New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

RoboRecall Locomotion Mod

1356711

Comments

  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    Levi777L said:
    If you can activate slow mo on button press, how hard would a super hot mod be?
    Careful or you might get what you asked for :)

    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • metallican_30metallican_30 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    KillCard said:
    KillCard said:
    Am I the only one who's have a problem here...I extracted V3, but I can't open it to run installer. I get asked "how do I want to open this file?" but I do not have the proper thing to run it. I even tried "look for an app in store" and it turned up nothing. Feeling stupid...Help!
    It's a RAR file, you need WinRAR to unpack the file.

    http://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0

    Edit: you don't have to buy the full version, just download the free one, it lasts forever.
    Got the free version of WinRAR, opened and extracted V3 to new folder in desktop, but still just seeing locomotion robo file no installer
    That IS the installer, you should be able to just double click on it. Of course you have to have Robo Recall installed first, which I would be really confused if you didn't. Robo Recall should have made all .robo files be seen as mod installers if you installed Robo Recall correctly.
    WinRAR dos same thing as every other thing...only locomotion robo file shows up, no installer and I do have robo recall installed. I'm starting to think my PC is the culprit, fortunately I have a second PC and will try mod with it soon and post if it works on that. I've had problems with certain things on this PC before
  • enigmatic23enigmatic23 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    KillCard said:
    KillCard said:
    Am I the only one who's have a problem here...I extracted V3, but I can't open it to run installer. I get asked "how do I want to open this file?" but I do not have the proper thing to run it. I even tried "look for an app in store" and it turned up nothing. Feeling stupid...Help!
    It's a RAR file, you need WinRAR to unpack the file.

    http://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0

    Edit: you don't have to buy the full version, just download the free one, it lasts forever.
    Got the free version of WinRAR, opened and extracted V3 to new folder in desktop, but still just seeing locomotion robo file no installer
    That IS the installer, you should be able to just double click on it. Of course you have to have Robo Recall installed first, which I would be really confused if you didn't. Robo Recall should have made all .robo files be seen as mod installers if you installed Robo Recall correctly.
    WinRAR dos same thing as every other thing...only locomotion robo file shows up, no installer and I do have robo recall installed. I'm starting to think my PC is the culprit, fortunately I have a second PC and will try mod with it soon and post if it works on that. I've had problems with certain things on this PC before
    Same issue, Oculus\Software\epic-games-odin\RoboRecall\Binaries\Win64\RoboRecallModInstaller and installed  from there successfully.
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    V4 in about 20 mins :smile:

    Changelog

    - Smooth turning on right stick.
    - Push left thumb stick up to walk, push all the way up to sprint
    - Stamina on sprint (replenishes every 40 seconds to full)

    I will update this post when released



    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • metallican_30metallican_30 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    When I use WinRAR I get locomotion .robo and when I double-click it, it just asks how I want to open it but nothing works. I already have robo recall installed. I'll keep trying
  • Augment1aAugment1a Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    This is insane. Tonsta31 you are a hero! Fantastic work all around, the VR community is at its best at times like these. Thank you for all your hard work! - dgtlhrt |ViveReport
  • GriffVRGriffVR Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    This is great, cant wait :)
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    Timewarp mod now released too, in a thread on these forums. Plays kinda like super hot

    Augment1a said:
    This is insane. Tonsta31 you are a hero! Fantastic work all around, the VR community is at its best at times like these. Thank you for all your hard work! - dgtlhrt |ViveReport
    Thanks :)

    GriffVR said:
    This is great, cant wait :)
    Just testing now so will not be long

    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • metallican_30metallican_30 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    KillCard said:
    KillCard said:
    Am I the only one who's have a problem here...I extracted V3, but I can't open it to run installer. I get asked "how do I want to open this file?" but I do not have the proper thing to run it. I even tried "look for an app in store" and it turned up nothing. Feeling stupid...Help!
    It's a RAR file, you need WinRAR to unpack the file.

    http://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0

    Edit: you don't have to buy the full version, just download the free one, it lasts forever.
    Got the free version of WinRAR, opened and extracted V3 to new folder in desktop, but still just seeing locomotion robo file no installer
    That IS the installer, you should be able to just double click on it. Of course you have to have Robo Recall installed first, which I would be really confused if you didn't. Robo Recall should have made all .robo files be seen as mod installers if you installed Robo Recall correctly.
    WinRAR dos same thing as every other thing...only locomotion robo file shows up, no installer and I do have robo recall installed. I'm starting to think my PC is the culprit, fortunately I have a second PC and will try mod with it soon and post if it works on that. I've had problems with certain things on this PC before
    Same issue, Oculus\Software\epic-games-odin\RoboRecall\Binaries\Win64\RoboRecallModInstaller and installed  from there successfully.

    Finally!
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    Thankyou so much you've made the game so much better
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    V4 now released

    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    Link to v4 please
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    And great work
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    It's ok u dated on original page thanks
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    Great thanks! We are also looking to do a complete robot pack to run along side this mod, same robots but tweaked to make them harder and more akin to the locomotion!

    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    I have installed it but there is no mod option in game to turn this on ? any help would be great
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    when you go to the hologram point where you can select missions, gun upgrades etc.. at the end there is a tab called mods, when clicked on the left the locomotion mod should be listed click it and it puts it in the middle box then click a map on the right.

