New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Robinson: The Journey is Visually Stunning in the Oculus Rift!

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 303
Trinity

Well so after being sick for the past week I am finally back and the whole time I have been down I was kicking myself for not being able to play and share Robinson: The Journey. I have to say that this game is absolutely stunning in VR! The graphics are some of the best I have seen yet and the gameplay and story are great. Obviously my only complaints with this game are the walking speed and lack of Touch controller support. Hopefully Crytek will do us all a solid as they did with The Climb and add hands to the game soon. If you still have yet to experience this title in VR I highly recommend checking it out!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
Tagged:

Comments

• danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    did you get the game for free
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 303
    Trinity
    edited February 2017
    danknugz said:
    I had already bought it as it was a game I had been waiting for but Crytek did send me a key as well.
    "I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can't wait to try this game. I'll probably load it up after I finish the second play of RE7.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Trinity
    Can't wait to try this game. I'll probably load it up after I finish the second play of RE7.
    It is jaw dropping beautiful in the Rift but the whole time playing it you will be longing for Touch support... I really hope Crytek comes through and adds Touch like they did with Thew Climb!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,077 Valuable Player
    I will have to go ahead and grab this one next - was looking for what my next game purchase would be. I too hope they add Touch support as well.

Thanks for the review!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Trinity
    dburne said:
    I will have to go ahead and grab this one next - was looking for what my next game purchase would be. I too hope they add Touch support as well.

Thanks for the review!
    Glad to do these reviews... Thanks for watching it! █-)
  • danybonindanybonin Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist

This game would be awesome with touch support

core i7 5930k @ 4.4ghz
    nvidia rtx 2080 ti
    16GB ram
    asus pg27uq
    oculus cv1 4 sensors on usb3 on 5 distinct usb controller
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,859 Valuable Player
    Is it a real game? Is it challenging? Is there more depth there than just pretty graphics?
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 792
    3Jane
    I am sorry, but I would never get any title anymore that doesn't support touch. I would feel like being handicapped.
  • ParadiseDecayParadiseDecay Posts: 510
    Neo
    edited February 2017
    I have to agree with vrgamerdude, I really enjoyed the game! 

☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060
    Neo
    MowTin said:
    Is it a real game? Is it challenging? Is there more depth there than just pretty graphics?
    I've played about 4 hours so far, and explored 2 area's.... I know there's at least another 2 area's to explore.
    ☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060
    Well I got the game, looks like it may be pretty good. But guess I am stupid as I can't even get out of the pod LOL.

I get to the hatch but can not figure out how to open it, I see a glove floating around but don't know what I am supposed to do with it, can't seem to figure that out either.  I have pressed every button on my controller but can't seem to do anything with it.
    Also is there a way to properly exit and close the game? I am having to alt tab out and kill it with windows.

Thanks for any help for this Rift newbie!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Ok so I finally managed somehow to get the pod opened and am outdoors exploring.
    Still curious if there is a proper way to exit the game? I can't seem to find a way.
    Don

• FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    I just use the XBox Buttom/Home approach.

I'm enjoying this game, despite the reviews.  It is a bit of a walking simulator with scanning/lifting minigames thrown in, but I like walking simulators.

I love the dinosaurs.  The sense of scale is immense with the longnecks (bit I'm at).  I know they wont harm me but the sheer size of them in VR when you're close up is terrifying.
    I just use the XBox Buttom/Home approach.

I must be missing something then, pretty sure I have hit all those buttons with no effect. I still have to alt-tab to get a window open, and then close the program from there.

Thanks,
    Don

• Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    I have to agree with vrgamerdude, I really enjoyed the game! 

I sooo wish VR games were that clear..:-(
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    edited February 2017
    danknugz said:
    I had already bought it as it was a game I had been waiting for but Crytek did send me a key as well.
    In that case could you send me the key that Crytek sent you, pretty please?
  • Xrc6Xrc6 Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Gameplay is pretty horrible though. They should have just made it more of an open exploration type game and done away with the levitation device and mini puzzles. Also why is this supposed to be an alien planet where all the life happens to be earth dinosaurs? I think a time travel story or something would suffice. Bit too linear and short with a dumb ending. I heard the PS4 version completely flopped and hurt Crytek more than they already were.
  • MikeSpeak24MikeSpeak24 Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    This is a game i have been excited about for months, i was watching it while waiting for my pre ordered PSVR but after the PSVR constantly make me motion sick i got rid and bought the Rift and now it's here but i am very reluctant to buy it as it uses locomotion and i can't play VR games with locomotion as i get motion sickness :(

holding off and hoping they give a choice of teleport or locomotion like Arizona Sunshine did.

• nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    overpriced. ill wait till they implement touch & drop the price. 
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    nrosko said:
    overpriced. ill wait till they implement touch & drop the price. 

GL w/ that happening anytime soon. It just came out they aren't dropping the price, esp. after they add touch w/e that is.
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    Im in no rush to buy it, lets face it, its more a vr experience than a game & £30 is too much for that kind of thing imo. 
    Neo
    This is a game i have been excited about for months, i was watching it while waiting for my pre ordered PSVR but after the PSVR constantly make me motion sick i got rid and bought the Rift and now it's here but i am very reluctant to buy it as it uses locomotion and i can't play VR games with locomotion as i get motion sickness :(

holding off and hoping they give a choice of teleport or locomotion like Arizona Sunshine did.

I believe it has something like that... let me double check.
  • Greyhawk101Greyhawk101 Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    Its pretty good however I'm stuck almost immediately after the "tutorial" bit. With no clues whatsoever its difficult to know what to do next. I've spent about 2 wandering about the same small area trying to figure out what to do next. No idea is the conclusion!
    Neo
    Its pretty good however I'm stuck almost immediately after the "tutorial" bit. With no clues whatsoever its difficult to know what to do next. I've spent about 2 wandering about the same small area trying to figure out what to do next. No idea is the conclusion!
    Think power!  ;)

I have found myself experiencing the same, I am stuck in the same area, so took a break from it for a while.
    Don

Neo
    If you guys need help at the start of the game, just watch vrgamerdude or my video. 
    Brain Burst
    Think power!  ;)
    Oh I know to build the turbine but there is a part that is literally nowhere to be found anywhere in the area. I have combed it left, right, up and down and used the Hics unit to overview. Used VR to look behind stuff, climbed up this and down that and its just nowhere to be found.
    Brain Burst
    I found it finally - now got quite far but running into another issue - save points. Why this ever became a thing is beyond me. It's totally unnecessary on a PC yet we are saddled with it.

I fell into some tar and lost about 45 minutes of gameplay so quit. Will take me some time to get the will to go on again.

So if you don't like save points then you wont like this.
    Neo
    I found it finally - now got quite far but running into another issue - save points. Why this ever became a thing is beyond me. It's totally unnecessary on a PC yet we are saddled with it.

I fell into some tar and lost about 45 minutes of gameplay so quit. Will take me some time to get the will to go on again.

So if you don't like save points then you wont like this.
    You have a map, that have waypoints on it to places you have visited. You just click on the waypoints to teleport there.