Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here. - Page 6 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

Comments

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    150 comments and 5 pages deep and still no official response.

My ticket with support has been open for about 2 weeks now and still no resolve in sight.

This is beyond a joke and an absolute disgrace.
    I'm on the verge of demanding a refund.

An actual update is required.
    Waiting for the same bullshit patch that was already scheduled is not good enough.
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,965 Valuable Player
    edited February 2017
    @elboffor - haven't you reddit? Iribe made an AWESOME in-depth post saying perfect tracking is of HIGHEST PRIORITY!

All worries put to rest right there...
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb (arriving shortly)
    Well I stand corrected.
    Clearly posting on an unrelated social media site that they want it to work the eay it should  is enough and I should just STFU.

Btw 6 pages...
  • WilberstienWilberstien Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    I have a 3 sensor setup and have been experiencing similar bugs to what people have listed here since the 1.11 patch, My head seems about 2ft too high and I have to reset my height after running each app, My guardian boundaries will also move around by a couple ft seemingly at random, I've almost punched the wall a couple times because of it, Log is attached, Please for the love of VR figure out what's going on, it's beyond annoying.
  • TheSmokeFatherTheSmokeFather Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    height glitch, sometimes guardian moves about a foot out of place, general tracking issues, floating hands. 
  • FiZiFiZi Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Just got my StarTech PEXUSB3S44V and plugged in all four sensors and played some SteamVR (BAM VR, Smashbox Arean).

Tracking was better but still not perfect. Also had the good old VR hand jitters initially where they wouldn't track properly at all. Like the hands were stuck at 10fps.

More logs can't hurt right?
  • phoenixdigitalphoenixdigital Posts: 167
    Art3mis
    edited February 2017
    In my discussions with support I'm curious about what sort of sensor setup people have here. For those with 3 sensors do any on you have the following when compared to the Oculus recommended setup.

http://imgur.com/iLpypZL

1. Do any of you have your 3 sensors in the above image layout and within all distance limits?
    2. Most importantly are you under the 4m limit for the diagonal between the rear sensor and its opposite sensor.
    3. Do you still have tracking issues?
    My setup has about 4.5m for this diagonal and support has suggested this could be the issue. I'll do another test when I get the chance ensuring to stay under these distances but unfortunately due to my room shape and size including low beams on the ceilings I will be unable to ever setup the cameras to this recommendation in any permanent manner. I'd have to use a tripod for the rear sensor essentially in the middle of the room which is really not very practical at all. Ceiling mounting the rear sensor in that position wont work due to a beam which would block most of the view.

I'm still hopeful Oculus can resolve these issues but if these distances prove to be hard limits I think I will have to let go the dream of roomscale with the Rift in my particular room size.

Finally I get that this configuration is "experimental" but I'm concerned if they will ever support a room of my size. #toobig4therift

Please get it sorted Oculus.
    CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
  • Hangman2020Hangman2020 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    System specs

3 sensor setup here as well two at the front with one at back left using 3.0 usb extender cable Generally working well.

Art3mis
    edited February 2017
    3 sensor setup here as well two at the front with one at back left using 3.0 usb extender cable Generally working well.

Out of curiosity what is the distance from the rear sensor to the diagonally opposite front sensor?
    CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
    NerveGear

Out of curiosity what is the distance from the rear sensor to the diagonally opposite front sensor?
    Hi its 3m 30cm.
    edited February 2017
    I get the impression that all support requests are getting handled in the same way.

After digging about i found the following from a leaked support handbook. (Obviously I just made it up but I have yet to see an experience that doesnt follow this remit)

Oculus support hand book
    The following steps should be followed regardless of the enquiry type, randomly an RMA can be offered but this should be less than 1% of cases and only after all steps have been followed at least twice. 

Note on RMA: the maximum leadtime possible on returns should be used at all times, including but not limited to delaying sending the label, delaying actioning the handling of the receipt of goods, delaying sending out the refurbished new equipment.

Step 1,
    Run through basic trouble shooting (pick a test at random from the user guide and then refer the user to the setup guides)

If no resolve found by the end user, move to step 2.

