New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus 1.12 Release Notes

Comments

• Arock387Arock387 Posts: 719
    Trinity
    So the update hit.  And so far it was great.  Was messing a little with the tracking and it was better but I still had some jumps here and there.  Could just need a restart but I could also just need the play with it more and figure it if was me or the rift
  • HankTVHankTV Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    So today i've been testing the new 1.12 update. First of all i did the whole setup including adjusting 2 sensors pluged to usb 3.0 slots each on an inateck card, touch controllers synchronizing and tracking, room size cal. , etc... I also did the robot demo without any breakout cable untill it was finished. The breakout cable was pluged to a second inateck usb 3.0 card after the setup. I also pluged a 3th sensor to the same inateck usb card. After that i pluged a 4th sensor to a usb 2.0 port direct to the motherboard.

I've tested 4 games. Rec Room (Paintball), Dead and Burried, Superhot and Onward. All of those games had no tracking issues. I also tried the 3 sensor setup and noticed that the tracking is still better with 4 sensors. Since the 1.11 update i left my oculus to the ground and played with the vive untill now and i have to say there's a huge tracking difference between the new oculus update and the vive. The tracking feels much better for me with the oculus. Its kinda smoother. But thats my opinion.
    So now my vive lies in the corner again for some other coming special vive reviews.

Thanks Oculus
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 779 Poster of the Week
    edited February 2017
    10:58pm here in Spain, got it. (Over an hour ago).

MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS. I updated, didn't see my headset. Had to reinstall several times, nothing. Still "we can't see your headset". (Same config which worked before)
    Then deleted USB devices manually from device manager etc...unplugging, replugging devices. Somehow I got it to work. Just a warning, I merely updated from 1.11 but didn't expect so much troubles getting it finally to run,

I fear that others might run into the same problems.
  • GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 366
    Nexus 6
    I must be the last person to get this update then. Central US, still no update.

Can someone from oculus just tell me when the update is REALLY going live, so I can stop sitting here staring at my computer screen, constantly opening and closing the oculus exe? I'd rather you guys just tell me my S/N is going to be updated on Feb. 29th @ 12pm or something, even if it's a whole 48 hours after your update went "live."

No BS like "wait 'til next week" either.
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    GTX 1080
    16 GB RAM @ 3200 Mhz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,106 Power Poster
    Xsjadia said:

Can someone from oculus just tell me when the update is REALLY going live, so I can stop sitting here staring at my computer screen, constantly opening and closing the oculus exe? I'd rather you guys just tell me my S/N is going to be updated on Feb. 29th @ 12pm or something, even if it's a whole 48 hours after your update went "live."

If you got scheduled for Feb 29th, you'd have 3 years to wait!  ;)
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • Kano_ConnorKano_Connor Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Xsjadia said:

I'm still waiting dude in Wales, UK. Been constantly looking for things to do in hope that  when I come back it will have come through but still no luck. Sick of this.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,106 Power Poster
    Just got the update (Toronto, Canada). Gonna run through the setup and see how it is now.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • PhilSurteesPhilSurtees Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    edited February 2017
    I have 1.12.0.347528 (1.12.0.347531), but I don't see any audio mirroring under devices. Am I missing it or do I have wrong ver?
    UPDATE: I found it, nevermind my feeble minded questions.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,651 Oculus Staff
    Closing and reopening the Oculus app won't really do anything but, if you are already set to get the update, restarting the Oculus service can make it happen faster. Just go into the Settings menu on the Beta tab and choose Restart Oculus.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Sax-a-boomSax-a-boom Posts: 731 Poster of the Week
    I have 1.12.0.347528 (1.12.0.347531), but I don't see any audio mirroring under devices. Am I missing it or do I have wrong ver?
    UPDATE: I found it, nevermind my feeble minded questions.
    I must be feeble minded too, because I can't see it either, where is it?
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,557 Valuable Player

