cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golf Club VR finally gets Touch support

maxpare79
Trustee
Just announced by the dev on the steam discussion board! Finally! They were starting to sound like jerks everytime they refused to add Touch.  I am guessing they were tired of getting the Steam Discussion forum flooded with Touch thread 😉 
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner
4 REPLIES 4

Bilbosmeggins
Heroic Explorer
Damn!! You beat me to it  😄 'Twas me that posted the question on the HB Studios forum.  Great news 🙂

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=16984.new;topicseen#new

PhilSurtees
Protege
I'm gonna try it later. I have played it in Oculus before this patch, I'll make a post of whats fixed and not fixed later.
UPDATE
I played 1 round and most things are fixed and the game is very playable, but still a work in progress.
Menus work but are just a little picky. Using the rangefinder was useless, bringing it up started a lot of patchy scenery dropouts but the wrist gps is accurate anyway. Yardage map only worked on the first few holes.
So far the best swing technique seems to be a forearm-and-wrist flip, so you dont have to do huge arm wrenching swing anymore.
Biggest problem is the swing area, you can't reposition if the ball is close to the guardian. I bumped my hand one time. The only adjustment involves going through the tutorial again and setting your view to a safe direction. Pay close attention to this part of the tutorial!
I will do a more in-depth post on the TGC forum later.

loregnum
Adventurer
Awesome! I'll for sure grab this game down the line. I have the non VR version on the PS4 and it's a great game so I am very giddy to try the VR version.

maxpare79
Trustee
@PhilSurtees Touch Support is not in there yet, they just announced it and they have a Touch Dev kit coming in the mail from Oculus
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner