard usb along with keyboard/mouse and peripherals. 

If you are running 4 cameras you are already over 1k into the project may as well just bite the bullet and buy the $110 usb card and be done with the nonsense. It is available at amazon so if it doesn't work for you just return it. The only way i could see it being problematic is if you have an older chipset with dmi 2.0 at which point I would expect you will saturate your dmi bandwidth. But it should work if you put it in a video card slot i imagine?

EDIT: Be aware that by doing this i increased my pch temp 10c and cpu load pretty dramaticly when i run vr. My computer isn't in the vr room so it works for me but fans spin up just showing oculus home. So be aware if you are over clocked and possibly not stable its possible you may uncover some issues with this card and 4 cameras. 

Edit 2: I had the regular inateck card for the 3rd and 4th camera and was still having issues. Which is what pushed me down this road.

Make sure you add/edit the 2 lines in the registry for any fresco card as it seems that it universally helps. 

paulohotline
Explorer
Hey I am going to swap out this card with my Intec and see if it helps. Amazon.ca sells it for $59.36 US

https://www.amazon.ca/Sonnet-Allegro-4-Port-Windows-Compatible/dp/B00GRGCV2G/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF...
[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389] http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"