cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guardian System isn't working at the moment and HDMI connection

pavolH
Honored Guest
I'm having major problems with my CV1.
First of all the Display would sometimes cut out and tells me that there is no HDMI connection. This goes away after a few times of unplugging it in and out for some reason. I tested my HDMI port with external displays and there is never any issue so it must be something to do with the Rift.

Secondly, I get "guardian systems isn't working at the moment. Click here to check our article" error. It doesn't bring me to any page. I reinstalled the software twice and recalibrated about 10 times. Upon restarting the system it usually works for the first time. But the second I take it off I get the error and everything breaks.

I am a Unity developer on a tight schedule and I can't afford to lose days to trying to fix it like I did yesterday.
I have the Rift since December and the issues began to appear in the last 4 days and have been getting progressively worst. Headset is sitting on my table all the time. It has never been banged so I suppose that this isn't a hardware issue. The sensors never move.

I read the forum posts about similar issues but have found no help. I tried looking into the log files but haven't found anything that would suggest errors.

My system specs:

ASUS ROG GL502VM laptop
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Intel I7-6700HQ
16gb of ram
2 REPLIES 2

Seattlest
Explorer
It is possible you need to remove the foam cushion from the headset and re-seat the HDMI connection on the Rift. This can make the HDMI connection spotty.

pavolH
Honored Guest
Thank you! I seemed to have fixed it by reinstalling it several more times. But i never knew that you could unplug the cable