New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Oculus 1.12 Release Notes

1235»

Comments

• GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,252 Poster of the Week
    that's awesome thanks @nalex66.  I've just found the Steam VR audio settings and it allows you to select a primary and mirror destination for sound, i guess for any game that uses it.

i suppose it should have been obvious, but what can i say?  i'm getting on a bit now.  :)
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,063
    Neo
    PROBLEM FIXED! - by going into Oculus Home Settings on monitor and simply using the RESTART OCULUS (for me this is in the BETA MENU at the bottom of the list as I must use v1.3.2 to avoid the SSE4.2 cpu check).
    Happy to play once again ;)
  • LeaderOfTheBlindLeaderOfTheBlind Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Thot said:
    somebody see a good work with 4 sensor since 1.12?
    Yes!! 4 sensors works as expected now :) I *very* occasionally have to unplug/plug in the Rifts USB cable to get audio but once done it remains working until I reboot my machine. A huge, massive improvement over before where 4 was worse than 3!! 

No USB expansion cards, mix of USB2/3 on the motherboard, active USB3 extension leads EVERYWHERE. 
  • ThotThot Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks, me too 4 sensors are Nice, only fast movements are glichy 
  • TheLawnmowerManTheLawnmowerMan Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2017
    So Oculus stopped working for me, and the timing seems right for it to have been 1.12 that caused it. =(

It worked fine yesterday.  Today I turned on my computer and got "can't reach Oculus Runtime" message and then the Oculus window popped up flashing the Oculus logo but can't close it except through task manager.  

Did some google searching and tried a few things including checking that the runtime is running (it is) and starting and stopping it several times.

Still no luck.  Now at considerable cost of time and convenience given all the unrelated software I'll have to reinstall I did a fresh install of Windows 10, sure that this would fix it.  

Just installed Oculus again and still get exactly the same result. =(  

HALP!  

UPDATE:  You guys aren't going to believe this... but apparently this problem and also my computer having issues not being able to shutdown/restart correctly were being caused by my Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset being plugged into a USB 3.0 port. D=  I totally forgot I had unplugged it and plugged it back in earlier today, apparently to a different port.  Who would have thought?  Well there went several hours of my life!
    Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
    R 'n' R Lawn Service
    Lake Ariel PA
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Interesting. I hadn't heard of audio headsets conflicting, but that's good to know.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • XlordBXlordB Posts: 289
    Nexus 6
    Interesting. I hadn't heard of audio headsets conflicting, but that's good to know.
    not the headset per say more likely just his usb having a brain fart! :) :pensive:

• ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 484
    Trinity
    I know this has been asked for before, but any chance we can have multiple tracking profiles in the next release?

Right now every time I swap between my single sensor seated setup and my Touch setup, which are in different areas of my livingroom, it means having to go through setting up the tracking every single time. With my Touch setup that can be particularly irksome because I don't have direct access to my monitor screen as I'm doing it. I have my sensors in fixed positions now, so it would be nice to be able to simply switch between tracking profiles when going from playing Touch games back to seated games and visa versa. Right now it means I have to dedicate my Rift play sessions to either one or the other, which isn't ideal.
  • XlordBXlordB Posts: 289
    Nexus 6
    aChazmeister said:
    I know this has been asked for before, but any chance we can have multiple tracking profiles in the next release?

Right now every time I swap between my single sensor seated setup and my Touch setup, which are in different areas of my livingroom, it means having to go through setting up the tracking every single time. With my Touch setup that can be particularly irksome because I don't have direct access to my monitor screen as I'm doing it. I have my sensors in fixed positions now, so it would be nice to be able to simply switch between tracking profiles when going from playing Touch games back to seated games and visa versa. Right now it means I have to dedicate my Rift play sessions to either one or the other, which isn't ideal.
    are you unable to have your single seated experience within the roomscale setup? as in set up your sensors in your living room to include your sitting area. I have mine in constant roomscale and i can sit at my desk as if it was a single sensor experience. 
  • phoenixdigitalphoenixdigital Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    Why not just carve out the seated area in the Touch setup?

My playspace
    http://imgur.com/FF4oW6C

The area I carved out for Touch.
    http://imgur.com/QgSDahe

Remember the setup of both Home/Steam will always find the best rectangular space that will fit in the shape you draw in setup. This rectangle is used for most of the roomscale experiences.

The same layout for Steam
    http://imgur.com/oSbYuqV

I now can us that front left area for seated while using the main area for roomscale.

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,571 Valuable Player
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    edited March 2017
    I noticed a slight bug.  There is a slight screen jump sometimes when moving and using the touch controllers.   This is also mentioned by another user.

