New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus 1.12 Release Notes

Comments

• Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    Wasn't the last one a couple days getting out to everyone?
    i think so like a wk for some.
  • GrimdanfangoGrimdanfango Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 2017
    *groan*
    Wonder if it's occured to anyone there that they might engender less irritation in the community if they skipped all this contrived "carefulness" and just cut to the chase with things.  I mean, if there's an issue with the patch that forces them to roll back, or stick with the release regardless, what difference does it make whether it's agonisingly drip-fed out in the first place or just released normally?  The end result is the same anyway.  If it's broke, it's broke, and it inconveniences everyone anyway... if it's not, then great.

For what it's worth - I just tried removing all Oculus software, and reinstalling fresh from the official setup file, to see if that might kick it into doing something.  It helpfully re-downloaded 1.11 for me.
    ... so yeah, don't bother doing that.  It involves deleting all local game content, so I'll have to redownload ~40GB.  Luckily I have fibre, so no big deal.

Would of course be far more straightforward if I could just make my own choice when to download, rather than wasting time and Oculus' bandwidth trying to work out a way to game their bizarrely awkward release policy.

I wonder if the rollout batches are assigned by IP address or something... maybe a VPN would be a way around it...
  • JulianBJulianB Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Audio mirroring!!!! Hooray! No more VoiceMeeter!
    -j

www.julianbutler.com

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,125 Poster of the Week
    JulianB said:
    Audio mirroring!!!! Hooray! No more VoiceMeeter!
    Holy Schnitzel! I hadn't even noticed that - FINALLY! :smiley:
  • bosy.princbosy.princ Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Thanks for release notes! BTW yes, audio mirroring is very nice and anticipated feature - THANK YOU!
  • SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Nothing here yet.  2:30AM/CST and nada.  

Select BS
  • VekaolaVekaola Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I didn't even realize how much the minor tracking errors affected my experience, it feels so much better now! Thanks for making things more awesome :)
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,513 Valuable Player
    I was just playing around the other day trying to get audio mirroring to work and had no luck! Awesome :)
  • Kano_ConnorKano_Connor Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    rjay2b said:
    rjay2b said:

Since this makes no sense to me, and since you have made no credible effort to explain the necessity of it, I can only conclude that you are actually deliberately trying to serially irritate portions of your userbase, perhaps as some kind of social / behavioural research experiment.

For amusement value, this is what I had in mind:

Even monkeys get it :blush:
    lol that made me laugh, just what I needed! :)
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 896
    3Jane
    edited February 2017
    @rjay2b: I don't think the update wait is really deliberate to upset part of users base. Saying that, I appreciated the tone of your respectful first post so don't hesitate to post more. By the way, Welcome on board  :)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• ThotThot Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    somebody see a good work with 4 sensor since 1.12?
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    Any idea when released in UK still waiting 
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,125 Poster of the Week
    FrozenPea said:
    I was just playing around the other day trying to get audio mirroring to work and had no luck! Awesome :)
    Using the beta 1.12 update or 3rd party software? (my sarcasm radar went off when you said "Awesome")
  • EpoxianEpoxian Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    I'm also waiting for the update... If it really works I'm going to get Arizona Sunshine to celebrate this :smiley:.
  • Hornet_F4CHornet_F4C Posts: 213
    Nexus 6
    • Features:

• Bug-fixes:

Dude! That makes you to become the poster of the week! To bad you have excluded yourself from that ranking, that post would have made it for you!

Thank you and the team. Public feedback until now is very positive.

While I wasn't affected from previous issues as badly as others, I can very well remember having seen most of the bugs mentioned in the fix-list and now I am excited to get home to try the new version.

Thanks!

edited February 2017
    @epxzz good choice cracking game I recommend  onward on steam aswell,if trackings good
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 205
    Nexus 6
    I'm getting some friends over tonight so would be very desired to have 1.12 already. Normally I get updates 3 a 4 days later (very annoying!) so I'm with Rjay2b to push that button "upload to all remaining users.
  • roadczarroadczar Posts: 70
    Hiro Protagonist
    For what it's worth - 1.12 resolved all of my issues with tracking and height. I'm running 4 censors. The only issue remains is calibrating 4 sensor setup is very difficult. 
  • Kano_ConnorKano_Connor Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    licker1977 said:
    Any idea when released in UK still waiting 
    I'm in UK and still waiting too. I've noticed something though, My oculus Library service wont start, coming up with error code 18. Any one having/had this problem?

Running windows 10, Oculus home starts fine, apps open fine....still weird though...
    Hiro Protagonist

YoLolo69 said:
    @rjay2b: I don't think the update wait is really deliberate to upset part of users base.
    Presumably not, but that really does prompt the question - what *is* the point of it? - seeing as the only thing it can possibly achieve at this point is to irritate swathes of the user base who are sat here staring at a screen, who have gone to bed, gotten a full night's sleep, and have returned to discover that all they can do is *continue* to stare at a screen... reading posts from people who already have the patch, and for whom it's working perfectly... waiting, waiting to use the headset they haven't been able to use since they bought it a month ago.

Seems a staggeringly effective recipe for annoying the hell out of people for no good reason.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 896
    3Jane
    I agree it's could be irritating to know some received the update when we don't. I was like this for all previous patches waiting more than 24 hours before been upgraded. I can understand they don't have yet server infrastructure to support upgrading everybody at the same time and need to dispatch this process. During the 20 minutes "awful long' wait I had yesterday after the Nate post, I opened and closed OH around 5 times and suddenly the message appeared right after opening it. So possibly the check is when you open it and not if OH is already open. Also, I have the "Automatic Update" choice selected in parameters (worst checking in case it if it have some influence here).

Guys, be patient, the wait is nearly over and I hope all will work fine for everybody :)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Posts: 731 Poster of the Week
    Rift users are about 0.02% that of Facebook users. I really don't think they would have any problems with server infrastructure.
  • vanfanelvanfanel Posts: 144
    Art3mis
    Rift users are about 0.02% that of Facebook users. I really don't think they would have any problems with server infrastructure.

Well it did falter during initial rift preorders and that was on the facebook infrastructure.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,186
    Wintermute
    While certainly FB is huge with large resources, I imagine the Oculus Division has it's own P&L and needs to keep lower costs to show profits. They probably only allocate so much to Oculus.
    Of course just speculation on my part.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Well... that's a full 24 hours it's been in the wild, and I'm still waiting (along with plenty of others seemingly).

Remind me again... why can we arbitrarily not have this completed patch, which others have been using a full 24 hours apparently without significant issue?
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,186
    Wintermute
    Still waiting here as well - tick tock tick tock LOL.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
    I'm still waiting patiently though getting frustrated now
  • MiddleMan82MiddleMan82 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Still waiting... Please Oculus, you listened to us on release notes and beta testing last time, listen to us on this one. This method of releasing updates sucks balls. I've not been able to play properly for months, why am I always the last one to get any updates. At least mix it up a bit. Or just release them to everyone at the same time, like a normal tech company.