HD Stereo 360 Panoramas with GearVR — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HD Stereo 360 Panoramas with GearVR

soyguillesoyguille Posts: 7
NerveGear
Hy 

I have sold my Rift ( gaming device ) and get GearVR + Galaxy S7 because my principal interest is to work - play with 3D pictures - panorama - tours , but all in stereo environment.

I have not seen any resolution improvement on Rift over GearVR + S7 and my principal goal by now is to show stereo panoramas at max quality-resolution posible.

So ... which apps do you suggest to play with ?

I will like also the option to insert my own stereo pictures, with app should allow me to do that ? 

Thanks for your comments 

Best Answer

Answers

• mlearmonthmlearmonth Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    I also work and play with stereo and panoramic photos, and so far the best viewing app that I have found is the 3D/VR Stereo Photo Viewer from Tekla at:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andymodla.apps.vrstereophotoviewer&hl=en

The purchased app has a zoom in/zoom out capability and will accommodate 2 chips (stereo photo pair) at a maximum of 8096X8096 pixels.

The free version of the app doesn't have the zoom and remote control capabilities.
  • soyguillesoyguille Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I also work and play with stereo and panoramic photos, and so far the best viewing app that I have found is the 3D/VR Stereo Photo Viewer from Tekla at:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andymodla.apps.vrstereophotoviewer&hl=en

The purchased app has a zoom in/zoom out capability and will accommodate 2 chips (stereo photo pair) at a maximum of 8096X8096 pixels.

The free version of the app doesn't have the zoom and remote control capabilities.

Looks promising , I will try it on GearVR  with my own staff .....

Thanks for sharing your experience.

NerveGear
    I have not inserted panos , but looks like it doesn't , I am also looking for 360 stereo panoramas support.
  • PerformaVRPerformaVR Posts: 7
    NerveGear

relaxculus, how do you get 15 sec intervals in the 360photos app?

thanks,

NerveGear

I'm also interested in it.

Does this Tekla viewer support 360 panoramas?

Does it support GearVR gyro and low persistence mode?

If not, i wont buy.

Now i use the default 360Photos app with 15sec slideshow mode.

Works great, sharpness is the best! But i like to customize myself (disable touch controls, specify delay time, add music, narration, etc).

Such an app exist?!

I have asked to Tekla support, author has answered talking about this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.edusys.unitysubclass&hl=en

PSViewer for Google Cardboard

I hope to test soon both of them and tell experiences
  • relaxculusrelaxculus Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist

relaxculus, how do you get 15 sec intervals in the 360photos app?

thanks,

you dont have to do anything. if more photos are in a folder and you select one, slideshow start automatically.
    NerveGear
    Agree best crisp results for 3D 360 is 360Photos app for Gear VR.

Not easy to find documentation so ...

8192px wide and top down in jpg  I get grate results on my S7.

Create a 360Photos folder in Oculus and put files there, the go in the app to My Photos section and you can browse them.

I will like to set Info - Tags on Pictures , but I don't know how :(

The windows soft that helps me to position UP DOWN is stphmkre
  • ruud3DVruud3DV Posts: 17 Oculus Start Member
    When you use Pano2VR for your panoramic tours, you could take a look at VR Tourviewer, made with Unity3D according to Oculus specs for VR: http://www.vrtourviewer.com/forum/index.php?topic=23.0

It's still in beta but you can easily get a beta version to test if this is what you need.