Step 2,
    Find basis where blame can be laid on the end user (this can take any form possible, ask for photographic proof of everything, extra points on your quarterly bonus cards for each piece of information you can get that we already have at our finger tips, this will enable us to delay giving an acceptable response)

If unable to lay blame on the end user, move to step 3.

Step 3,
    Ask the end user to give you time to investigate the issue (at this point it is mandatory to pass the issue to one of your colleagues who has the level or less experience than yourself. Note: if you have been passed an issue at this stage, it is recommended you start from step 1)

If the end user returns after step 3, move to step 4.

Step 4,
    Vaguely but with no guarantee state that the issue should be addressed in the next patch but do not give a date for this.

If end user returns again, pick any step at random and follow the chart again from that point.
  • NizZ8NizZ8 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Typically run 4 sensors, but currently running 2 sensors due to Oculus Touch Tracking/Jittering issues in 1.11.  Posting my updated logs <attached> today
  • SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    My issue are kind of small.  However, all issues just need more of a professional eye to address our concerns.

Hands float off into space, Height issues  and Jitters at times. 
  • Kano_ConnorKano_Connor Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    I'm having a great time staring at my £1000 Oculus rift shaped paper weights......don't know about you guys
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,418 Valuable Player
    I'm having a great time staring at my £1000 Oculus rift shaped paper weights......don't know about you guys
    I never had that problem:) 
    NerveGear
    I've mounted my oculus rift sensors on the wall now 7 foot off the ground and with 2m apart for the front two sensors and the back 160 sensor is 3m 30cm from the diagonally opposite front sensor i'm not having any problems now at present.
  • TheRogganTheRoggan Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    I've mounted my oculus rift sensors on the wall now 7 foot off the ground and with 2m apart for the front two sensors and the back 160 sensor is 3m 30cm from the diagonally opposite front sensor i'm not having any problems now at present.
    Are your sensors at exactly the same height of the ground?

I think one possible reason to the current height and guardian issues are related to having different heights and on symetrical positions of the sensors... My rear 3:rd sensor sits like 50cm taller than my two fronts does and not fully symetrically positioned (not that its mentioned anywhere that they should be, and it was working in 1.10...)

Its cracy that Oculus havent reverted to 1.10 or even communicated an action plan on this yet... :disappointed:
  • gamersbubugamersbubu Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    TheRoggan said:

I think one possible reason to the current height and guardian issues are related to having different heights and on symetrical positions of the sensors... My rear 3:rd sensor sits like 50cm taller than my two fronts does and not fully symetrically positioned (not that its mentioned anywhere that they should be, and it was working in 1.10...)

Its cracy that Oculus havent reverted to 1.10 or even communicated an action plan on this yet... :disappointed:

This observation is both bad and good.  Bad because Oculus has communicated an action plan on this.  1.12 is coming out this month to fix the problems you mentioned.  Good because the problems you mentioned are real and have been acknowledged.  To be specific, look up posts by Natemit and Brendan Iribe as both answer your question.
    NerveGear
    TheRoggan said:

Hi yes all sensors are 7 foot off the ground.
    the play area i have at moment is not that big but 7f by 5ft not bad.

szie.PNG 200.3K
    Art3mis
    OK redid setup again just to be sure everything was as recommended
    • measured it all out and everything was within the required distances.
    • turned off the Wireless AP you might see in the photo near the right sensor
    • covered the TV in towels
    • turned off all lights
    • closed all curtains
    • no extension leads except the one supplied by Oculus for the rear sensor
    • 2 front cameras plugged into inatek card
    • rear camera plugged into front of PC (with provided extension lead
    • Motherboard - Asus Z170 Pro gaming
    • CPU - i5 6600K (not overclocked)
    • GPU - EVGA 980Ti
    • distance between front two sensors 1.65m
    • distance from left to rear left sensor 3.35m
    • diagonal distance between right sensor and rear left  sensor 3.9m
    Have the Rift setup screencaps and a pano shot of the room
    http://imgur.com/a/xS2XG

And the video
    https://vid.me/f805

Pretty much the same issues with but I will agree less of them. However I knew if I persisted I could get a spaz out glitch which it did.

Logs also attached to support ticket 328312

I wondering if it could be the right sensor as whenever I try to draw its placement I have a lot of trouble. So I swapped that out for the 4th sensor I bought (not plugged int for tests) to try to resolve tracking. Same issues it didn't fix anything.

