cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else's lens(es) always fogging up?

flexy123
Superstar
Just a minor thing, merely an inconvenience...and happens only in the beginning of sessions when the headset is still cool.
It's always the RIGHT darn lens where a small spot in the lower part fogs up. Drives me insane because I find myself constantly "airing out" the HMD to get rid of the spot.

/Rant over
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only when I am watching - ahem - certain vids... lol

Seriously though, I don't seem to have much of a fogging issue. I did a little at first but seems to have settled down for whatever reason.

w_benjamin
Adventurer
I have a fan that I point at me when using my rift.

It's just enough air movement  into the gap on the bottom to keep them from fogging up (and helps keep me from sweating!)

ShocksVR
Superstar

It's just enough air movement  into the gap on the bottom to keep them from fogging up (and helps keep me from sweating!)

Same for me. The nose gap keeps my lenses from fogging.  I actually stuck my finger at the gap and could feel air being circulated around the eyes/nose w/ every breath, so I'm hoping that was the intent of the design.  I hear the Vive has a major sweating problem.

At OP, maybe your rift is too far down your face? I just checked mine and my nose only sits above the gap by maybe a 1/4 inch.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Mine does the same.  Have the microfiber towel handy for it! 

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I do a bit if it's cold,  just pause and pull it away from my face for 5-10 seconds and it clears.  Stops fogging up after a few minutes.

elboffor
Consultant
I'd suggest running your pc for half hour before use. This way your rift should be just above room temp as it heats up even if not in use.
If your lenses are roughly tge same temp as your eyes then no more fog up 😉
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Choronzon
Adventurer
Smear a tiny bit of shampoo on the lenses, wipe them clean (of course) and no more fog for days.

LordPrettyPie
Explorer
I find if you stick your finger under your nose to block out the open space, and then Inhale through your nose, you can clear it up well enough without having to remove the headset all together. Works well enough till the temp evens out.

MattyboyUk
Explorer
Guys...am I missing something? Steam is hot vs Cold... ie:  hot breath - cold temperature = steam.. hot car, cold windscreen= steam, hot room, cold outside = steam, getting the idea? so... hot face, cold rift lens = steam/fogged up. dead simple solution... warm your rift either on radiator for a few mins or give a minute with a hairdryer on lenses to warm up = no fogging!!