    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    Cool thanks
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    V5 coming soon, with little adjustments and more options. 

    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • ragesaqragesaq Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    tonsta31 said:
    V5 coming soon, with little adjustments and more options. 
    I haven't tried V4 yet, but the way onward handles walking/sprinting is pretty great. Press left joystick around to move, double tap the button in to run until you let go of the stick, then you walk again.
  • STANGERISMSTANGERISM Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Would multiplayer mode or co-op be possible as a mod @ tonsta31? Would be awesome to be able to play this game with friends but I don't even know that it would be possible to do?
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    We are looking into the possibility for coop.saq said:
    tonsta31 said:
    V5 coming soon, with little adjustments and more options. 
    I haven't tried V4 yet, but the way onward handles walking/sprinting is pretty great. Press left joystick around to move, double tap the button in to run until you let go of the stick, then you walk again.
    With V4 the more you press the left stick upwards the faster you go :)


    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    edited March 2017
    I am not gonna start a new thread as its not ready yet but we have now also started working on our weapons pack.
    In this video it shows the Glocks but the textures are not fully done as yet, We aim to have around 8 weapons when done. :)

    VIDEO IN OPENING POST
    VIDEO IN OPENING POST


    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • STANGERISMSTANGERISM Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    I think this is gonna be the best game ever simply because of all of these great mods!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    Lol forgot to link the video, Link in opening post!

    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • ragesaqragesaq Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    tonsta31 said:
    We are looking into the possibility for coop.saq said:
    tonsta31 said:
    V5 coming soon, with little adjustments and more options. 
    I haven't tried V4 yet, but the way onward handles walking/sprinting is pretty great. Press left joystick around to move, double tap the button in to run until you let go of the stick, then you walk again.
    With V4 the more you press the left stick upwards the faster you go :)

    Yeah, I think that is not necessarily the best design. Too much speed, too fast and highly variable leads to sim-sickness quickly as its more difficult for you to anticipate your rate of motion.
    The toggle for the walk/sprint speed is a huge thing Onward nails in making it one of the best full motion games that has no major sim sickness problems.
  • NickLambertNickLambert Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    tonsta31 said:
    V5 coming soon, with little adjustments and more options. 
    Wow, just wow! Thanks for taking the time to make these mods.
  • tonsta31tonsta31 Posts: 271 Oculus Start Member
    saq said:
    tonsta31 said:
    We are looking into the possibility for coop.saq said:
    tonsta31 said:
    V5 coming soon, with little adjustments and more options. 
    I haven't tried V4 yet, but the way onward handles walking/sprinting is pretty great. Press left joystick around to move, double tap the button in to run until you let go of the stick, then you walk again.
    With V4 the more you press the left stick upwards the faster you go :)

    Yeah, I think that is not necessarily the best design. Too much speed, too fast and highly variable leads to sim-sickness quickly as its more difficult for you to anticipate your rate of motion.
    The toggle for the walk/sprint speed is a huge thing Onward nails in making it one of the best full motion games that has no major sim sickness problems.
    Sorry i described not too good, the forward motion is 75% up and its walk speed past 75% its sprint. 
    tonsta31 said:
    V5 coming soon, with little adjustments and more options. 
    Wow, just wow! Thanks for taking the time to make these mods.
    Its a Pleasure

    We are now on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mgsstudios

    Feel free to have a look around as there are some nice special offfers.

    Owner of MGSStudios
    http://www.mgsstudios.com
  • ragesaqragesaq Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    tonsta31 said:
    saq said:
    tonsta31 said:
    We are looking into the possibility for coop.saq said:
    tonsta31 said:
    V5 coming soon, with little adjustments and more options. 
    I haven't tried V4 yet, but the way onward handles walking/sprinting is pretty great. Press left joystick around to move, double tap the button in to run until you let go of the stick, then you walk again.
    With V4 the more you press the left stick upwards the faster you go :)

    Yeah, I think that is not necessarily the best design. Too much speed, too fast and highly variable leads to sim-sickness quickly as its more difficult for you to anticipate your rate of motion.
    The toggle for the walk/sprint speed is a huge thing Onward nails in making it one of the best full motion games that has no major sim sickness problems.
    Sorry i described not too good, the forward motion is 75% up and its walk speed past 75% its sprint. 
    Yeah, you described it correctly. I'll have to try it out but that is exactly the kind of interaction mechanism I think leads to higher chances of sim-sickness. Its pretty hard to rapidly move the joystick in different directions at not-100%, so its pretty easy to do by accident. Movements that happen by accident in VR make it more difficult to anticipate motion which increases the chance of sim-sickness. Having an intuitive toggle makes it pretty hard to do on accident.

    I would make the same arguement for variable (based on the joystick location) smooth turning vs snap turning. If you accidentally move and hold the right joystick slightly and start turning slowly and if you aren't totally aware of it you will quickly get disoriented from not anticipating that movement. 

    Snap turning becomes the solution to this because the movement is done quickly and does not repeat, you have to return the joystick to center and press it again to turn it again. Very predictable and unlikely to cause disorientation.
Sign In or Register to comment.