This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • Sax-a-boomSax-a-boom Posts: 731 Poster of the Week
    cheers!
  • NizZ8NizZ8 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Just got the update and my 4 sensor config seems to be working smoothly.  Thanks Oculus team for pushing out this update!
  • thatdude90210thatdude90210 Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    Just tested out on some Arizona Sunshine, everything seems OK so far. Man, I've missed being able to shoot zombies in the head.
  • danybonindanybonin Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    Did not had a lot of time to test but so far the 1.12 update seams so much better. Thanks oculus.
    core i7 5930k @ 4.4ghz
    nvidia titan x pascal
    16GB ram
    asus pg27uq
    oculus cv1 4 sensors on usb3 on 5 distinct usb controller
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 959 Poster of the Week
    Rift users are about 0.02% that of Facebook users. I really don't think they would have any problems with server infrastructure.
    as a note, this isn't how it works... you can't just say "here are an additional 10 servers to deploy from" unless the system is actually designed to scale rapidly..

Plus the actual bottleneck for this sort of thing is rarely the backend server infrastructure that holds the content - it's the sheer overhead of having a large number of people downloading the same package from the same location. the solutions that allow for REALLY large numbers of people to download the same content are usually owned and run by the ISP you're using, and they only do that sort of thing for big players like Steam or Microsoft.

Ultimately there is no point in telling every client on the planet to start downloading the update at once if they only have a 2Gb link per source location and say 10 locations, and I can't see Oculus going through the hassle of arranging CDN's for what's effectively a single package (for those of you who know Infrastructure; yes, I'm simplifying things).

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 191
    Art3mis
    Still w8ing  :#
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    Working sweet,vive back in the box there's a new kid in town.trackings awesome cheers oculus feels like xmas
  • kgian76kgian76 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    Still waiting in Greece...
  • ThotThot Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Very good 1.12!! My issues with 4 sensors are 95% solved!!!
    Only again i can move as fast as i can hand for throw a genade in onward for exemple, if movement too fast it's not seen, so my grenade fall on my foots :( maybee it's my usb or processor can hold the flow of information from sensor ... 
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 932
    3Jane
    edited March 2017
    Thot said:
    Only again i can move as fast as i can hand for throw a genade in onward for exemple, if movement too fast it's not seen, so my grenade fall on my foots :( maybee it's my usb or processor can hold the flow of information from sensor ... 
    Could also be the game itself as devs need to code how the throw movement should be, and pretty sure they don't use real life speed for throwing but a tuned down version as I can see in HHH3, Toy Box, Dead & Buried, etc. so that mean you have to throw slower than in real life to reach a certain distance.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• HankTVHankTV Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Thot said:
    Its not your computer. No panic. Dante told me there will be some fixes soon in the future patches later after the coming update. He tries to implement the rift support as good as the vive. He just needs more feedback. So to everyone who plays onward send feedback to the steam website of onward in the comments section. Oh and btw the ladder climbing is planed too ;)
  • ThotThot Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thx guy, happy to read you
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    Your throwing your grenades on onward to hard if there landing by your feet just a light lob releasing half way through the throw
  • culusvirtualrealityculusvirtualreality Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    edited March 2017
    STILL waiting!!! (friend lives 25 miles away got his few days ago.....must be struggling to cover the distance!)

• hyno111hyno111 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Any chance you can remove the annoying "does not meet minimum specifications"  notice for 970M&980M? They are both more powerful (or at least as powerful as) than GTX 960, which is the new minimum requirement.
    Or just give us a way to completely remove the notice regardless the card used.
  • MradrMradr Posts: 2,503 Poster of the Week
    edited March 2017
    hyno111 said:
    Any chance you can remove the annoying "does not meet minimum specifications"  notice for 970M&980M? They are both more powerful (or at least as powerful as) than GTX 960, which is the new minimum requirement.
    Well the M versions of the cards are not really supported. 

As other side - big improvement so I am back to where it was before:) Still feel like there needs to be a bit more work as it still sort of "jumps" once in a while, but at least it's playable. I had to put the rift down for a few weeks because it was just making me sick watching my hands, body, and the world jump around soo much. Need to do more testing, but a good 80% improvement over 1.11 release.
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 191
    Art3mis
    hyno111 said:
    oculus tray tool has an option to remove it as far as i remember, its a freeware you can google it
  • n3bulaRn3bulaR Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    Can anyone confirm DK2 is okay after the update?
  • roocellroocell Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    man. waiting for the update is killing me. now Robo Recall is out and don't wait to play it because of 1.11