@breammaster as this is what he mentioned in another post... Every now and then, i notice the world shift ever so slightly. When it happens its usually after I've looked downwards and pressed a button on the touch. It's not something that i can replicate. It happens a few times each session. It never happened till 1.12. I recently also reinstalled windows. I've repositioned my sensors to bring them closer. Rerun setup many times. Anyone else notice this happening?
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • bosy.princbosy.princ Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    @e_m_d88 I know what you are talking about. It happens to me even without pressing any buttons and I also feel it is related to Touch, their visibility and movement. :) I believe Oculus is working on this issue already.
  • Aidens12Aidens12 Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist
    @breammaster as this is what he mentioned in another post... Every now and then, i notice the world shift ever so slightly. When it happens its usually after I've looked downwards and pressed a button on the touch. It's not something that i can replicate. It happens a few times each session. It never happened till 1.12. I recently also reinstalled windows. I've repositioned my sensors to bring them closer. Rerun setup many times. Anyone else notice this happening?
     ive noticed this happening too in arizona sunshine when trying to bend down to pick stuff up out of the back of vans and off the ground
    Trinity
    XlordB said:
    aChazmeister said:

are you unable to have your single seated experience within the roomscale setup? as in set up your sensors in your living room to include your sitting area. I have mine in constant roomscale and i can sit at my desk as if it was a single sensor experience. 
    My computer and my Touch area are in two different places unfortunately.

My PC is up on a small balcony area that overlooks my living room space. The PC area is fine for seated stuff obviously but there's nowhere near enough room for any kind of Touch stuff. So I run extension cables over the balcony to the living room area below. It works fine but it means reconfiguring the play area every time I want to use Touch. Which, when I have to keep running up and down the stairs to do it as I can't see the screen from the living room, is a real pain in the arse.
    Trinity
    Adinsx12 said:
     ive noticed this happening too in arizona sunshine when trying to bend down to pick stuff up out of the back of vans and off the ground
    I'm also getting this with a single sensors setup when I play Elite Dangerous. Like a slight shift up or down every now and then. Not sure what causes it. Only started happening since this latest patch.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,063
    Neo
    edited March 2017
    After trying to get max settings in NoLimits2 whilst running it with Virtual Desktop in background it has once again got stutters even with ASW supposedly disabled by Left CNTRL + Numpad 1. I have tried the OCULUS RESTART which had fixed this before and tried unplugging CV1 USB and in again and also trying the Configure Rift>Full Setup again. It is totally not playable and yet the demos are smooth. 

PLEASE DO GET RID OF ASW BY OPTION IN HOME.
    AND STOP USING SSE4.2 CPU CHECK!
    CV1 + GTX1080SC2 RUINED!
    OVER £1100 WASTED.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,571 Valuable Player
    XlordB said:
    aChazmeister said:

My computer and my Touch area are in two different places unfortunately.

My PC is up on a small balcony area that overlooks my living room space. The PC area is fine for seated stuff obviously but there's nowhere near enough room for any kind of Touch stuff. So I run extension cables over the balcony to the living room area below. It works fine but it means reconfiguring the play area every time I want to use Touch. Which, when I have to keep running up and down the stairs to do it as I can't see the screen from the living room, is a real pain in the arse.
    Thats why i made this tool @Chazmeister
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50439 
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
    Trinity
    elboffor said:
    Great stuff! I'll have a look into that, thank you.
  • 0x0BADC0DE0x0BADC0DE Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited March 2017
    I've been having a problem getting my oculus to show video for sometime now. I don't know what caused it, but I did get it working again.

It was not USB connections as some have described. I have a 4K 65" OLED TV/Monitor and:
    2x1070 GTX and 4K Bridge from MSI and latest NVidia drivers as of today.
    64GB RAM Corsair Dominator
    3x512GB Samsung PRO SSDs in RAID 0
    MSI God Like Gaming Motherboard
    6900K  (8 core, 3.2 GHz) overclocked to 3.8 GHz
    Latest Audio Drivers using the onboard audio
    Latest BIOS updates for the motherboard
    wireless USB keyboard and mouse from Logitech
    Game pad plugged into USB (I don't like cordless game pads)
    No headphones for playing games using USB I use old fashion 1/8" jack.

At a point, I had to set my resolution to 1080p to use the oculus rift otherwise my computer screen went blank and nothing worked display wise and I had to restart using the button on the computer case. This was when I first got my headset and 4K screen.

