Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here. - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

Comments

• Jake762x51Jake762x51 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    edited February 2017
    Here is my log. The tracking improved a bit but the big issue I've had before still persists, namely that during play session the floor level shifts up or down. Before the 1.11 patch it shifted instantly and by an amount of up to 50cm down or up. Now it slowly creeps up or down and ends up being a incorrect floor height by up to 20cm.

3 Sensor, Rift+Touch Setup

• CavendishCavendish Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Keep growing in height, and any time I turn 180' my controllers tritch or one flies off.

3 sensor setup
    2 on USB 3.0 Inatek card front corners upside down
    one on USB 2.0 upside down rear right corner

Win 10
    i7 4790k
    1080GTX

• LordGoldLordGold Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    My height is increasing, have done multiple sensor resets but problem keeps coming back
  • digitalkibbledigitalkibble Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Getting a jerky pop/shift in hand position as I normally interact with Oculus Touch oriented applications.  Hands will violently shift a few inches over and then pop back, almost like the rubberband lag effect seen in massive online games when the server is lagging hard.

Also, getting tracking errors when trying to setup Oculus Guardian; when I try to begin drawing my borders, the first squeeze of the trigger resets me back to the detection/positioning phase of the sensor setup (where it asks you to hold your Touch controller up towards your head and face cameras for detection).  This becomes and endless loop resulting in an inability to draw out a proper Guardian border.
  • kgian76kgian76 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    I am not at home right now to get the logs, but I seem to get better hand tracking. I have the height glitching though, which I did not have before the update. Usually I get taller but sometimes I sink in the floor. 
  • DreadDobbyDreadDobby Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having issues also. When using the Oculus with the three sensor setup I grow in height over time and my entire playspace/guardian box moves backwards. It gets to the point where the centre of of my guardian box is one meter back from where I configured it to be. I then run the reset sensor tracking and it works for a little while but then moves backwards again. :neutral: The touch controllers also jitter about a lot. None of this happened before the last update. 
  • Aksel3007Aksel3007 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    When i turn around, there is often a jarring tracking glitch, and the height seem to change over time.
  • CavediverCavediver Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    I just opened another case with Oculus yesterday.  My three sensor setup was great; I had re-homed the sensors to different USB controllers and life was good... and then the update hit!

I now have the "height problem" and I can't make it more than 20 minutes into the game before I need to stop and reset.  

The initial reply from Oculus was to re-install the Oculus software.  
  • CavediverCavediver Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    This is just such a disappointment, especially the fact that there's no rollback option.  And no solution.  
  • TriqTriq Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yeah, my setup worked jitter free before this update and now my hands jitter uncontrollably. My setup didn't change buy now Nate Mitchell says it's my setup. (OR at least "many of the new reports"). My setup worked before! I dropped over $1200 CDN on this product. I deserve to not have it break after a software patch. Please give people the option to roll back if your software updates are going to do this and remain unfixed for extended periods of time. I didn't give this company chump change. I deserve a working product
  • BurstupBurstup Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    The update screwed up my setup too. I am always floating 2 ft above the floor now. Calibration does not change anything.
  • HankTVHankTV Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I've got alot of tracking issues now. Both Touch Controllers are stuttering and and are floating away when i go near the corners of the guardian system. Even though i have the 180 degrees problem. I turn around to the sensors behind me and my controllers are switching to another position like. Same issue when i turn back to the front.
    The whole setup runs worse since the update...
  • Aculeus_Aculeus_ Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    3 Sensor setup.  About an 8x8 square.  
    Sensor 1 - No extension cable.  Plugged into Inateck PCI-e card
    Sensor 2 - Monoprice USB Active extension.  Inateck PCI-e card
    Sensor 3 - Active USB 2,0 cable included with sensor.  Plugged into USB 2.0 port
    HMD - USB and HDMI extension cables going through a powered hub.  

The problem seems to be worse then facing towards the corner of the room without a sensor.  Controllers should be visible by Sensor 2 and Sensor 3.  I had similar issues with 1.10, but there were days where it was barely noticeable.  You'd mostly see the issue if you tried to keep your hands still to aim or something.  If it was really bad, I'd restart the Oculus VR service and that seemed to help.  With 1.11, it seems a little worse.  My hands will jump during normal movement and will jump further away than they used to.  

