New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Racket NX on Steam

Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
Neo
edited February 2017 in Games and Apps
This game just released in steam as early access. I played the demo and that was fun. I am buying it now so will share some thoughts after I tried it. It's more expensive than I'd prefer but it's a quality game and since it also has multiplayer it's an instant buy for me.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/428080/

Edit: The game has 100% positive reviews on steam with well over a hundred reviews. I highly recommend this game, it gets a lot of praise and it's well deserved.

Note: This game requires precision and speed if you want to be competitive, tracking issues are a major annoyance in this and will be exposed in this game. That said I have tracking issues and the game is good enough that  I am dealing with it. Still managed to get on the leaderboard. 4# in arcade mode before a recent swipe of the highest scores due to a balancing update, and #4 on the hardest solo level, so I can compete, but the tracking issues ruin many games for me. Just a disclaimer that this is not for those most troubled with tracking issues.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    edited January 2017
    It is a lot of fun. I really need extension cables for my Rift because not getting tangled up is as challenging as playing the game. The multiplayer mode is really great too, you play together with the other player, but you are playing against each other. That was a bad explanation maybe, but you each take turns to hit the ball and the one who scores the most points wins; It's unconventional,  but very fun. I highly recomend this, and I hope that it gets a decent playerbase, cause it could quickly become one of my favorite games.
  • Paul_BlythePaul_Blythe Posts: 326
    Trinity
    Not bought it yet. Have a great time playing the demo without any issues with the Rift and Touch... I was hoping the tracking update for Touch would've arrived before Racket NX launched, but sadly not.

I'm going to get a 3rd camera this week, and I'll defiantly be getting this within the next week or two :)
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i5 7600K 4.7GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 |128GB M.2 NVMe SSD primery | 2TB HDD secondary | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 | 32" 3840x2160 - monitor 1 | 34" 3440x1440 - monitor 2 | OR CV-1
    Neo
    edited January 2017
    If you liked the demo then the full game can't disappoint :smile:

For me this is the kind of experience I have been itching for in VR; A game with a real sports element too it, where you can compete with others through physical skills. My shoulder is already feeling sore, and while I'm currently not in my best shape, anybody will get a sore shoulder after enough of this game. I have also been really intent on keeping my spot in the top 20s of the leaderboards, which at this early stage where there can't be many players, is the minimum I can accept from myself :lol:
  • studlygooritestudlygoorite Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Just played the demo and am buying the game, like HoloBall but might be better.
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    So, I enjoyed the demo till about a minute into it i got comfy and went for a high hit. Ended up slamming into the light fixture and now i feel like ive fractured the tip of my thumb, Touch controller took a good hit too.

Need a higher ceiling for shit like this 
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,784
    Project 2501
    ok the demo was really boring, being only single player...but in Multiplayer it's a blast
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
    Neo
    edited February 2017

Just played the demo and am buying the game, like HoloBall but might be better.
    Nice, I thought about bumbing this thread but  it didn't get much attention last time, at least not much response. It's actually my favorite game along with Thrill Of The Fight, and no offense to Holoball, but this game is bigger and better, plus the competive aspect is really great. It aims to be a future e-sport and there will be tournements in future, next weekend is the first mini tournement. Sign up if you'd like, but you'll surely lose with such short time to prepare. Also join their Discord if you want to, it's a great place to find others for games, get it touch with the active players and the devs. The devs are active and the gamme gets frequent updates with bug fixes imrpovements, and the devs also play the game. Can't praise this enough, there are some bugs since it's early access, but it is really polished and the physics are second to none. It has a 100% positive review rating still after roughly 130 reviews, and it's well earned. This is not just one of my favorites, it's the most impressive from a technical stand point, the physics, graphics and sounds are all top notch. With skill you can make some impressive curving balls with spin and it feels so real, it truly reacts how you'd expect it to, trust me, skilled players can do impressive things with these physics.

Arock387 said:
    So, I enjoyed the demo till about a minute into it i got comfy and went for a high hit. Ended up slamming into the light fixture and now i feel like ive fractured the tip of my thumb, Touch controller took a good hit too.

Need a higher ceiling for shit like this 
    That sounds painful, hope your thumbs will heal up quickly and it isn't too bad. In general VR can be dangerous, even Recroom could get you to injure yourself. I am pretty careful, but even I have smacked things, in part thanks to the wonders of having a moving guardian system and height bug.
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 803
    3Jane
    Arock387 said:
    Been there, done that. Fixture delete.
    Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.
    Neo
    edited February 2017
    maxpare79 said:
    ok the demo was really boring, being only single player...but in Multiplayer it's a blast
    What? The single player is fun too, I enjoy it a lot. You should join the mini tournement next weekend if it fits your schedule, are you on their Discord? The details are not disclosed yet, but will be soon.
  • Devlin-DarksideDevlin-Darkside Posts: 130
    Art3mis
    Just played the demo and now going to buy the full game, love it.

I have 3 sensors and the tracking is excellent.
  • onehamsaonehamsa Posts: 5 Oculus Start Member
    Hey guys! Just thought we'd let you know Racket: Nx just got a huge update, and is also sold on Oculus Home now, with full support of Oculus SDK and cross platform multiplayer :)
  • FolkSongFolkSong Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Does the Steam version have full support for the Oculus SDK also (no SteamVR required)?
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,311 Valuable Player
    edited August 2018
    The Steam and the Oculus versions just got patched. There's no patch info in the Oculus Store, but according to Steam:

Patched!

10. AUGUST - MYND
    We have a new patch out addressing most of the bugs and issues we've been aware of.

Here's what's in it:

Balancing
    • In Arcade mode there is now more Wave variety when reaching Wave 50 and beyond. The game will draw from a larger Wave pool when reaching these high difficulties.
    • In Multiplayer, the Sling (Tractor Beam) is now limited to 2 seconds (instead of 5) before the ball switches to the opponent. This is to avoid abuse and keep the game pace high. It also the mitigates advantage players had of having the first shot in a new Wave containing a Powerup, where by abusing the Sling players could line up their shot perfectly and take the Powerup.

Bugs
    • Fixed ball losing Powershot on Oculus when touching the trigger immediately after the hit.
    • Fixed Oculus playspace center when chaperon is not setup.
    • Fixed Wrecking ball stuck in floor bug.
    • Fixed Nuke Powerup heat marker staying when game is over.
    • Fixed streaming camera that could be placed inside the wall.
    • Fixed Splash damage pellet scale bug.
    • Fixed problem playing read-only mp3 files.
    • Fixed a few UI bugs where certain menus would wrongly persist.
    • Fixed a bunch of other small bugs.

Other stuff
    • Added option to force SteamVR or Oculus through the config (VR SDK: force_openvr & force_oculusvr).
    • Added option to switch network port through config.

We still have one open bug concerning the Star rating given in Solo Insane stage Sets. For some players, 3 Stars are given even when not finishing the set in the required time.
    If you have any information about this bug, please contact us here or on Discord.

That's it for now!
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"