cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally had enough of all my tracking issues....?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Enough is enough as far as i'm concerned, i am having continual problems since the last Oculus update.
- Floor is continually moving
- Guardian Walls move --> THIS IS DANGEROUS
- Touch controller tracking problems.
When are these problems going to be resolved, Ive stuck up for Oculus but no more....
I wish i bought a Vive..... 😞
205 REPLIES 205

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Oculus have said they were testing a patch and making sure it doesn't cause anymore problems before releasing it. Nate Mitchell posted it in the forums somewhere. Yes it is dangerous if your guardian moves, so I suggest you don't use it until it's fixed. Just stay seated for now and don't go walking about if that's the problems you are experiencing. 

Edit: Here you go.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49777/update-on-1-11-tracking-issues-and-the-upcoming...

Anonymous
Not applicable
So as a non oculus employee, you are suggesting I don't use my oculus.
NOW THATS A WONDRFUK FIX...WELL DONE lovethis.

GenetixStudio
Superstar
I wonder how many people or what kind of specific setups have been having issues. I literally have yet to have a single problem with my Rift, the sensors, or the Touch controllers. Running Windows 10 as I imagine most are. It probably doesn't hurt that I do I.T. work for a living and keep my system running decently well, but whatever issues are hitting some users absolutely don't effect everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

...I literally have yet to have a single problem with my Rift, the sensors, or the Touch controllers...

You are among the very few, everyone I have spoken to in-game in VR on Oculus and Vive have issues. Recent update has however caused serious issues for quite a few users.

jayhawk
Superstar

Panoramus said:

...I literally have yet to have a single problem with my Rift, the sensors, or the Touch controllers...

You are among the very few, everyone I have spoken to in-game in VR on Oculus and Vive have issues. Recent update has however caused serious issues for quite a few users.

How much is 'quite a few' compared to all users? I would assume myself most aren't having issues. Just a guess but I would think as soon as you get over ~10% there will be an uproar and lynch mobs start forming.

YoLolo69
Trustee

Panoramus said:

So as a non oculus employee, you are suggesting I don't use my oculus.
NOW THATS A WONDRFUK FIX...WELL DONE lovethis.

I don't think this is what he said, he was suggesting to only do seated VR experiences if you rely too much on Guardian, to keep safe.  Saying that I can live without Guardian. It wasn't expected for me so I take this as welcome addional feature, not something they had to do by contract 😉 Off course I prefer when it work fine, but seeing it move I'm now careful and rely more on my play area ground to know where am I, until it's fixed. Not a show stopper.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable

jayhawk said

.....I would assume myself most aren't having issues. Just a guess but I would think as soon as you get over ~10% there will be an uproar and lynch mobs start forming...

I'm forming a lynch mob, who wants to join?

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

jayhawk said:

Panoramus said:How much is 'quite a few' compared to all users? I would assume myself most aren't having issues. Just a guess but I would think as soon as you get over ~10% there will be an uproar and lynch mobs start forming.

So you think that currently more than 90% of users are not having problems? Wow!!! Have you looked at any polls? I think one in here would put it close to 10% NOT having issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's my point, at least 10% of people having issues...especially with touch controllers