I've been working with Ryder at Oculus Support and they could not figure out the problem. Everything showed up in the oculus panel as being detected and correctly connected, but no video. They wanted me to check for kinks in cables, unplug then plug everything back in. Check pins on the HDMI connection make sure they were not bent.

I disabled windows defender because that did cause Forza Horizon 3 (FH3) to crash. I know my VPN I use for work also caused FH3 to crash. I got the latest windows update on March 17, 2017 and that did not change anything either.

I finally disabled SLI and my headset worked.

It is clear now that none of the oculus rift games use SLI. Project Cars supports SLI but the settings are the same as before when SLI didn't have to be disabled and there is no change in the performance.  War Thunder is also SLI but I now know it is not support with the oculus rift.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    SLI is not supported at all, and is in fact disabled when using VR. However, normally it should not cause any problems. So if you have an SLI system and you load a VR game, SLI will be disabled in the background and everything should run fine (and will be re-enabled on exit). If it's causing problems, then that is something new.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Hornet_F4CHornet_F4C Posts: 213
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2017

As a feedback on 1.12:

Up to now everything is rock-stable for me with improved tracking quality compared to earlier versions.

And I also believe this "wireless sync timed out" that was occassionally reported to one of the sensors while the headset was in idle has been reduced or even fixed. Currently can't remember when I had this last time and it might be it never happened since 1.12.

Thanks!

Edit (as I read about possible issues with multi monitor setups):

I use a fairly simple setup here:

• Windows 10, Asus P8P67LE with i3770K CPU, 16GB RAM, no overclock.
    • MSI TwinFrozr GTX970 with 1 Monitor on DVI and Rift on HDMI.
    • 3 Sensors all on Innatek KTu3Fr-4P with FLUSB3.0-3.6.9.0a with one of the sensors in USB 2.0 mode using the included extension cable.
    • HMD on onboard ASMedia USB 3.0
  • DarkTrickDarkTrick Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Memosis said:

Anyone else having issues with latest Oculus runtime (Oculus App 1.12) and multi-monitor setup? I have 3 monitors and the primary one connected via dual-link DVI disappears completely from Windows approximately 15-20 minutes after I stop playing in VR.

I suspect Oculus headset/runtime going to sleep or something like that. Because when I open display settings in Windows and perform Detect, the monitor is not found. But if I perform Beta/Restart in Oculus app, the monitor is detected again.

I have been using my Rift from August 2016 and this is the first time I have encountered this issue.

Ever since 1.12 dropped - my Oculus set up has become completely unusable.

I'm running 3 sensors (2 USB3.0, 1 USB 2.0), on a machine with a 5960 processor and 3 980tis, with a triple monitor setup.

When I run the Oculus app, one of my side monitors constantly flickers on and off - which never happened before the update.

Any launched VR App suffers from horrific lag, where everything was buttery smooth previously.  Even the 2D top down touch calibration screen in the windows app stutters, suffering from what looks like a stable heart-beat of badness as it runs.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this?
  • ThotThot Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    DarkTrick said:
    Memosis said:

Anyone else having issues with latest Oculus runtime (Oculus App 1.12) and multi-monitor setup? I have 3 monitors and the primary one connected via dual-link DVI disappears completely from Windows approximately 15-20 minutes after I stop playing in VR.

I suspect Oculus headset/runtime going to sleep or something like that. Because when I open display settings in Windows and perform Detect, the monitor is not found. But if I perform Beta/Restart in Oculus app, the monitor is detected again.

I have been using my Rift from August 2016 and this is the first time I have encountered this issue.

I'm running 3 sensors (2 USB3.0, 1 USB 2.0), on a machine with a 5960 processor and 3 980tis, with a triple monitor setup.

When I run the Oculus app, one of my side monitors constantly flickers on and off - which never happened before the update.

Any launched VR App suffers from horrific lag, where everything was buttery smooth previously.  Even the 2D top down touch calibration screen in the windows app stutters, suffering from what looks like a stable heart-beat of badness as it runs.

i think you must seel yours 3 980ti and buy one 1080ti for your 3 monitors. oculus don't support SLI
  • Hornet_F4CHornet_F4C Posts: 213
    Nexus 6

And I also believe this "wireless sync timed out" that was occassionally reported to one of the sensors while the headset was in idle has been reduced or even fixed. Currently can't remember when I had this last time ...

Hah! Now I can remember. Just had it again, so this does still happen with 1.12.

Never mind on this one :-)

• DarkTrickDarkTrick Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thot said:
    DarkTrick said:
    Memosis said:

i think you must seel yours 3 980ti and buy one 1080ti for your 3 monitors. oculus don't support SLI
    Everything was working great, prior to 1.12
1235»