cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-order dev kits general info inquiry

Shockbolt
Explorer
I've been trying to find out how many dev kits there are in total for the kickstarter campaign, in order to estimate a start date for shipping out pre-order dev kits, based on the info on the number of dev kits that have already been shipped. I've been hanging around this forum pretty much since it was opened up, just a side note for those who'd want to jump to the conclusion that I haven't read the other threads.

So far, the info has been focused on the kickstarter backers and their dev kits, which is very understandable. But you also have a huge bunch of pre-orders with little info about when our kits are being sent out to us. Could you/Oculus shed some light on this subject please?
6 REPLIES 6

LathspeLL
Honored Guest
They already did. All pre-orders made before end of March will be getting their Rifts in May.

Shockbolt
Explorer
"LathspeLL" wrote:
They already did. All pre-orders made before end of March will be getting their Rifts in May.

Oh, when/where was this info posted/sent out?

unclebob
Honored Guest
"Shockbolt" wrote:
I've been trying to find out how many dev kits there are in total for the kickstarter campaign, in order to estimate a start date for shipping out pre-order dev kits, based on the info on the number of dev kits that have already been shipped. I've been hanging around this forum pretty much since it was opened up, just a side note for those who'd want to jump to the conclusion that I haven't read the other threads.

So far, the info has been focused on the kickstarter backers and their dev kits, which is very understandable. But you also have a huge bunch of pre-orders with little info about when our kits are being sent out to us. Could you/Oculus shed some light on this subject please?

Hey mate when did you order yours?

There is a spreadsheet but its not complete or completely uptodate.

Palmer mentions 13000 pre orders:
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/1caxuo/gdc_recap_and_shipping_update/c9f5pk9?context=3

And the May thing

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/1caxuo/gdc_recap_and_shipping_update/c9f5nmt?context=3

From memory 7500 from kickstarter another 2500 up to Christmas and about another 7000 since then.

The order numbers do not tally with physical numbers as October they jumped from 10000 to 20000 and December time 22000 odd to 40000 odd. Now I believe we have another jump to 50000...

Don't despair as Palmer did say that all pre orders should be fulfilled in May and the expected ship date on the web site has only just gone to expected ship in June.

They are a young company and have achieved an incredible amount in a short space of time so delays are inevitable.

Thats life as they say.
Feel free to drop by....http://www.VRCraftworks.com and contact us

Shockbolt
Explorer
"unclebob" wrote:
"Shockbolt" wrote:

Hey mate when did you order yours?

There is a spreadsheet but its not complete or completely uptodate.

Palmer mentions 13000 pre orders:
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/1caxuo/gdc_recap_and_shipping_update/c9f5pk9?context=3

And the May thing

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/1caxuo/gdc_recap_and_shipping_update/c9f5nmt?context=3

From memory 7500 from kickstarter another 2500 up to Christmas and about another 7000 since then.

The order numbers do not tally with physical numbers as October they jumped from 10000 to 20000 and December time 22000 odd to 40000 odd. Now I believe we have another jump to 50000...

Don't despair as Palmer did say that all pre orders should be fulfilled in May and the expected ship date on the web site has only just gone to expected ship in June.

They are a young company and have achieved an incredible amount in a short space of time so delays are inevitable.

Thats life as they say.

Thanks for the info, I never spend time on reddit.com, it has too much info and it's too easy to get lost when you try to get some work done 🙂

I got my hands tied up in photoshop 12-16 hours daily, so It's not a matter of life and death for me to receive the dev kit as fast as possible, as I fear that would seriously kill my productivity. I'm only trying to figure out the numbers, to calculate an estimated date on my own, based on the number of KS dev kit orders, how many has been produced, how many has been shipped etc.

I placed my order on 10th January, order number 043xxx. I know about the spreadsheet, already pasted my order there and I've been given an estimate, but from what I understand, the spreadsheet isn't officially linked to Oculus and therefor it can't really be trusted. Which was the reason for trying to narrow down the estimate by asking here.

Shockbolt
Explorer
Read through the two reddit posts now and if he says by the end of May, then thumbs up to that 🙂

Chaoss
Expert Protege
"LathspeLL" wrote:

Purchase Date: Mar 20

😄
"In the future we will be designing dreams, worlds & experiences rather than games."