cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO HDMI connection

hectorvalle
Honored Guest

Hi I just bought my oculus and I have read all the forums regarding the problem with the HDMI connection and none of them has worked. 

Here is what I have done:
The HDMI cable is connected directly to the HDMI port of the dedicated graphics. And it is plugged in firmly.
Restarted the oculus rift and restarted my computer. 
Remove the Oculus runtime and reinstall it. 
Upgraded my Graphics card. I have now NVIDIA GTX 1060 and Windows 10 64-bit. Which are the latest versions for each software.

However I am still having trouble with my rift. Apparently it says my HDMI isn't plugged in, but then it appears connected. After this it says poor tracking quality, then no HDMI connection and finally Off. Then again connected and it repeats this command all over again since monday everytime I plugged it in. It also says that my Guardian system isn't working.

I think its a problem with the cable because it says that my computer meets the system specifications for the Rift. 

Could you help me solving this problem? What can I do?gfeo9auwdlmp.jpgl09exkxmrpyn.jpg

39 REPLIES 39

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer

Can you try a TV or monitor that uses HDMI to rule Port on the GFX card out?

ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

hectorvalle
Honored Guest
Yes,  I tested the HDMI port with a monitor and TV and it is working, the problem is when I plugged on the RIFT.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
It sounds like the Rift plug has an issue.  Unless you can try it on a different PC.  I just got my Rift on Friday.  No connection problem.
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

ELUNO11
Honored Guest
Have you checked the connection on the Rift's end?

hectorvalle
Honored Guest
Yes I checked the connection and it is fine.

jet909
Honored Guest
I'm having this issue right now. It was working fine for a couple weeks but now it just says the HDMI is not connected. I tried resetting everything and then tried on a different computer and got the same message.

It must be an issue with the Oculus program because when I plugged it into the other computer my audio started playing through the headset while the page said it could not detect my HDMI.

Update: I deleted all Oculus programs from my computer and vlc media player which I recently downloaded just in case. I then re-downloaded Oculus and it works fine now.

hectorvalle
Honored Guest
Mine is not working at all. Not even the audio.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

Mine is not working at all. Not even the audio.

Did you buy it retail? What about just taking it back to the shop and exchanging for another one?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Seattlest
Explorer
I know you said you checked the connection on the Rift end, but it is possible you need to remove the foam cushion from the headset and re-seat the HDMI connection on the Rift - an unplug and a re-plug. This can make the HDMI connection spotty.