New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Halloween Treat - Tales from the Rift

CaineCaine Posts: 208
edited November 2013 in Games and Apps
Happy Halloween!

This is posted in my WIP thread, but thought I would make a post here as well for visibility, and since I consider this 'Halloween Treat' version a 'complete' demo.

I've released a 'Halloween Treat' version of Tales from the Rift, with the new intro sequence and then a 'haunted house' level.

Hope you enjoy it - my goal was really to give rifters something to put their unsuspecting friends in and get some good reactions!

PC Download: http://goo.gl/DYLu8c

Comments

• GanjaroachGanjaroach Posts: 449
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 2013

Loved the intro to this really brought back memories of watching tales from the crypt! I did have a few lighting problems and problems with the controls, I assume this was really meant to be played with the hydra. If the flash light moved with the rift and the mouse turned it would be easier to get around. I still really enjoyed this, It did give me chills a few times and made me jump and that's all ways great. :twisted:
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    LOL! Happy Halloween!!!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • CaineCaine Posts: 208
    I subjected my friend Flake to the demo, here's a video of his play-thru:

• CaineCaine Posts: 208
    Ganjaroach wrote:

Loved the intro to this really brought back memories of watching tales from the crypt! I did have a few lighting problems and problems with the controls, I assume this was really meant to be played with the hydra. If the flash light moved with the rift and the mouse turned it would be easier to get around. I still really enjoyed this, It did give me chills a few times and made me jump and that's all ways great. :twisted:

Hey Ganjaroach, really enjoyed your video and was glad to see the scares seemed to be working as intended :)
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,634 Valuable Player
    How about a warning before this demo - something about wearing a nappy to avoid soiling clothes?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    OK, I played this. Ended up screaming like a girl. Nice job.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV