Deus Ex: Mankind Divided VR Experience — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided VR Experience

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,088 Valuable Player
I'm downloading this now:
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/526180/

Discover four iconic environments from Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, for the first time in virtual reality. Take in the stunning level of detail of locations from Dubai and Golem City, as well as Adam Jensen’s apartment, powered by the Dawn Engine and the franchise’s renowned art direction. The Deus Ex VR Experience also lets you examine up-close a selection of 3D models of main characters and NPCs from the game.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
Tagged:

Comments

• kevink808kevink808 Posts: 803
    3Jane
    "Look, don't touch." Got it.
    Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Awesome. Will check this as soon as I get home.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,088 Valuable Player
    Being able to walk up to the character models was pretty darn cool. The environment and assets is fantastic.

Although overall the image quality was lacking. A bit grainy, almost like walkthrough through a 360 video. This is just a VR Experience, not a VR Game demo. I have no doubt that a full blown Deus Ex VR Game would be breathtaking. This particular VR Experience reminded me of Technolust, with lesser graphic quality.

Still nice to be able to go through these areas in VR. Plus, it's free :)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,560 Valuable Player
    edited January 2017
    Nice find, downloading now thanks. It's easy to forget about these things that were announced a while back. It will be interesting to see if the quality is better or worse than play DE:MD in 3D using Tridef and at 4K.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • agenttoffagenttoff Posts: 325
    Trinity
    I was very unimpressed.  I'm a fan of Deus Ex too, so it was even more disappointing.  Super grainy, desaturated, and the scene warps / distorts as you look around.  
  • AmphetamineAmphetamine Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    Well, that's very interesting. Ran super smooth and looked great on Ultra with automatic res scaling turned off. You can certainly see the signs that the assets have come straight out of a game intended to be played on a flat screen. There's some scale problems with the levels although the character models seem spot on. All the keyboards and chairs along with that electric hob in Jensen's apartment felt oversized. The textures are a little incoonsistant in terms of their resolution but I'll overlook that since this is a fun little freebie. Overall it's got a good atmosphere and some very nice detail in places.

If they were to make the whole of the Prague map into a playable product where you could wander around, talk to people, get given some missions revolving around puzzles, hacking, detective work, etc, increased the quality of the textures and made the detailing consistant then I'd have no problem with paying for something like that. I don't think that the main game as it stands would port over directly to VR in a good way though.

Anyway, it's probably unlikely that Squenix would be willing to put the time into making something of that scale given the number of headsets that are out there but we can dream!
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    Yeah I will be downloading it when i get off work....it looks nice.  About how long is the experience?

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,088 Valuable Player
    Well, that's very interesting. Ran super smooth and looked great on Ultra with automatic res scaling turned off.
    Yet another post that makes me wanna upgrade my 980! :o
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,560 Valuable Player
    I was impressed with this also. Some nice scenes here but you can clearly see they removed so many of the nice graphical effects to make it run smoothly. That said, I would certainly play a full game like this even with the slight warping effect you get when looking around - although I already did in a way when I played the entire game in VR using Tridef. As I've said numerous times before, the differences between the 3D experience using the VR headset with the screen up close so the characters appear life sized versus a true VR experience isn't that great actually. I think if we can up the res and comfortably play in 4K/8K in 3D using tools like Tridef then this would be a massive step forwards in immersive gameplay.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • AmphetamineAmphetamine Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    Yeah I will be downloading it when i get off work....it looks nice.  About how long is the experience?

As long as you want it to be really, you can keep looking around and move on to the next area whenever you choose.... I took about 20 minutes.