New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

[Bug] Herobound Spirit Champion: A,B,X, and Y button input is ignored or not being captured.

DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 776
3Jane
Hey, guys. I'm unable to play Herobound on the Rift because the game isn't responding to button inputs (A,B,X, and Y). I can still exit the game and get back to Home via the top-center XBox button, but all other buttons are completely unresponsive. The XBox controller does work in other games I tried, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the controller itself. I downloaded Herobound for the first time this weekend after the 1.11 patch was installed, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. 

Any ideas?

Comments

• rwoodrrwoodr Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I am also having the exact same issue. Once I launch the game, it would appear that the game is not detecting any controller input at all. I can press the home button on the xbox one controller and get the oculus menu but the game just won't see any button presses. I'm running windows 10 x64 with the latest oculus 1.11 patch
  • rwoodrrwoodr Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Update. So two months ago someone on reddit mentioned this problem. Turns out it is a weird focus bug. I did a alt + tab to toggle focus to the oculus store and then toggled back to the game and now the controller is working for me. Weird but seems to have done the trick now.
  • DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 776
    3Jane
    edited February 2017
    rwoodr said:
    Update. So two months ago someone on reddit mentioned this problem. Turns out it is a weird focus bug. I did a alt + tab to toggle focus to the oculus store and then toggled back to the game and now the controller is working for me. Weird but seems to have done the trick now.
    Thanks. I'll give that a try tonight.
  • DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 776
    3Jane
    edited February 2017
    Taking the application window out of focus and then putting it back into focus (i.e. alt-tab) worked. So, thanks again for that tip. Still, this is a bug that the developer should patch.

To The Developers of Herobound:
    This is probably a bug in the window focus event handler itself. You are probably trying to get the controller focus or set up controller button events at that time, which is why re-focusing the window fixes the unresponsive controller. This is also why the X-Box Home button works while the other buttons don't, because the home button event is probably set up by the Oculus engine and not bound by the application.
  • rh_galaxyrh_galaxy Posts: 130 Oculus Start Member
    Same problem here, needs fixing to be playable by people that are not friends with Google.