Solus Project with Touch — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Solus Project with Touch

zbosonzboson Posts: 994 Poster of the Week
I tried the Solus Project for the first time last night. I played it for maybe 15 minutes. But I did not manage to get the Touch controllers working with it. It only seemed to work with the xbox controllers. I tried both experimental steam VR and oculus VR mode (they are both options when you launch the game from steam). I also selected the option in settings to use the Vive controllers. Is it possible to use Touch with The Solus Project?
Tagged:

Comments

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,003 Valuable Player
    At the moment no, it works with Xbox, Keyboard and to some extent Vive Controllers. Although they say the touch support is coming but god knows when. At the moment mine is gathering dust until it does.
  • zbosonzboson Posts: 994 Poster of the Week
    That's too bad. From what little I played of the game I was seriously impressed. Maybe I should play it with the xbox controller anyway? Well I don't have time for that so I guess I'll wait.

I'm starting to realize that Steam VR games made for the Vive don't necessarily work so well with the Rift.
  • AmphetamineAmphetamine Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    There's a beta that you can access for touch, the code for it is in one of the steam forum threads about touch.
    edited January 2017
    There's a beta that you can access for touch, the code for it is in one of the steam forum threads about touch.
    If you could add that link to your response that would be awesome!

Edit:  my first search "Solus Project with Touch" turned up the link to my question I just asked!

Maybe you mean this
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/313630/discussions/0/1843493219419986497/
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 1,078
    Wintermute
    edited January 2017
    zboson said:
    I'm starting to realize that Steam VR games made for the Vive don't necessarily work so well with the Rift.
    Yea, there are some games that are borderline acceptable ... Onward isnt too bad. Trickster somehow still works amazingly. Table Top Simulator, the tracking issues are frustrating but due to the pace its workable.

In general though SteamVR's Oculus Support is just pure garbage, and the fact that it sits on top of Oculus Home AND on Top of the Game its running just creates performance nightmares.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,003 Valuable Player
    From what I hear the Vive integration is not that great either. Good to know there is a beta, I'll give that a try.
  • killdozerkilldozer Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    From what I hear the Vive integration is not that great either. Good to know there is a beta, I'll give that a try.
    I finished the game with vive, its working ok, not much for complaning
    killdozer said:
    I finished the game with vive, its working ok, not much for complaning
    How useful are the Vive controllers with it? Is the xbox controller a suitable replacement?