I'm not sure what else there is to try except wait for the update now.

• TenaciousJTenaciousJ Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2017
    Right after installing the 1.11 update, my sensor signal lost quality, usb started acting wonky again dropping from usb 3.0 to 2.0 frequently where it hadn't before, and for a while only one sensor was detected even though both showed up in device manager.  Screwy screwy stuff mate.  You guys should retract this update til you fix it.

UPDATE: I managed to fix it by manually uninstalling the sensor devices under device manager, rebooting and then redetecting them in sensor configuration.  Now the lights are back on the sensors brightly (they were dim) and everything seems ok.  Not sure what happened, if it goes wonky again I'll update.
  • Paul_BlythePaul_Blythe Posts: 326
    Trinity
    edited February 2017
    After 1.11 update ... Today has been the first time I've used the Oculus Rift CV1 since the update. After roughly 1 hours use with Assetto Corsa, the CV1 lost Video & Audio [basically shutting down]. Also lost video to my monitor.

Now, every time I try using the CV1, it turns off  in <10 minutes. When trying to run a game from Steam or SteamVR the CV1 display is lost almost straight away ... the game/app audio can be heard for a short period then goes.

Also had an Nvidia driver update [378.66] ... will try rolling back, see if that helps.

EDIT:

Looks like I've got a serious problem else where ... Tried playing Assetto Corsa, Race Room Race Experience, F1 2016, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Stories: Path of Destinies and War Thunder. In each instance, the game will load, can navigate the menus and start the game. On starting, the game environment will load then the system either shuts-down & restarts, or loose video ... Event logs aren't showing anything

Looks like an issue with either the PSU, mobo or GFX card  :'(
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i5 7600K 4.7GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 |128GB M.2 NVMe SSD primery | 2TB HDD secondary | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 | 32" 3840x2160 - monitor 1 | 34" 3440x1440 - monitor 2 | OR CV-1
  • bigmagicmickbigmagicmick Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I can't install any apps. It creates a directory but doesn't download anything. I get a notification about 2 seconds after starting saying "App could not be installed. Go to support. I've restarted the computer twice.

The intro apps worked fine.

I've got two free games and two bought games, and nothing installs.

Here are my logs.

• JongSookTHJongSookTH Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi,

My computer cannot find oculus sensor. Although I try to use all USB port, it still does not work.
  • icrossonicrosson Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Here are my logs. Issue I have is my height keeps going up and in Arizona sunshine I get only 5 minutes into gameplay to rise to too tall to play. Also my guardian drifts to the left facing front cameras when the height goes up, by about 5 feet.  Only way to fix this is exit game, go into height setup and resetup height. If I go right back into game it works for only 5 minutes and then same thing. The height affects oculus home and all games I play. I have had 3 sensors since December and this problem only showed up after update. My 3 sensor setup has been in same locations since december and have reran the full setup a couple times as well.

New observation, you can see height issue during calibration. Wait until last step where you can see your cameras. If you wave your arms like a mad man but keep head still nothing happens. If I look behind me at my third camera and look back to my front camera I can see the camera's jump down by a couple inches. Now if I try touching ground I see I'm too high. If I squeeze trigger it will set my height back up correctly and cameras look normal again. I can repeat this several times in a row without fail. Sad :-1:
  • gamersbubugamersbubu Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    When this the update for tracking issues going to be released?  I believe its going to be update 1.12.
  • BobpiesBobpies Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    not even heavy enough for paper weights .. fml
  • TheRogganTheRoggan Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Sounds like im not the only one with dodgy USB connectivity to sensors and headset after the 1.11 update as well...

They come and go and to fix you need to physically disconnect and reconnect, sometimes several times and sometimes a computer restart is needed to get everything back online for a while...

Really hoping 1.12 will fix so things are at least as it was in 1.10, hopefully improved surround tracking with less jittering and large jumps in position...
  • XlordBXlordB Posts: 289
    Nexus 6
    Installed third sensor this morning tested it and its seemed fine... until later when I just tried to play dead and buried and bigscreen the controllers have suddenly become... FLOATY goddam it