cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So close to Selling my Rift

DarthHarbin
Explorer
     Gosh I'm so on the verge of Selling my Rift because of the lack of the kinda games I normally play, but on my rift.  I was so Pissed when they dropped plans to make Alien Isolation playable on recent rift editions, and even worse another slap in the face when the next big thing i looked forward to was RE7 and they put a damn timed exclusive on VR for only the PSVR for an entire fucking year!  
   Dude.. I just want to wear my headset like in Doom3 with my normal popular gaming.  No fancy hands motions tracking or roomscale gimmicky crap is necessary.  Just good head tracking and full geometric 3D immersion.  Mouse/Keyboard or Gamepad is completely FINE.   I want to play Alien Isolation, RE7, Fallout 4, GTA4/5, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Deus Ex, and more like that with just the improved immersion of smooth Head Tracking.  
    I might be happier with the PSVR since they seem to be concentrating more primarily on the gaming audience they already have.  The answer to save VR gaming for the time being seems to be getting the current games in developement that they already make good money on, to simply give us the headtracking element that makes immersion much better than just looking at a flat screen.   That's already a huge improvement to immersion.  Those that get sick won't buy but plenty of us still will.  There are tons of gamers in the world and just that little bit of extra immersion is worth it.  Hell i paid alot just for a better sound system with Surround Speakers just to have that better immersion.  Then when more people have headsets, we can experiment with adding more specialized game type that suite more niches.
70 REPLIES 70

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49138/can-we-please-stop-whining-in-the-support-threa...
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

DarthHarbin
Explorer
My post was in General.. not is support of any other inappropriate section.  But I didn't look for a few similar threads to reply to and didn't find them.

DarthHarbin
Explorer
And besides we need some assessment of how many people are unhappy, and why.  If there's a section for disgruntled VR users, I will gladly post there.

comedykev
Protege
Thanks for that riveting post, and in other exciting news today, i'm going for a dump!!

benplace
Rising Star

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
@XWolven which Oculus titles do you own? That might help with your dilemma.

If you are just looking for a Time Sink experience, then I would recommend:

1) Elite Dangers
2) Eve Valkyrie
3) Darknet
4) Airmech Command
5) Chronos
6) Subnautica

If you want to play Doom and Deus Ex style titles in VR, then you will need to go the Vorpx route:
http://www.vorpx.com/

The number of games they support is quite vast, and should cover your needs and them some:
http://www.vorpx.com/supported-games/

The skies the limit with PCVR. Happy gaming.

falken76
Expert Consultant

XWolven said:

Gosh I'm so on the verge of Selling my Rift because of the lack of the kinda games I normally play, but on my rift.  I was so Pissed when they dropped plans to make Alien Isolation playable on recent rift editions, and even worse another slap in the face when the next big thing i looked forward to was RE7 and they put a damn timed exclusive on VR for only the PSVR for an entire fucking year!  
   Dude.. I just want to wear my headset like in Doom3 with my normal popular gaming.  No fancy hands motions tracking or roomscale gimmicky crap is necessary.  Just good head tracking and full geometric 3D immersion.  Mouse/Keyboard or Gamepad is completely FINE.   I want to play Alien Isolation, RE7, Fallout 4, GTA4/5, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Deus Ex, and more like that with just the improved immersion of smooth Head Tracking.  
    I might be happier with the PSVR since they seem to be concentrating more primarily on the gaming audience they already have.  The answer to save VR gaming for the time being seems to be getting the current games in developement that they already make good money on, to simply give us the headtracking element that makes immersion much better than just looking at a flat screen.   That's already a huge improvement to immersion.  Those that get sick won't buy but plenty of us still will.  There are tons of gamers in the world and just that little bit of extra immersion is worth it.  Hell i paid alot just for a better sound system with Surround Speakers just to have that better immersion.  Then when more people have headsets, we can experiment with adding more specialized game type that suite more niches.

So go buy Vorpx

kevink808
Superstar
I can't play RE7 in VR for a WHOLE YEAR!!!   /sucks thumb
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
Maybe Vorpx will support it lol
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.