New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Anyone remember Cybertown?

candiedbugcandiedbug Posts: 326
edited November 2013 in Off-Topic
I remember buying a Riva TnT2 just to be able to run it. Got my first virtual job there too. *sigh* the memories

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Wow! Never heard of this before but would have been cool back then.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Wow! Never heard of this before but would have been cool back then.
    Yeah, Cybertown is Second Life's granddaddy. There was Cybertown and Colony City, as well as others I cant remember the names now. They used the Blaxxun client and were VRML based (back when VRML was still alive)
  • justinforasecjustinforasec Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yeah, Cybertown is Second Life's granddaddy. There was Cybertown and Colony City, as well as others I cant remember the names now. They used the Blaxxun client and were VRML based (back when VRML was still alive)
    The files are available at the internet archive at archive.org, just search Cybertown, please let me know if you figure out how to use them.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,357 Valuable Player
    edited December 2020
    The files are available at the internet archive at archive.org, just search Cybertown, please let me know if you figure out how to use them.
    Wow, this must be a new record, bringing a 7 year old post back to life, lol!

Edit, ok here's the oldest Off-Topic thread I could find;
    Looks nice here - I like it! — Oculus (oculusvr.com)

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/Index controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• Scala24Scala24 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    A very old game.