Logs are from just running Oculus Home and seeing hands jitter and float away periodically.  
  • Mnem0nicMnem0nic Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist

// Installed Starteck card (4 D/C on PCI 2.0 x16 (x4) using power from PSU.. All 3 Sensors now at USB 3.0 and feels solid some how, like a load has been taken off the MB, however the killer is the issues remain when turning slowly in a 360 between rear and front 2 sensors inc height glitch :(

I'm now using 2x 1m usb3.0 extensions for front setup just under 8ft high and just under 2.5m between them.. My rear is diagonal exact same height about 12.5ft across...

No improvement in tracking glitches BUT feels better and less of a bog down on my system..

• kgian76kgian76 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    I have a 2 sensor experimental setup. After the update hand tracking seems better. I have the height issue though. After about 20-30 minutes I get 20-30cm taller and have to reset floor height. Never had any  height problem before the update. Not once. 
  • augievraugievr Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    3 senors, inatek card, startech card, orico card, z270 mobo, 980ti, i7 7700k, recommended cables, two sensors, one sesnor, usb3, usb2, bios update, overclocking, not overclocking, xmp/no xmp, full windows reinstall, pci port combinations,  doesn't matter, bad  tracking and cameras jump. Been bad since touch launched. 
  • quangvi123quangvi123 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    3 Sensors in 360 Recommend setup. Sensors Jumping in DeskScene, Touch controller Jumping slight up/downward when turning touch controller. Floor height gradually going upward.

EDIT: Also, the Guardian boundaries is shifting as well.
  • portnoyportnoy Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I had very minor issues prior to this update using 3 sensors. After the update i now experience the following, 
    • hands occasionally float away, sometime slowly other times quickly and then snap back
    • hands are jittery, tracking is no longer smooth
    • height glitch - my shins must be stretching
    • I also would like to mention feeling slightly nauseous while in Oculus Home. It may be this raging head cold but since i saw it mentioned by someone else I figured I'd include it just incase.  
    Thanks

• mscard02mscard02 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    My setup:
    2 front facing sensors upside down about 7 feet parat
    1 rear sensor right side up in the middle of the cameras.
    usb 3.0 expansion in a pci express 1 slot.

0 problems, everything was super smooth and you could not even detect when switching between sensors when spinning in a slow circle

absolutely awful... my hands now jump and twitch all over the place when moving in a slow circle.  I have tried changing ports to no avail.  Absolutely unplayable at this point
  • HnefiHnefi Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Three sensor setup, two front and one back in a right-angle triangle setup (roughly). All cameras are wall-mounted and can't possibly move a millimeter, right side up. Worked very well before the update (except the occluded corner, but that's expected) with only minor glitches when handing off between cameras.

After the update, my hands glitch out severely even while remaining stationary in view of all three cameras. A few times every minute, my hands jump away half a metre and then pop back. Sometimes they float away, sometimes they buzz around before snapping back. The system is unusable in this state.

Nothing in my hardware configuration has changed. I've redone the sensor setup with no luck.
  • BBernesBBernes Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Iracing does not work with the new update
  • Auerc0reAuerc0re Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    GetThreadcontext failed when trying to open oculus home 
     i7 6700k 
    gtx1080
    if i try to resetup the rift the tracking works but as soon as it tries to put a picture on the rift oculus home crashes and i get the fatal error in gc -> getThreadcontext failed message

• Hornet_F4CHornet_F4C Posts: 214
    Nexus 6
    edited February 2017
    Nate Mitchel said:
    After reviewing many of the logs sent in by the community, our teams have noticed that many of the new reports seem to be related to one of two issues: too many sensors (4 or more sensors can suffer from USB challenges) and overall sensor positioning (sensors too far apart from each other and/or not enough overlap in field of view).
    Well, qualifying 4 sensors as being "too much" will dissapoint a lot of people.
    But that cannot be all to the matter:
    I use a 3 sensor setup which very closely resembles the Oculus recommendation, exept the sensors all vary a bit in height as I have no easy way to place them all at the same height - however, this setup used to work almost perfectly.

