cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am pissed about this price drop.

Darkrune
Explorer
I understand that Oculus needs to stay afloat with this, but seriously, this is an affront to those who paid full price for this hardware.  I am grateful for the early adopter software perks, but I still feel about like I got the shaft.
187 REPLIES 187

edmg
Trustee
Technology sees price cuts all the time. Just think of the people who bought a GTX1080 recently and now see it cut by a couple of hundred dollars because the GTX1080Ti is coming out.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I paid full price and do not feel this affront thing you described. 

In fact, I have watched almost every game I have purchased go on sale within a few weeks after I pay full price. And I still keep paying, because I love getting them right away and I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences.

Bilbosmeggins
Heroic Explorer
I know it can sting a bit when you lose out after a price reduction, but, sometimes you have to look on the bright side......  By making the Oculus hardware more "price attractive", it will (hopefully) attract new customers.  And the larger the user base, the more chance we get to continue this wonderful obsession.  None of us want to see VR fail......

PS:  And, for what it's worth, I paid full whack for my HMD and Touch.

vannagirl
Consultant
all the preorder games make up for a very good price drop if you were to go buy?
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I'm very happy with the price drop.  I knew/hoped price would come down which is essential to make VR mainstream.  That Oculus can reduce the price after a year is fantastic news.   Did you really expect prices would not come down? 

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
When I first read about this I read a few lines and assumed everyone who bought the Rift early was getting the credit.  Turned out I should have kept reading as its for those who had purchased the Rift JUST before the drop.  

I am one of those who pre-ordered both the Rift, and the Touch, as well as a third sensor.  All at full price.  However.  I purchased at launch expecting to pay the full prices.  I sure would have been grateful for a store credit however I also understand that I also purchased the tech right out of the gate.  I fully expected a price drop to happen on the rift

HOWEVER: A drop on the touch controllers is way to soon.  I feel everyone who perhaps pre ordered the touch could enjoy this credit.  The Touch has been out since December. 12th.  That's not even a full four months. However they have decided to not credit those who payed full price mere months ago.  BUT IF you happen to have purchased the whole set within a few weeks than boom here is some credit.  

PERSPECTIVE POINT:  A few weeks is kind of only a few weeks or so from when the Touch launched.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to ask yourself the question - was I happy to pay the full price when I bought the Rift and Touch controllers..?

Everyone would say yes to that question otherwise they wouldn't have bought them lol

Everyone being an early adopter of technology knows the risks of being an early adopter. Prices will always come down.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
I was lucky that I was within 30 days when I bought my Rift + touch from the Microsoft store.  I called them and the refundede the difference of the new price.  I got back $391 CAD. I know it sucks for people.  But that's the chance we take when we buy stuff. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't understand why we need more threads on the same subject. Can we not just stick to just one thread because this is starting to fill up the General section of the forum. Can an admin not just merge them all together?