cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rise Of Flight Positional Tracking

IllLouMalnatis
Honored Guest
This is undoubtedly the best experience I've had in the rift thus far. I can't imagine positional head tracking getting much better than this. It really feels like flying.

Pitch aside, here's how.

3D:

Tridef Experimental Oculus Support. Use this gentleman's profile: http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=262

Here are my settings for good, life size 3D in the rift. Right click and open image in new tab to see the settings.

Head Tracking:

Opentrack will be used for X, Y and Z Positional Tracking with the Hydra and Tridef will be used for Yaw, Pitch and Roll.

Opentrack - Use only the Hydra as your master source. Use Free Track 2.0 as the game protocol. Under settings, tick "start Dummy TrackIR" and "Use only TrackIR". In the "Shortcuts" menu, use "enter" as your centering key.

Curves and positions for Hydra:

Tridef Tracking -

Right click and open image in new tab to see the settings.

Head Tracking Procedure:

1. Start opentrack with these settings for master source:

2. Start Rise Of Flight from Tridef Ignition

3. Go into a game (into a cockpit).

4. Alt+Tab back to Opentrack onto the Desktop, stop tracking and change the settings for the Master Source to this:

5. Start Opentrack tracking again.

6. Alt+Tab back into game and wallah! Excellent (if not absolute) positional tracking

Disable mouse acceleration in game options. Use the mouse to re-center tracking if drifting occurs.

I think that should do it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Have fun!
1 REPLY 1

moo10032
Honored Guest
Hey I tried all of your setting to get this to work (minus the hydra controller I don't have that) and the head tracking is like really weird I feel like I would barf with it lol like fish eye vision or something and I have no clue how to setup the right values