The front USB 3.0 sensors  are about 2m apart, the 3rd sensor (USB2.0) is on the back/right about 2,50m from the front/right sensor and from there is a diagonal of about 3m back to the front/left sensor.
    That gives me a fairly small playspace of about 2m x 2,50m. When standing right in the center, sensor distance really should not be an issue.

What I am trying to say is: 3 sensors are not "too much". The playspace is not "too big". The sensors are not "too far" from each other.

Yet there are tracking issues: The hands momentarly and repeatedly jitter when turning. Even when keeping the left hand still in perfect view of the front sensors, just moving the right hand around, both hands jitter at the same time if it happens.
    Also there is a height glitch. I noticed height was off by maybe 20cm (too high), so I reset my floor level and when reaching down to the carpet in Oculus Home it felt perfect. After a few minutes in Bullet Train, it was already off by maybe 10cm.

I have no way of doing side by side comparisions of different software versions. But those are the issues everybody is talking about now, and now when looking for them, yes I notice them. And I am on the 1.11 software and didnt notice those issues before.

I would even go as far as to say everybode has them now. Its just those who claim to have perfect tracking didnt look closely or dont care. When only playing front facing games it might be possible to overlook this hand jitter. And without testing the height by "touching" the carpet in Oculus home, I certainly could have overlooked the drift in height.

Likewise it should be easy to reproduce.

Greets!

Edit: Just to clarify. I experience those issues I described but by no means declare it as unusable. I noticed that when I raised the left arm trying to grab one of those rings in the Bullet-Train, hereby raising that touch controller above the field-of-view-limit of the front/left sensor,  it seemed for a short moment like I was pulling down the whole world around me. My height was shifted up and had to reset after again.

I was closer to the front left sensor when I raised my arm. So probably it was first being tracked by both front sensors. I am not sure if I was blocking the rear/right sensor with my body.

When I then raised it, the front / left sensor lost it, but the front / right would still track it and now the rear/right sensor also should pick it up (if it hasn't already done before). Maybe those are such moments where some things become confused and go wrong. Depending on sensor setup that may occur more or less frequently.

However, the previous software seemed to be more robust against these situations as I never observed these issues with the very same sensor setup.

• Shadow_FuryShadow_Fury Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I started having height and tracking issues after the update. Please revert it or fix it. I was better off with previous update

• yi-wizzyi-wizz Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    3-4 sensor tracking worked nearly perfect before with issues that arose but were always resolvable. Rift is unusable at the moment with no way to fix. We need an option to roll back!
  • AgentTmoAgentTmo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Since the update, tracking problems, height problems and the guardian system moves the "cell space", thats why i punched a wall today...

definetly no improvement what so ever
    please let us roll back or give us another update which fixes this quick
  • AgentTmoAgentTmo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Here are my Logs, somehow i couldn't add them at my other post
  • lamamanxlamamanx Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Finally I found where to post logs... after 4+ days of this problem. 
    I have talked to a lot of people in Onward who use Oculus and I am yet to find someone who doesn't have this problem. It would be really nice for Oculus to say something on this matter, like we're working on it. It seems very doubtful after 10 - 30 min of playing you won't see the problem. So they should see this problem in house pretty easily. 
  • TheRogganTheRoggan Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    I also now have the below issues on my 3 sensor setup:
    1. Height level changing during use
    2. Guardian moving (i have hit a few things already...)
    3. Hand stuttering (not very bad but noticable)

It was better in v1.10... :disappointed:

I also lost connection with two of my sensors and then the headset ("HDMI" not connected thought it was), worked after 3 restarts of windows (first more sensors came back then headset)...

For me the height bug is really killing the VR experience now and the guardian moving is very annoying and potentially dangerous, HOTFIX please...
  • WeeMan_ukWeeMan_uk Posts: 12
    NerveGear

Following the latest update my virtual height starts slowly creeping up after about 10 mins of game play. Depending on game makes the game unplayable.

The only way to correct is either running through the reset sensor setup. Or shutting down my pc followed by turning the PSU supply off for a minute. If shutdown and reset the height drift still remains.

My setup.

3 Sensors, mounted upside down on ceiling, all same height.

2 front sensors connected via USB 3.0 on inatec PCI-E card

1 rear sensor connected via USB 2.0 direct to motherboard.

I have noted in the forums others are experiencing the same issue.

That said, definitely a tracking improvement with new update.